Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Monster

Good write up from Tracey Myers on Duncan Keith. Good stuff.

http://www.csnchicago.com/07/16/11/F...41431723655384

Dobber Sports Monster

From Hockey Prospectus.

Hawks top 10 prospects

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1022

Dobber Sports Monster

Halfway through the off season and the start of the new season cannot get here fast enough for me.

From here until the start of the season I would not expect much more from the Hawks in terms of roster moves. ( We need to still extend Sharpie's contract though ) I think Bowman has done a good job overall. We are a stronger club than we were when Vancouver eliminated us in the playoffs.

Brunette, Carcillo, Mayers, O'Donnell, and Montador are very good signings and low risk investments for the most part. Gives us some much needed muscle and will allow Toews, Kane, Sharpie, Hossa and co. to do their thing on the ice. Kaner's wrist will be fine. I really like Frolik in the fold as well, he's gonna surprise some people and give us some good scoring punch on the lower lines.

Q likes to shuffle lines around quite a bit, so its hard to gauge exactly how lines will stack up initially.

I think we saw what Crawford is capable of doing ( during the playoffs) that was absolutely the best experience possible and the Hawks feel much more confident this year knowing there set in goal and they trust Crawford.

So with a great scoring core group, a solid tender in Crawford and some much needed grit, tenacity and protection the Hawks IMO are much much improved hockey club.

The boys have had alot more time this off season ( unfortunately since we got eliminated early in the playoff) to rest, reflect and recharge the batteries. The boys are itching to get back at it. The hunger runs deep and the Captain , Duncs, Sharpie and Seabs are ready to get back on the ice and bring the cup back to Chitown.

The Cup quest begins this year in Dallas on Oct 7th.

Nov 6th the Canucks ride into the Madhouse. We're ready!

Dobber Sports Monster

Kane had his surgery today, and as expected it was deemed " Successful"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...d-rr-headlines

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Kane had his surgery today, and as expected it was deemed " Successful"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...d-rr-headlines
    well that's good news, hopefully he makes a full recovery

Dobber Sports Monster

Dobber Sports Monster

Past history:

"What if Chicago didn't draft Roenick?"

Cool little history " look back" about Hawks drafting Roenick.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...daily_20110711

Dobber Sports Monster

Hawks promote Ted Dent to Head Coach of Rockford.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=569736

Dobber Sports Monster

Hawks lines would stack up as follows

EDIT: Assuming Kane is healthy

Brunette - Toews - Kane
    Stalberg- Sharp - Hossa
    Bickell - Bolland - Frolik
    Carcillo - Mayers - Smith / Morin

Keith - Seabrook
    Hjalmarsson - Montador
    Lepisto- Leddy
    O'Donnell Scott

Crawford
    Salak

Camp Battle Morin / Kruger / Smith

I think we'll see quite a bit of Smith / Morin as Olesz will more than likely go down to injury.

Sharpie will see action at W as well C.

Carcillo will stagger lines, Im sure Q will put him with Toews / Kane at specific times as he's already indicated that.

Lots of flexibility Hawks have.
    Last edited by Shake; July 20, 2011 at 6:03 PM.

Dobber Sports Monster

Bowman's complete history since taking over as GM of Hawks.

http://committedindians.com/stan-bow...blackhawks-gm/

Stan Bowman was named the named the ninth General Manager in Blackhawks history on July 14, 2009.

For a list of draft picks, check here. Note: Bowman has been responsible for drafts beginning in 2010.

Here is a comprehensive list of the moves Bowman has made since becoming GM.

——————————

Trades

Oct. 7, 2009 – traded D Aaron Johnson to Calgary for F Kyle Greentree.

Feb. 10, 2010 – traded D Cam Barker to Minnesota for D Kim Johnsson and D Nick Leddy.

March 1, 2010 - traded G Joe Fallon to St. Louis for G Hannu Toivonen and D Danny Richmond.

March 2, 1010 – traded future considerations to Anaheim for D Nick Boynton.

June 20, 2010 – traded F Kris Versteeg and F Billy Sweatt to Toronto for F Viktor Stalberg, F Philippe Paradis and F Chris DiDomenico.

