Page 16 of 99 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    just wondering if you have any news on how Tim Erixon has looked. I know he doesn't have any point's, but he is +2. Has he looked out of place? do you expect him to stay with the big club when Staal get's back?

Thanks
    Erixon has been great as of late. Del Zotto along with him are making a steady pairing despite being so young. In the Calgary game he was a monster and I find he's really coming along since his first game. I think he will stay as long as Torts doesn't prefer Eminger/Woywitka over him (which he shouldnt as they haven't been great).

One thing to keep note of is that the Rangers offered a contract to Anton Stralman. If he accepts, then the Rangers will have Girardi, Staal, Mcdonagh, Sauer, Del Zotto, Erixon, Stralman, Eminger and Woywitka. It's hard to say who would last, but it would likely be between Erixon, Del Zotto and Stralman for the #6 spot which is unfortunate.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I got the stress that Lundy isn't hurt but I watched the game for a bit and no work on Lundy. Curious to know if he was suited up on the bench as the backup or did they have someone else?
    Yes Lundy was the backup. I think they just needed to give a start for Biron so he doesn't get too cold when starting. But I also think the 'non-injury' played a part in it. I think just about 90% Lundy will get the nod in NY on Thursday against Toronto.

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks LR. I have been patently waiting to pick up Stralman. So you killed 2 birds with 1 stone for me. I'll be checking the NY wire all day...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Practice Notes

-Michael Sauer will return tomorrow for the Rangers opener. No word on if he will be paired up with McD like last season or if McD will continue to play on the top pairing.
    -Rupp had a maintenance day today. It is very likely that he will play tomorrow.
    -Brendan Bell as of yesterday was returned back to the Rangers AHL.
    -One thing I forgot to mention in the post-game notes was Artem Anisimov. He was playing fourth line duties by the end of the night. Keep an eye out on him as someone has to be the odd man out with all the talent in the top 6.
    -The answer to Marian Gaborik only playing 3:03 in the third against Winnipeg.
    -->Larry Brooks - The truth, as explained by the Rangers coach when queried well after the match had ended, is that Gaborik played only 3:03 on four shifts in the third because the Rangers spent so much time hemmed in their own end.
    That limited the opportunity to get the sniper ice because it was necessary to allot more time to checking-oriented players.
    -Woywitka appears to be the odd-man out.

Lines at Prac
    Fedotenko-Richards-Gaborik
    Dubi-Stepan-Cally
    Wolski-Boyle-Prust
    Newbury-Anisimov-Christensen

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the update. Can we assume that Lundy will be between the pipes?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Chili con Carne View Post
    Thanks for the update. Can we assume that Lundy will be between the pipes?
    Yes. Does not appear to be anything holding him back from that 'skate-issue' on Monday.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Leafs/Rangers Preview

Toronto Maple Leafs (5-2-1) @New York Rangers (3-2-2)

A battle of two original 6 teams occurs tonight at the newly renovated Madison Square Gardens. Jonas Gustavsson will make the start. He will look to avenge a 7-0 loss at the hands of the Rangers last January. A game in which Marian Gaborik had 4 goals and 1 assist. Coming into tonights game the Rangers are tied with the Isles for the least goals scored (only 14). Look for them to break out against one of the weaker teams defensively in the league. Henrik Lundqvist is back in between the pipes and carries a 9-4-4 career record against the leafs (2.54 G.A.A, .911 Save%)

Toronto Maple Leafs Lineup:
    PP% 15.4 (17th rank) PK% 75.0 (27th rank)

Forwards:
    Lupul - Connolly - Kessel
    MacArthur - Grabovski - Kulemin
    Lombardi - Bozak - Frattin
    Brown - Steckel - Rosehill

Defence:
    Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
    Gardiner - Schenn
    Liles - Komisarek

Goaltenders:
    Gustavsson
    Scrivens

Leafs Notes:

Toronto has recalled goalie Ben Scrivens to back up starter Jonas Gustavsson. They have sent Nazim Kadri down to the Marlies to make room for the Leafs off-season acquisition Tim Connolly. Bozak is expected to return after missing the last 2 games.

