Page 507 of 607 FirstFirst ... 7 407 457 497 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 517 557 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

If Ouellet is on the team he'll get like 12-14 minutes and won't move the needle much if at all in terms of the team's overall up-tempo play when he suits up. That's what makes him interchangeable. If it's him or Benn or Schlemko it won't change much.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Got it - thanks. I guess I disagree to a certain extent in that either way the team is better off without Benn in the lineup. I think 12-14 mins of Oulette would be better than 12-14 mins of Benn. I do agree that’s it certainly not going to move the needle much. Either way it seems like a long season is ahead for Habs fans.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Administrator

There's an added benefit with using Ouellet. While I doubt it impacts much immediately there might be a bit of untapped potential there if he can finally get his shit together as an NHL dman. We already know who Benn and Schlemko are and there's no upside to those guys. Ouellet... maybe.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    There's an added benefit with using Ouellet. While I doubt it impacts much immediately there might be a bit of untapped potential there if he can finally get his shit together as an NHL dman. We already know who Benn and Schlemko are and there's no upside to those guys. Ouellet... maybe.
    Yes! We’ll see how it goes the rest of camp.

I’m a little surprised McCarron cleared waivers too. I expected someone to give him a shot. Poor kid. He was a knee jerk draft pick to that Ottawa series where the Habs were roughed up right out of the playoffs.

I also read an opinion piece saying the Habs should trade for Ho-Sang. That doesn’t seem like a good fit.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Administrator

It's not a good fit because the team is overstocked with dependable bottom-6 forwards. Too many of them and the coach will always default to giving them ice time. There isn't much room for new players to make the jump. If they keep Kotkaniemi on the roster that probably puts Peca in the press box, or maybe even on waivers. And that sucks because he deserves a real chance.

So the team has too many bodies which prevents them from being able to buy low in trades and take advantage of other teams. And if they do make a decent move the player won't flourish.

Dobber Sports Pro

Anyone has any idea why Hudon has been stuck on the 4th line while Armia gets top-6 duty? Feels like it should be the other way around. I get that he's Finnish and helps Koktaniemi but Armia is a middle-6 forward at best, isn't he? Hudon did good things last year and should've scored more according to many metrics. With this roster begging for scoring, shouldn't he get every opportunity to shine?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Anyone has any idea why Hudon has been stuck on the 4th line while Armia gets top-6 duty? Feels like it should be the other way around. I get that he's Finnish and helps Koktaniemi but Armia is a middle-6 forward at best, isn't he? Hudon did good things last year and should've scored more according to many metrics. With this roster begging for scoring, shouldn't he get every opportunity to shine?
    Not sure what metrics you're referring to. Hudon's 5.6 SH% and 6.8 5on5SH% seem pretty normal to me. Maybe a tad low but that's like a couple of points more at best. https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/.../charles-hudon

Dobber Sports Pro

I feel his 5.6 SH% is low...but you're right, I must be remembering what I read a few weeks earlier wrong. Still, base on style of play, shouldn't he get better linemates? Watching the preseason games, I feel he brings much more than Armia.

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree on this one , Hudon>Armia. It seems like he will never get a true chance on the top 6... they let him 3 years in the AHL and now he’s stuck on the 4th line! I’m wondering what kind of production he could bring on a 10 games tryout on the top 6 with some PP.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Administrator

He'll work his way up before long. He did the same thing last year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Montreal's speed will frustrate their opponents and they'll be able to jump out ahead early in games, and have Price lock down hectic 3rds quite a bit this yr. They'll do surprisingly well, but I think they are outside the playoffs again, but they'll be like 10-12th?

I also wouldn't be surprised if they get a wildcard spot on the back of Price again. I watched as much as I could of the Leafs game (had hockey, had to leave before Matthews goal), and they looked pretty good. Lots of speed, hard forecheck, suffocated the neutral zone. They'll be a team that takes a lot of good, older teams by surprise in the first month or two of the season.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

It’s the mental laspses that kill them. It was the same last year...how many times did they score only to have the opponent score within like 2 mins. Those two quick shorties against Toronto....can’t do that. I haven’t seen enough of Price yet to know he’s “back”. Bergevin said in the media that it was a confidence issue last year for him. This seems like a dumb thing to say (so standard Bergevin) becuase it blames your goalie and, if it was a confidence issue, doesn’t help it at all. I really do think you are right Olympic that they could be a wildcard team but they could totally finish last as well.

What do you guys think they’ll do with Kotkeniemi? What should they do?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Administrator

Looks like Schlemko suffered an injury against Toronto. No other info yet.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    What do you guys think they?ll do with Kotkeniemi? What should they do?
    I think it's a given that he'll start the year in Montreal. They should give him top-6 minutes and not try to shelter him too much. I don't think he'll last over 9 games though. He'll go back to Finland or down to the AHL.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
    Drouin-Koktaniemi-Armia
    Lekhonen-Domi-Hudon
    Byron-Plekanec-Chaput

That would be my early lineup with Domi and Danault interchangeable. I don't think that will happen but who knows.

Administrator

There's no final decision to be made with him for a while. He'll start the year in Montreal and we'll go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Schlemko is out 6 weeks (knee injury)