June 23, 2010 – traded F/D Dustin Byfuglien, F Ben Eager, D Brent Sopel and F Akim Aliu to Atlanta for F Marty Reasoner, F Joey Crabb, F Jeremy Morin and New Jersey’s 2010 first and second round picks (acq. by ATL in Ilya Kovalchuk trade) – #26 (F Kevin Hayes) and #54 (D Justin Holl)

June 24, 2010 – traded F Colin Fraser to Edmonton for a 2010 sixth-round pick (F Mirko Hofflin)

June 25, 2010 – traded the Blackhawks first round pick #30 (F Brock Nelson) to the New York Islanders for their second round picks #35 (F Ludvig Rensfeldt) and #58 (G Kent Simpson).

June 25, 2010 – traded the Flames second round pick #43 (acq. from CGY in Rene Bourque trade) to the Toronto Maple Leafs for F Jimmy Hayes.

June 25, 2010 – traded the Toronto Maple Leafs second round selection in 2010 back to Toronto for the Calgary Flames second round pick in 2011 #43 (Brandon Saad) and Toronto’s third round pick in 2011 #70 (Michael Paliotta)

July 1, 2010 – traded F Andrew Ladd to Atlanta for D Ivan Vishnevskiy and a 2011 second-round pick (#36 overall – D Adam Clendening)

July 22, 2010 – traded F Marty Reasoner to Florida for F Jeff Taffe.

February 9, 2011 – traded F Jack Skille, F Hugh Jessiman and F David Pacan to Florida for F Michael Frolik and G Alexander Salak.

February 28, 2011 – traded F Ryan Potulny and a conditional 2nd round pick to Ottawa (#48, subsequently traded to Detroit) for D Chris Campoli.

June 24, 2011 – traded F Troy Brouwer to Washington for a first round pick #26 (F Phillip Danault)

June 25, 2011 – traded D Brian Campbell to Florida for F Rostislav Olesz.

June 28, 2011 – traded the negotiating rights to F Tomas Kopecky to Florida for a conditional 7th round draft pick in 2012 or 2013. (Kopecky signed; pick is Chicago’s.)

June 29, 2011 – traded the conditional 7th round draft pick from Kopecky deal to Buffalo for negotiating rights to D Steve Montador.

—————————-

Waiver Moves

September 25, 2009 – claimed F Radek Smolenak (lost Oct. 9 via waivers – TB)

October 17, 2009 – claimed F Andrew Ebbett (lost Nov. 21 via waivers – MIN)

August 2, 2010 – declined arbitration decision with G Antti Niemi.

September 25, 2010 – waived G Cristobal Huet; assigned to minors.

July 20, 2011 – declined arbitration decision with D Chris Campoli

——————————

Free Agents Signed

July 20, 2009 – signed F Danny Bois.

December 3, 2009 – signed F Patrick Kane to a five-year, $31.5M extension

December 3, 2009 – signed F Jonathan Toews to a five-year, $31.5M extension

December 3, 2009 – signed D Duncan Keith to a 13-year, $72M extension

February 17, 2010 – signed D Jassen Cullimore.

July 2, 2010 – signed F/D John Scott to a two-year, $1.25M deal.

July 17, 2010 - matched San Jose offer sheet with D Niklas Hjalmarsson, four-years, $14M deal.

July 28, 2010 – re-signed F Bryan Bickell to a three-year, $1.625M deal.

July 31, 2010 – signed D Nick Leddy to a three-year, entry-level deal.

August 2, 2010 – signed G Marty Turco to a one-year, $1.3M deal.

August 3, 2010 – signed F Igor Makarov to a two-year deal.

August 4, 2010 – signed F Hugh Jessiman.

August 4, 2010 – re-signed F Evan Brophey.

August 4, 2010 – re-signed G Hannu Toivonen.

August 4, 2010 – re-signed F Nathan Davis.

August 4, 2010 – re-signed D Jassen Cullimore.

August 11, 2010 – re-signed D Jordan Hendry to a one-year, $600k deal.

August 16, 2010 – re-signed D Nick Boynton to a one-year, $500k deal.

August 24, 2010 – signed F Fernando Pisani to a one-year, $500k deal.

August 31, 2010 – signed F Brandon Pirri to a three-year, entry-level deal.

September 9, 2010 – signed F Ryan Potulny to a one-year, $500k deal.

