Page 88 of 99 FirstFirst ... 38 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1477

Thread: New York Rangers

The Great One

Default Re: New York Rangers

A little early to say something like that. Don’t jinx him!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

He looked good tonight. He’s been too good for too long. He’s for real.

Dobber Sports Initiate

How has Zibanejad looked? 2 pts so far, is he getting chances or is he not worth a look in a 1 yr points league?

Dobber Sports Stud

With the current state of the roster I don't think getting rid of the coach is in the long term interests of the team. Like or hate DQ he does know how to handle young hockey players. The Rangers roster has kids who still cannot order a drink. The rangers roster is among the youngest in the league. So I don't agree that the team should fire the coach.

As to Mika, I think his lack of preparation time, plus his engagement and getting covid have caught up to him. Now he's pushing and trying to do more. He is getting chances so I think he will eventually turn the corner... Another player really pushing is Trouba.

The team does not really have a true "leader" type in the Barry Beck, Dave Maloney, Mark Messier mold. I don't think McDonagh handled it very well either. Manhattan is a unique beast and it takes a special kind of person to master that kind of pressure. I believe that after addressing the lack of center depth the team needs a captain. Trouba and Zibanejad are not really the ideal candidates, nor is Kreider. Just my opinion...
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Listening to Callahan on Chiclets made me really wish one of those Rangers teams was able to win the Cup. Such a solid group. I still can't believe they lost to NJ that one year.

Dobber Sports Master

DQ pumping Georgiev's tires after the game... trying to give him confidence? Why doesn't he just ride Shesterkin....?!?!? The goals in the Islanders game were not his fault and his Sv% was still stellar. I can't take this carousel.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Watching them last night it's a wonder they win any games.

PP is a gong show with little to no structure and their 5 on 5 offense isn't much better. Lots of big names doing little.

I know they didn't have Panarin but man that must be frustrating for Ranger fans to watch.

Your goalies aren't your issue, your pathetic offense is. Bring back Deangelo. He has his issues but so does the PP without him running it. Weren't they something like the 7th best PP last season? This year, after checking, they are 27th in the league.

Fire that coach!!!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

The issue has been at pivot. Its been at center for some time now. Even back when they were very competitive it was a 1A/1B with Stepan & Brassard.
    There hasn't been a clear #1 until last season when Mika emerged. Then he got engaged, caught covid, missed camp and is fighting it badly.

The defense has improved and the goaltending has the problem of being compared to Henke which is unfair to say the least

The team does not really have an identity right now. Are they a skill team ? heavy team ?
    They also lack a true leader type.

Its only been a short time since they announced the rebuild

The best players are not really performing well
    Its only natural they are going to stink on some nights.
    Shut out by the Islanders and Bruins. Two very good defensive teams.

The tide is rising on broadway but its going to take awhile

Many of us old folk have suffered through so many drafts when the team failed to draft any pivots.

With Mika off his game and Chytil out its no surprise the team lacks scoring ability
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Stud

BTW DeAngelo went public with his "position"

you can read it over at the fishwrap aka NY Post

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/ex-ran...-in-interview/

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Watching them last night it's a wonder they win any games.

PP is a gong show with little to no structure and their 5 on 5 offense isn't much better. Lots of big names doing little.

I know they didn't have Panarin but man that must be frustrating for Ranger fans to watch.

Your goalies aren't your issue, your pathetic offense is. Bring back Deangelo. He has his issues but so does the PP without him running it. Weren't they something like the 7th best PP last season? This year, after checking, they are 27th in the league.

Fire that coach!!!
    Yes it is frustrating.
    54 years was beyond frustrating.
    By 94 the bandwagon had joined the old school hardcore folks, now thankfully many of them are gone.
    Then with 2K24 & AL13 many started assuming NY had turned the corner. They haven't.

Until the team has center depth things will remain frustrating

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    BTW DeAngelo went public with his "position"

you can read it over at the fishwrap aka NY Post

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/ex-ran...-in-interview/
    Pfffffffft hahahaha

Ok DeAngelo and your agent.......

If he was that good a person, he’d never have been waived, and unclaimed.. please... nhl teams can be stupid but not that stupid. I’m sure he’s a peach of a teammate and a wonderful and kind person whom everyone in that locker room loved so, so much.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Pfffffffft hahahaha

Ok DeAngelo and your agent.......

If he was that good a person, he’d never have been waived, and unclaimed.. please... nhl teams can be stupid but not that stupid. I’m sure he’s a peach of a teammate and a wonderful and kind person whom everyone in that locker room loved so, so much.
    Reap what ye sow & Karma is a bitch

Dobber Sports Star

Generally speaking, most people/players deserve some benefit of the doubt. Sometimes things are taken out of context or not received in the intended way if it is an isolated incident.

However, if the best you can come up with is 'it really wasnt that bad' or 'he isn't nice but didn't really cross a (subjective) line' on multiple occasions then the person is at least part of the problem. We hear about players sleeping around or with their teammate's WAGs. If you're performing the team may tolerate it. If you're not performing then the team doesn't really have a reason to keep you so they move on.

Noone is perfect. There are very few model citizens like Lundqvist, McDonagh and Callahan and etc. I don't even really know if they're great guys/leaders, I just perceive them to be. The perception is that TDA is the problem and there's enough evidence that is the case.

I don't think it'll cost him his pro-hockey career as I think at worst he can latch on in Europe/KHL. However, it likely has already cost him millions and possibly what was supposed to be a NHL spot for 10+ years. If he does get another shot, he better make the best of it.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

Any chance quinn keeps laffy on that topline after the win against the caps?? Crystal ball owners respond please :P

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Any chance quinn keeps laffy on that topline after the win against the caps?? Crystal ball owners respond please :P
    Is it still a top line if Panarin isn't there?