Page 12 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Alfredsson is just sick right now. Some kind of cold.

They have hinted towards keeping Zibanejad all year. We'll see when his 9 games are up though

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Alfredsson is just sick right now. Some kind of cold.

They have hinted towards keeping Zibanejad all year. We'll see when his 9 games are up though
    A COLD!

Ugh. Seriously?

I suppose that's better than anything serious.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Banned

A nasty head cold. He played through it on Saturday. Don't suspect that will cause him to miss any games

Dobber Sports Guru

A nasty head cold. He played through it on Saturday. Don't suspect that will cause him to miss any games
    Ha! Misread -- I saw the lines and assumed they were projected (but didn't even notice they don't play today!).

Nice.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Banned

Butler might not play tomorrow either. Him and Filatov were apparently slacking off in practice, and MacLean blasted them saying: "What are you two doing over there? You wanna be a part of it or what?".

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I wonder how long it's going to be an "adventure" (meaning: ulcer-inducing) to own Filatov. I should probably send him down and call up Bickell until Filatov has things figured out, if that happens.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

He actually hasn't even played badly. He was just quickly removed from the top line as soon as MM, Alfie and Spezza were put back together.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I guess, but at this point even a gust of wind in his direction gives me the jitters
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Game 3: Wild @ Sens

Home opener for the Sens

Lineup tonight:

Greening-Spezza-Zibanejad
    Michalek-Da Costa-Alfredsson
    Foligno-Regin-Neil
    Smith-Konopka-Condra

Cowen-Gonchar
    Kuba-Karlsson
    Phillips-Rundblad

Anderson

Scratches: Filatov, Butler, Lee
    Last edited by Big Ev; October 11, 2011 at 11:03 AM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gooooooo, Gonchar should be the one scratched.

But I know, I know, they won't sit the five million dollar contract....ugh....

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Banned

You don't scratch a vet like Gonchar, regardless of of his contract.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

He actually hasn't even played badly. He was just quickly removed from the top line as soon as MM, Alfie and Spezza were put back together.
    I think that was a good move for Filatov. He needs time in the shadows to learn how to bring it.

Banned

3-3 Sens win in shootout. Now that is the way Paul MacLean wants the team to play. Dominant performance. Outshot Minny 44-24. 2 of Minnesota's 3 goals were fairly lucky.

Notes:

Chris Neil - DOMINANT. 1 goal, 1 assist, 8 hits. Was a presence all night long. One of the best games I've ever seen him play!

Colin Greening - this guy just gets it and Paul MacLean loves him! He's a Tomas Holmstrom type with great speed and size. Just a presence in front of the net on PP's.

David Rundblad - Rundblad made some very nice plays for his first NHL game and logged over 20 minutes of ice-time. He had some giveaways but he showed what he is all about. Creativity and offense from the back-end. I don't see him coming out of the lineup.

Peter Regin - 2 assists tonight. Saw only 15 minutes but his skating and puck possession skills are very good and he won 10 out of 17 draws. Sens needed him backj and healthy.

Mika Zibanejad - no points in 14:48 but this was his best regular season game yet. He played on the wing tonight and made some nice moves, drove hard to the net, had a couple of hits, and set up Spezza with a sweet pass through a couple of legs in front, but Spezza couldn't bury it. He was noticeable every time on the ice and he is showing why he should stick in Ottawa past 9 games.

Daniel Alfredsson - no points but his speed is good and he fired 6 shots on net. He isn't showing his age at all at the moment, and is still playing 20+ minutes per game.

Dobber Sports Icon

3-3 Sens win in shootout. Now that is the way Paul MacLean wants the team to play. Dominant performance. Outshot Minny 44-24. 2 of Minnesota's 3 goals were fairly lucky.

Notes:

Chris Neil - DOMINANT. 1 goal, 1 assist, 8 hits. Was a presence all night long. One of the best games I've ever seen him play!

Colin Greening - this guy just gets it and Paul MacLean loves him! He's a Tomas Holmstrom type with great speed and size. Just a presence in front of the net on PP's.

David Rundblad - Rundblad made some very nice plays for his first NHL game and logged over 20 minutes of ice-time. He had some giveaways but he showed what he is all about. Creativity and offense from the back-end. I don't see him coming out of the lineup.

Peter Regin - 2 assists tonight. Saw only 15 minutes but his skating and puck possession skills are very good and he won 10 out of 17 draws. Sens needed him backj and healthy.

Mika Zibanejad - no points in 14:48 but this was his best regular season game yet. He played on the wing tonight and made some nice moves, drove hard to the net, had a couple of hits, and set up Spezza with a sweet pass through a couple of legs in front, but Spezza couldn't bury it. He was noticeable every time on the ice and he is showing why he should stick in Ottawa past 9 games.

Daniel Alfredsson - no points but his speed is good and he fired 6 shots on net. He isn't showing his age at all at the moment, and is still playing 20+ minutes per game.

Thanks Ev. Have to say though, I disagree on Rundblad, at least regarding his showing in the portions of the game I saw (parts of the 2nd and 3rd periods). To me, while Rundblad showed some decent offensive skill jumping into the play, overall his play was pretty raw and especially bad in the defensive end. A couple of plays where he had brutal giveaways and on one occasion he skated out in front of his own net and basically ran into his defensive partner. The kid's obviously got skill but he needs lots of seasoning -then again, I do recognize that Karlsson had similar growing pains at the beginning of last season and it still turned out alright, I just don't know how much rope Maclean will give Rundblad (last year, Clouston obviously didn't use that as an excuse to cut Karlsson's ice time).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

What can we expect from Regin thie year? Long term? He lost a lot of luster last year- does he get back some of that shine this season? Or has his time passed with guys like BB and Zijinimawhatsamawhooshit passing him by?