November 26, 2010 – signed D Garnet Exelby.

December 17, 2010 – signed F Ryan Johnson to a one-year, $500k deal.

January 1, 2011 – signed D Dylan Olsen to a three-year, entry-level deal.

February 27, 2011 – signed D Brent Seabrook to a five-year, $29M extension.

March 31, 2011 – signed F Jimmy Hayes to a three-year, entry-level deal.

April 12, 2011 – signed D Joe Lavin to a two-year, entry-level deal.

May 20, 2011 – signed G Corey Crawford to a three-year, $8M deal.

May 31, 2011 – signed Fs Byron Froese and David Gilbert to three-year, entry-level deals.

May 31, 2011 – signed G Alexander Salak to a two-year, $1.225M deal.

June 30, 2011 – signed D Steve Montador to a four-year, $11M deal.

July 1, 2011 - signed F Jamal Mayers to a one-year, $550k deal.

July 1, 2011 – signed D Sean O’Donnell to a one-year, $850k deal.

July 1, 2011 – signed F Andrew Brunette to a one-year, $2M deal.

July 1, 2011 – signed F Dan Carcillo to a one-year, $775k deal.

July 13, 2011 – re-signed minor-league D Brian Connelly to a one-year deal

July 15, 2011 – signed D Sami Lepisto to a one-year, $750k deal

July 15, 2011 – re-signed F Michael Frolik to a three-year, $7M deal.

I think so far a pretty good job he's done. He's focused long term, locked up Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook Frolik, Montador, Crawford. The core of this team will be together for a long time.

I like that he signed Carcillo, Bruno, Lepisto, Mayers to small short term very low risk contracts giving the team options next free agency period, allowing some prosepcts to groom more down in minors.

Hawks had a fantastic draft this year as well.

The Magnificent One

So I some how got loaded with hawks on my team. Curious about your thoughts on morin/ hossa and montador this coming season. I will guess like you said hossa and sharp will stay together but if any I'll effects to Kane could we see an increased role for morin?

Hard to shoot out point predictions but what do u think? Could montador see pp time?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    So I some how got loaded with hawks on my team. Curious about your thoughts on morin/ hossa and montador this coming season. I will guess like you said hossa and sharp will stay together but if any I'll effects to Kane could we see an increased role for morin?

Hard to shoot out point predictions but what do u think? Could montador see pp time?

Montador will be mostly used in ES and PK ( which is huge for for the Hawks this year.) We ranked 25th last year. Monty may play the occasional shift here and there on PP2 ( Injury or game specific situations ) but mostly he'll be used in ES and PK.

I'd put Hossa right around 65-70 points for 2011-12 season, upwards of 70 ( Stay healthy Hossa )

Morin, Smith and Kruger will be in camp dog fight. Bowman has already indicated these guys are there in camp to earn a spot, one of them will for sure earn a spot. I personally think Kruger is the guy this year. I like his game quite a bit. He's our #1 ranked prospect and figure he'll plug in 4th line center duties. In saying that however, both Smith and Morin will get strong looks. It's there for the taking, all 3 have the shot.

Dobber Sports Monster

As we know, Emery will be in Hawks camp.

http://crashthecrease.com/2011/07/27...amp-on-tryout/

I am a big fan of this. It will push Salak , see what he's made of. It will push Emery to prove himself healthy and ready . Hawks don't lose either way.

I believe Salak's deal is a one way deal, so that could potentially become an issue if Emery impresses enough to warrant him as the backup.

Dobber Sports Monster

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,1391081.story

Hawks own Emery's rights until Oct 1st. They'll have to make a decision by that time. Hawks could keep him on board or let him go, its a good thing as mentioned before, The Hawks can only benefit from a Salak / Emery fight in camp and also benefits Emery as if he does not work for the Hawks another NHL Club might see enough to give him a shot if Hawks decline him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I believe Salak's deal is a one way deal, so that could potentially become an issue if Emery impresses enough to warrant him as the backup.
    Ya I was a little confused about this. Goldman mentioned something about Salak still maybe being waiver-exepmt, even though he's on a one way. Letting Salak start 55 games in the AHL would be perfect imo, assuming he would go for that. Having Emery as a backup gives me a bit more confidence than Salak and his two career games.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar