Page 489 of 607 FirstFirst ... 389 439 479 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 499 539 589 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Does anyone know if Tkachuk can play centre? His Dobber Prospects profile lists him as C/LW but it's sometimes hard to tell if that means he's a natural centreman.
    Capable of playing center but probably not full-time at the NHL level. He spent the past season playing wing in college. Needs a more creative player around him to feed the puck, so players like him are usually put to wing.

Dobber Sports Master

What's the talk this morning about Hughes going at 3? I did not see that as a possibility... though I suppose anything past the top 2 is not that obvious.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Every possibility is going to be reported regardless of what is actually being said in team meetings. Get used to it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    What's the talk this morning about Hughes going at 3? I did not see that as a possibility... though I suppose anything past the top 2 is not that obvious.
    Perhaps they've been reading Cam Robinson's draft rankings because Cam had Hughes at #3.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I'm assuming you're referring to this morning's ramblings? I'm not sure what Montreal's media is harping about this morning. If so I think that is mostly based off Cam Robinson bumping Hughes to #3 and Zadina to #4 in his rankings which were done prior to the lottery. Later in the day that Cam released his rankings TSN released their consolidated rankings and bumped Hughes down to #9 from #6. So we'll just have to get used to every possibility being reported like Eric said.

Dobber Sports Padawan

So we would have three half centermen! Does that add up to one if you put them all on the same line?

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Capable of playing center but probably not full-time at the NHL level. He spent the past season playing wing in college. Needs a more creative player around him to feed the puck, so players like him are usually put to wing.
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Deity

Funny, this sounds exactly what they already have in Drouin.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Lots of people are saying Tkachuk will go 3rd.. don't we already have that skill set with Gallagher and in a lesser measure Shaw?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)

Dobber Sports Guru

All I want is the Habs to draft the best player, regardless of position. Don't worry about need when you're selecting third overall.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Habs need a home run here. The Galchenyuk pick was fine all things considered the last time the team drafted this high but teams need more impact from their high picks after hitting rock bottom. They need a guy who makes a real difference in winning games regardless of position. The center position is the elephant in the room but there are other ways to fill holes including the eventual Pacioretty trade.

Plus the definition most people are giving for what the Habs need at C, there's like 10 of those that exist in the league.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well said: trade Pac for a D, sign Tavares, pick Zadina and suddenly this team is looking pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Habs need a home run here. The Galchenyuk pick was fine all things considered the last time the team drafted this high but teams need more impact from their high picks after hitting rock bottom. They need a guy who makes a real difference in winning games regardless of position. The center position is the elephant in the room but there are other ways to fill holes including the eventual Pacioretty trade.

Plus the definition most people are giving for what the Habs need at C, there's like 10 of those that exist in the league.
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    Well said: trade Pac for a D, sign Tavares, pick Zadina and suddenly this team is looking pretty good
    You forgot Erik Karlsson and Drew Doughty who are both going to Montreal.

Dobber Sports Padawan

That wouldn't hurt

You forgot Erik Karlsson and Drew Doughty who are both going to Montreal.
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Does Pacioretty get moved at the draft??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Does Pacioretty get moved at the draft??
    Most likely. I expect Habs fans will not be happy with the return but that's just a gut reaction.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."