Page 455 of 607 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 465 505 555 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    He absolutely did say enough to show that he’s got nothing grasp on reality and is a poor hockey executive. The answer is in the room? The only thing lacking is confidence? He doesn’t regret any of his summer?

So, it has nothing to do with losing key cogs in Markov and Radulov and replacing the with crap?

Those quotes are an embarrassment.
    All he did was give the media quotes to play with. Whether or not they match his true beliefs is another story.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, the xenophobia reaches another level. Wow. New low.
    That's not what xenophobia is lol. Get a dictionary.

Niche

noun
    1. an ornamental recess in a wall or the like, usually semicircular in plan and arched, as for a statue or other decorative object.
    2. a place or position suitable or appropriate for a person or thing
    3. a distinct segment of a market.

adjective
    5. pertaining to or intended for a market niche; having specific appeal

Xenophobia

noun
    1. fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers
    2. fear or dislike of the customs, dress, etc., of people who are culturally different from oneself

I don't believe I've exhibited any form of fear, hatred, or dislike. If you want to insult me, do it properly and accurately or don't bother. You're gonna embarrass yourself.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That's not what xenophobia is lol. Get a dictionary.
    Well, given that you seem to have a hate on for a language and culture that isn't your own, you now, referring to them as quirky and niche.. while francophones and franco-canadians may not be from another country.. I think the sentiment fits the bill.

Get some manners and some education as to just how "niche" francophones are in this country. You might be surprised.

And since this is about the Habs operating in their own market, your niche argument, while insulting, actually has little merit.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well, given that you seem to have a hate on for a language and culture that isn't your own, you now, referring to them as quirky and niche.. while francophones and franco-canadians may not be from another country.. I think the sentiment fits the bill.

Get some manners and some education as to just how "niche" francophones are in this country. You might be surprised.

And since this is about the Habs operating in their own market, your niche argument, while insulting, actually has little merit.
    See definitions, where you're very clearly wrong. I posted them above for your convenience.

Administrator

Boys, it's time to move on. No need for a pissing match here. Either you put an end to it or I will.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Boys, it's time to move on. No need for a pissing match here. Either you put an end to it or I will.
    I had no intention of one, Eric, and it is rather rare that I get into one, if at all. I am certainly done talking to this individual and being insulted by the same, if that's what you mean.

These forums be a place of respect.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ace

Ok then so back to your regularly scheduled program.

Habs have L.A and NYR at home then are in Ottawa to close out the month. Any chance last nights game can ignite a bit of a turnaround? I know the analytics (and coach) suggest the awful “puck luck” to start the year can only turn but I’m not sure results will be anything but a massive struggle all year long.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Ok then so back to your regularly scheduled program.

Habs have L.A and NYR at home then are in Ottawa to close out the month. Any chance last nights game can ignite a bit of a turnaround? I know the analytics (and coach) suggest the awful “puck luck” to start the year can only turn but I’m not sure results will be anything but a massive struggle all year long.
    I just don't think the core group is skilled enough. They really have to work hard to score goals and lack a catalyst or two to generate the offense. Closest thing is Drouin, then maybe Galchenyuk, in terms of dynamic skill.. Galch is lacking some, so it's falling on Drouin but he can't be the single savior.

I think it's a struggle all year.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

The Great One

I think last nights game has to ignite something. It was by no means effortless but it was a huge relief for me....I can only imagine how the players feel. The NHL season is always a struggle. There are few easy outs anymore. Bergevin was correct in his statement that the Habs are not an elite team but are in the fur ball that will produce a number of playoff teams. And the Habs do have an elite goaltender. Right now the only teams making it look easy are Tampa and Vegas and sometimes the Leafs. Do I think we're cruising to a 110 point season? No. But are we a mid to high 90's team that grabs a playoff spot? I think so. This team does have a ton of skill up front. Some of it admittedly has some development to go. But all four lines right now are fast and have some skill. There's even some size there. It's going to be scoring by committee (like last night with 9 different guys finding the score sheet), not by a Stamkos/Kucherov/Namestnikov type line. The make or break for this year will be the D. If this group can gel into something league average and we can get some pop from them on the PP we'll be just fine.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

I do think the PP at least should be good. With shooters like Patches and Weber and a couple of decent puck distributors, there’s no reason why at least the PP shouldn’t work.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Apparently, Mario Tremblay made the claim on radio yesterday that Galchenuyk has twice gone in for treatment for substance abuse problems.
    If you want to hear it from the arseholes mouth

https://radioego.com/985fm/media/ca-...ario-tremblay#

Tremblay is an idiot. Not even sure if this is true or not, but whether or not it is, Tremblay should keep his mouth shut. He was the guy who started the condemnation of the Habs in the first place by chasing out Roy. Hope Tremblay feels good about possibly leaking confidential personal information, if it is not an outright lie that is.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    If you want to hear it from the arseholes mouth

https://radioego.com/985fm/media/ca-...ario-tremblay#

Tremblay is an idiot. Not even sure if this is true or not, but whether or not it is, Tremblay should keep his mouth shut. He was the guy who started the condemnation of the Habs in the first place by chasing out Roy. Hope Tremblay feels good about possibly leaking confidential personal information, if it is not an outright lie that is.
    Definitely a dick move by a repeat offending dick.

In a weird way, though, it's made be look at AG in a more positive light. I've assumed for a long while that much of his on ice issues had to do with lifestyle decisions (too much partying etc) and blamed him for his predicament. But if he does have abuse problems and is in fact trying to get help, then good on him. I'm moving from the AG is just an immature unfocused entitled millionnaire to the AG needs help to get better camp.

Finally, MB made this weird comment at the end of last season in which he compared AG (he player) to an alcoholic who had to recognize first that he had a problem before he could get better. I thought at the time it was simply an innocent analogy, I wonder now if it was all that innocent.

Dobber Sports Expert

I just don't think the core group is skilled enough. They really have to work hard to score goals and lack a catalyst or two to generate the offense. Closest thing is Drouin, then maybe Galchenyuk, in terms of dynamic skill.. Galch is lacking some, so it's falling on Drouin but he can't be the single savior.

I think it's a struggle all year.
    I've been a huge Habs hater the past years but I actually like their forwards. I just don't like how they are used. I still think Galchenyuk is a better center than Drouin, but Chucky doesn't have the defensive ability to match up against top centers.
    Problem is that defense. It's shit. The Habs best D is Jeff Petry, that's bad, really bad(No it's not Weber).
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Icon

How has Charles Hudon looked? Is he going to start scoring soon and actually get some points or will he be back in the AHL shortly?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    How has Charles Hudon looked? Is he going to start scoring soon and actually get some points or will he be back in the AHL shortly?
    He's here to stay in my opinion. He looks good on that 3rd line. With Hamsky out (hopefully not to return to the NHL club) and the other call-ups I don't see Hudon being sent down. I can't say how the point production is going to look.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch