Page 11 of 244 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

FOr a keeper, no question it's Rundblad but I would rather have Gragnani for this year, I think.

Banned

Sens sent Lehner, Hoffman, Daugavins, Borowiecki, and Wiercioch to Binghamton. These were the final cuts.

The following players remain with the Sens. Phillips, Carkner, and Regin are injured right now, so some guys might not be staying in Ottawa once the others are fully healthy.

Anderson, Auld

Cowen, Karlsson, Gonchar, Kuba, Lee, Rundblad, Carkner, Phillips

Spezza, Butler, Filatov, Alfredsson, Da Costa, Zibanejad, Greening, Smith, Condra, Neil, Konopka, Regin, Michalek, Foligno, Winchester

Dobber Sports Padawan

Carkner will be out a month from his knee surgery as he tweaked his injury from last year. No fantasy value aside from PIM's but a funny side note:

Jason York (former Sen, now afternoon radio host on Teamm 1200 (for any who don't know)) was supposed to go for knee surgery as well, but Carkner trumped him and slid into his time slot, so now he as to wait.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Banned

Yup, I think he will be out even longer than a month. Big opportunity for Rundblad here.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

OMG Ottawa defense is brutal.
    16 teams, 14 keepers, weekly HTH, 13 F, 6 D and 2 G.
    $100 million salary cap based on NHL real salary.
    G/A: 1 pt W: 2pt

F : Duchene, D Sedin, Spezza, Hudler, E Kane, Pominville, Plekanec, Zuccarello, Koivu, Macarthur, Cammalleri, Nelson, Rakell, Spooner, Etem
    D : Ekman-Larsson, Pietrangelo, Vatanen, Wiercioch, Murray, Zadorov, McCabe
    G : Fleury, Elliott, Darling

Banned

Yeah tough night so far. Oh well, expected.

Dobber Sports Icon

EV, saw the replays of the two Michalek goals - Spezza was his old beastly self on those goals. Bodes well for a strong bounceback season if he is producing plays like that.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Banned

just as impressive was that his line was +1 despite the sens giving up 5 even strength goals... and scoring just one even strength goal

Banned

Yeah Spezza and Michalek were great together in the third. Filatov was decent on that line as well. Michalek is in awesome shape after a great off-season, and you can really tell. His breakaway speed is back to 100%, and he is driving the net and playing hard. If he stays healthy, he gets 25 goals with a chance at 30.

Stephane Da Costa was great before he got drilled into the boards, resulting in a cut to his face. He was skating very well, making plays, stealing pucks. Just solid play from the Frenchman. Took Mika Zibanejad's spot on the second line halfway through the game.

Zibanejad was only OK. Had 4 hits, got his first NHL point on a secondary PP assist in the third. What I like about him is that each game he gets more noticeable as the game goes on.

Butler played 6:28. I think he may be scratched tomorrow night against the Leafs.

Overall, the Sens sucked in the second but the 1st and 3rd they were right there with the Wings. It was nice to see them come back and score 3 goals after going down 5-0. It was the D that was the main issue tonight. All the forwards (except for a few) were pretty good, and the ice time was distributed fairly evenly tonight.

Sens are back at it tomorrow night against Toronto. Konopka and Rundblad might draw back into the lineup.

Banned

Game 2 - Sens @ Leafs

IN: Konopka
    OUT: Butler (healthy), Rundblad (healthy), Regin (shoulder), Carkner (knee)

Projected Lineup:

Michalek-Spezza-Filatov
    Greening-Zibanejad-Alfredsson
    Foligno-Da Costa-Neil
    Konopka-Smith-Condra

Phillips-Lee
    Cowen-Gonchar
    Kuba-Karlsson

Anderson
    Last edited by Big Ev; October 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM.

Banned

Another...interesting night. More later on, but hey at least we're scoring goals!!!! haha

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Another...interesting night. More later on, but hey at least we're scoring goals!!!! haha
    I'll hand it to you guys...the latter half of that 3rd period belonged to the Senators, no doubt.

We were lucky to escape with the W after that abysmal 3rd.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Banned

Lines from practice:

Greening-Spezza-Zibanejad
    Michalek-Da Costa-Butler
    Foligno-Regin-Neil
    Smith-Konopka-Condra

Cowen-Gonchar
    Kuba-Karlsson
    Phillips-Rundblad.

Notes: Paul MacLean loves Greening, I think that's pretty clear. He thinks of him as a Holmstrom type for the PP and the banger in the Top 6.

Zibanejad looks to get a bigger role next game. He has not looked out of place in low minutes so far.

Rundblad looks to take Lee's spot in the lineup tomorrow night.

Filatov might be a healthy scratch or he may play on the 4th liner. I wouldn't read too much into that as he has looked OK on the ice. Not scoring but he is still playing well defensively and even taking the body. They probably just want to get Butler back in the Top 6 to see if his scratching motivated him.
    Last edited by Big Ev; October 10, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

The Magnificent One

Where's alfy? Is he hurt or just resting during practice?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Lines from practice:

Greening-Spezza-Zibanejad
    Michalek-Da Costa-Butler
    Foligno-Regin-Neil
    Smith-Konopka-Condra

Cowen-Gonchar
    Kuba-Karlsson
    Phillips-Rundblad.

Notes: Paul MacLean loves Greening, I think that's pretty clear. He thinks of him as a Holmstrom type for the PP and the banger in the Top 6.

Zibanejad looks to get a bigger role next game. He has not looked out of place in low minutes so far.

Rundblad looks to take Lee's spot in the lineup tomorrow night.

Filatov might be a healthy scratch or he may play on the 4th liner. I wouldn't read too much into that as he has looked OK on the ice. Not scoring but he is still playing well defensively and even taking the body. They probably just want to get Butler back in the Top 6 to see if his scratching motivated him.
    Is Zibanejad going to stay with the team all year, or get sent down after 9 games?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel