Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago Blackhawks

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Absolutely!! Seabs with a huge goal, Hossa playing like a man possessed and Toews with a Penalty shot goal. Awesome stuff!!

Welcome to the show Jimmy Hayes.
    How was Toews' Penalty shot? I heard from my Hawks' fan friend it was nice, but he's pretty biased lol
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    How was Toews' Penalty shot? I heard from my Hawks' fan friend it was nice, but he's pretty biased lol

It was sort of a weak call ( but we'll take it ) they got Lidstrom on the call.

Nothing fancy, Toews came down the middle and fired a wrist shot to beat Howard.

Dobber Sports Master

It was sort of a weak call ( but we'll take it ) they got Lidstrom on the call.

Nothing fancy, Toews came down the middle and fired a wrist shot to beat Howard.
    Well, that wasn't how I imagined it based on his description haha.

Thanks man, I didn't really believe him in the first place.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Monster

Per Tracey Myers..

"The Blackhawks power play is struggling once again, so coach Joel Quenneville was switching up the units on Tuesday to try and spark it. The top unit was Andrew Brunette, Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp. The second unit featured Brent Seabrook, Nick Leddy, Patrick Kane, Dave Bolland and rookie Jimmy Hayes"

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/black...158&feedID=625

Dobber Sports Monster

CarBomb suspended again, this will be his third suspension this season. It's likely gonna be a lengthy one. He has to have a hearing with the dept of player safety

He is also due for an MRI on the knee . A call up from Rockford is likely. Remains to be seen who though.

The Hawks signed 2011 5th round pick Andrew Shaw to a three-year deal. Shaw has 12 goals, 21 points in 33 games at Rockford. In 2011 Shaw was named the OHL's Hardest Working Player OF The Year.

Dobber Sports Monster

Here is more on Carcillo and a callup in the works.

http://dailyherald.com/article/20120...rts/701039611/

Dobber Sports Monster

Andrew Shaw and Dylan Olsen brought up, Montador and Kruger to IR.

The Magnificent One

Per Tracey Myers..

"The Blackhawks power play is struggling once again, so coach Joel Quenneville was switching up the units on Tuesday to try and spark it. The top unit was Andrew Brunette, Jonathan Toews, Duncan Keith, Marian Hossa and Patrick Sharp. The second unit featured Brent Seabrook, Nick Leddy, Patrick Kane, Dave Bolland and rookie Jimmy Hayes"

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/black...158&feedID=625
    About time hossa gets some 1st pp time. Kane owners probably not happy though.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Monster

Emery gets the start vs Philly.

Carcillo injury appears to be serious. As I stated in another thread, between injury and or suspension, Carcillo is done with the Hawks.

Andrew Shaw will draw in and appears to be headed righr for the top line.

Dobber Sports Monster

Carcillio suspended 7 games. Still waiting on word of severity of injury.

Dobber Sports Monster

Good write up on Shaw from Sassone.

http://dailyherald.com/article/20120...rts/701049619/

By Tim Sassone

With it looking as if Daniel Carcillo’s left-knee injury is serious enough where surgery is a possibility, compounded with the seven-game suspension he received on Wednesday night, the Blackhawks recalled feisty winger Andrew Shaw from Rockford.

Not only will the 20-year-old Shaw be in the lineup on Thursday against the Flyers in Philadelphia, he will skate on the first line with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp.
    Related articles
    Hawks’ return to Philly sure to be special

“It’s unbelievable,” Shaw said. “Watching Toews in the World Juniors (in 2007), he was one of my favorite players, and getting a chance to play with him is a dream come true.”

Shaw got the call that he was being brought up late Tuesday, the same day he signed a three-year, entry-level contract.

“I couldn’t stop shaking,” he said. “I signed the contract in the morning, then later I get the call. It was the most exciting day of my life.”

A fifth-round draft pick last June, Shaw is listed at 5-feet-10 and 180 pounds, but he plays bigger and doesn’t back down on the ice. He had 80 penalty minutes at Rockford to go with a nice offensive game.

He had an impressive training camp and even fought Carcillo in a scrimmage.

“That’s what they like from me, so why change my game?” Shaw said. “I’m just going to play my style of hockey and see how it goes. I like to play hard, play physical and get under the skin of the opponent.”

Coach Joel Quenneville was eager to see what Shaw can bring to the club.

“He was playing well down there and kind of gives us a little personality and is a comparable kind of player (to Carcillo),” Quenneville said.

“He’s one of those guys that can do a lot of things for us. He’s a smart player, he can score goals, and he plays hard. I’m sure we’ll enjoy his energy.”

Olsen also recalled:

Defenseman Dylan Olsen was recalled from Rockford with Andrew Shaw and also will be in the lineup against the Flyers, paired with Sean O’Donnell.

Olsen got the call when Steve Montador went on injured reserve retroactive to last Friday, meaning he could return Sunday against Detroit. Joel Quenneville said Montador’s upper-body injury isn’t serious.

Olsen was the Hawks’ No. 1 draft pick in 2009. But why bring him up when Sami Lepisto and John Scott are available to play?

“The depth of our organization is something we wanted to give it a try with Monty being out on the right side,” Joel Quenneville said. “(Olsen) played well in that position.”

The Hawks also placed center Marcus Kruger (concussion) on injured reserve.

Dobber Sports Monster

Hawks want another Winter Classic event. I'm sure it will happen again sooner rather than later. Hawks bring an exciting game and would be a great draw both in the stands and T.V. ratings.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blog/black...6&feedID=10334

Administrator

I'm just thinking out loud here but with Carcillo and Kruger going down they probably move John Scott up to forward, as they have in the past, and slot Olson in his spot on D.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Monster

Shaw cracks the NHL on the first line with Toews. He's the sandpaper, has similar game to Carcillo but not the antics. He better throw his muscle around soon and often. Olsen draws in with O'Donnell

Emery gets the start in goal.

Q will juggle around quite a bit as usual.

Hayes talks about his first game. http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/vide...=106&id=146896

Dobber Sports Monster

Jimmy Hayes scores 1-0 Hawks over Flyers early. Shaw fights with Rinaldo , got popped and cut pretty good! They've had their scraps in the past in OHL.