Page 434 of 607 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 444 484 534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

I feel like we have a whole team of reclamation projects sometimes... I might have been inclined to try Yak with Galchenyuk but then again, the Habs are low on Galchenyuk so I don't know if they take on two contracts for a guy they're not sure about..

With Beaulieu traded and Emelin gone too, this team all of a sudden has a lot of holes.. Perhaps the brass think Juulsen has made enough strides to make the opening day roster?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I feel like we have a whole team of reclamation projects sometimes... I might have been inclined to try Yak with Galchenyuk but then again, the Habs are low on Galchenyuk so I don't know if they take on two contracts for a guy they're not sure about..
    Very true, but if they opt to keep Galchenyuk, they need to try something different from last year's approach (the first half was fine where Galchenyuk was thriving as THE guy but when he returned from his injury, he was all over the place... literally) . I think if they want to pair him up with a player and let him figure things out without moving him up and down the lines, might as well line him up with a guy he had great chemistry with in the past; especially if they can land Yakupov for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    With Beaulieu traded and Emelin gone too, this team all of a sudden has a lot of holes.. Perhaps the brass think Juulsen has made enough strides to make the opening day roster?
    I heard from local sources that Juulsen is most likely not going to be part of the opening day roster. He still needs to fine tune his game and although they need to fill in some D spots, they won't rush him from what I've heard. As for my own opinion, I think he still needs some time in the A.

Either way, they need to figure things out ASAP. If not, that list of players that didn't get qualifying offers will be what's left to pluck from in a few weeks
    Here's to hoping that on July 1st, MB plays his cards well and stacks the team accordingly!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Very true, but if they opt to keep Galchenyuk, they need to try something different from last year's approach (the first half was fine where Galchenyuk was thriving as THE guy but when he returned from his injury, he was all over the place... literally) . I think if they want to pair him up with a player and let him figure things out without moving him up and down the lines, might as well line him up with a guy he had great chemistry with in the past; especially if they can land Yakupov for cheap.

I heard from local sources that Juulsen is most likely not going to be part of the opening day roster. He still needs to fine tune his game and although they need to fill in some D spots, they won't rush him from what I've heard. As for my own opinion, I think he still needs some time in the A.

Either way, they need to figure things out ASAP. If not, that list of players that didn't get qualifying offers will be what's left to pluck from in a few weeks
    Here's to hoping that on July 1st, MB plays his cards well and stacks the team accordingly!

We will undoubtedly end up with more 4th liners and character guys...

I hear they're talking to Alzner.. but if I was him, I would stay with the Caps and make my contract fit.. I would avoid Montr?al.

If that's where Juulsen is in his development, this team is in more trouble than I thought.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Jerabek and Mete are more ready than Juulsen. There's also Redmond who is signed for just 600k and could factor in once again.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Eek... none of those guys scream top pairing or top 4 potential... We are in trouble... then again, we always were, so.. meh. At least any of those guys are cheap, leaving some room to pick up a UFA like Alzner if he does want to go to MTL..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Administrator

Markov is apparently seeking a two-year deal and after recent moves he pretty much has Bergevin by the balls.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Markov is apparently seeking a two-year deal and after recent moves he pretty much has Bergevin by the balls.
    $3.5M AAV so $7M total was something I read somewhere, perhaps it was coming out of Russia but anyways, maybe it has some truth to it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Markov has earned the right to not have the team play hardball over one extra year IMO.

Administrator

An AAV of 3.5 million would make him one of the best bargains in the league. I'm pretty sure he'll be north of $5 million.

Dobber Sports Stud

FWIW, La Presse is projecting an AAV of 5.75 in today's edition (they don't say 1 or 2 yrs, though).

Dobber Sports Wizard

An AAV of 3.5 million would make him one of the best bargains in the league. I'm pretty sure he'll be north of $5 million.
    I found the source they were using. It's Jimmy Murphy, and I have no idea if he's reliable at all but here's the link: https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/sta...70916134408192

NHL source to me: "The word on Markov is he's looking for 2-yr deal worth $7 million. Wants to stay w/#Habs but will talk to other teams."
    He mentions in the comments that it's $7M total, so $3.5M per year. But as said, I have no idea how reliable this is if at all.

Administrator

If he's actually asking for 3.5 per I'd have no issue giving him 2 years.

Dobber Sports Master

If he's actually asking for 3.5 per I'd have no issue giving him 2 years.
    Seriously, show me where to sign.

I feel like the last 3 contracts he signed, the AAV was 5.75M lol. No?
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Administrator

Looks like it's 2 years, $12 million that he's seeking.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...from-canadiens

Dobber Sports Stud

Markov: 3.5 per year would be ridiculous, I bet they resettle at that 5.75 price tag, maybe a bit less over two seasons.

Regarding defence, I would welcome Alzner at the right price (5x5?) but we would still need a left puck-moving dman...
    Though I believe Davidson could really surprise if he gets the opportunity.
    I like the way he skates and he has a decent shot. He might thrive in a structured system like Claude Julien preaches.

Anyone has seen Jerabek play?
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.