New York Rangers Lineup:
    PP% 10.7 (28th rank) PK% 86.5 (11th rank)

Forwards:
    Fedotenko - Richards - Gaborik
    Dubinsky - Stepan - Callahan
    Wolski - Boyle - Prust
    Newbury - Anisimov - Christensen

Defence:
    Girardi - McDonagh
    Eminger - Sauer
    Erixon - Del Zotto

Goaltenders:
    Lundqvist

Rangers Notes:

Still without there top defencemen Mark Staal, the Rangers get some added depth on defence as Michael Sauer will make his return. The Rangers lost 4-3 OT to Toronto in last years home opener, breaking a string of 4 straight home opening wins.
    1ST Quarter MVP All-Star Team

1 Year 16 Team Yahoo! Pts League

Crosby, Spezza, Malkin, Fleischmann, Moulson, Gaborik, Selanne, Kreicji, Huselius, PMB, Edler, Campbell, Kulikov, Larsson, Quick, Varly

Dobber Sports Superstar

Looks like Stepan is off the top-line for now. I wonder if Torts plans to cycle through the whole team?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Master

Last game against the Rangers (for the Leafs) was on my birthday: We lost 7-0

Looking forward to redemption! Good luck guys.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks to Art for filling in on the pre-game. I didn't get to see the game as I attended the Sabres game yesterday, would love if someone posted how the Rangers played yesterday. Thanks!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Pre-Game: Senators @ Rangers

Ottawa Senators (5-5-0) @ New York Rangers (3-3-2)
    3PM est on CBC and MSG

NYRangers.com Preview:
    The Rangers (3-3-2, 8 pts) look to rebound from a 4-2 loss in their Home Opener Thursday night to the Maple Leafs when they host the Ottawa Senators (5-5-0, 10 pts) Saturday afternoon at Madison Square Garden. Today's game is the second of six straight at home for the Bluehsirts, who received goals from Dan Girardi and Michael Del Zotto Thursday night. Ottawa has won four in a row---including a 4-3 victory over Florida Thursday, secured on Nick Foligno's goal with 2.5 seconds left to play---after having lost four of their first five games this season

New York Rangers News, Notes and the Lineup

News
    -The lines will likely be mixed and mashed by the first whistle of the night
    -We should expect Richards and Gaborik together by the third period.
    -Sean Avery scored his first goal of the season last night with an empty netter. He then fought. Zuccarrello has 5 pts in 3 games in his AHL stint. Hagelin has 6 in 8 and Bell has 3 assists in 3 games.

Ranger Notes
    -Sit in 30th in the NHL in GFPG
    -They average only 23.3 shots per game
    -The powerplay sits in 29th at 9.7%
    -NY has taken the most penalties
    --Gaborik has 13 pts career in 12 games against the Senators. He had 2 pts in 3 games against them last season (0G3A)
    --Callahan as 2G2A in 12 games against Ottawa. 1A in 4 games last season.
    --Richards is at 11G11A in 31 games.
    --Dubinsky has 6G1A in 16 games against the Sens
    ---Couldn't find anyone with exceptional numbers.

Andrew Gross Projected Lines

Wolski-Christensen-Gaborik
    Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan
    Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust
    Anisimov-Stepan-Newbury

Mcdonagh-Girardi
    Del Zotto-Sauer
    Erixon-Eminger

Lundqvist to start

Rupp and Woywitka are the scratches. Rupp is DTD.

Senators Notes

-Sens sit in second place in powerplay goals.
    -Ottawa averages 2.9 goals per game
    -28th in penalties
    -Alex Auld is out with an undisclosed injury. Lehner was recalled on emergency. Butler is still out.

Senators Projected Lines
    -These were the lines out of the gate last game:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
    Alfredsson-Da Costa-Foligno
    Neil-Smith-Daugavins
    Condra-Kenopka-Smith

Anderson will get the start

No word on the scratches. Too many writers drinking beers in Ottawa.
    Last edited by littleranger; October 29, 2011 at 2:38 PM. Reason: New Lines!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Some News and Notes

A few notes from Saturdays game...

-I feel as though Dubinsky played his best game of the year. On both ends of the ice he was hitting well and making the smart play. Seems to be turning a corner after the struggling start.
    -Erixon only played 7:43. I didn't see the game against Toronto but apparently he didnt look good at all. He'll be playing in the AHL and I have a feeling he will be the first call back if an injury occurs.
    -Anisimov only played 11:50. He is practicing today (neck) after that Konopka hit. He hasn't been a factor at all this season.
    -One play really stood out to me in regards to Marian Gaborik. In the overtime, the puck was in the corner in the offensive zone and he let up instead of going for the puck. Hard to see a guy break 80 points who does that...even with his talent. Also, they still can't find him the right linemates.
    -Richards is off to a strong start with 8 points in 9 games. He went 11 for 17 last game and looked to be very competitive all night. Looking forward to see what he can do when the team can get some secondary scoring in. He played with Dubinsky and Callahan for the most part.
    -My take on the Wolski hit: He didn't get suspended but to me it looked a little intentional. He isn't known to be a dirty player but I'm sure he's frustrated with the injuries after a strong preseason. Bad luck for the Sens...
    -Del Zotto was a plus-one but didn't look that great. Young guys will have those nights.

Other notes...

-New York has put Mr. Avery through re-entry waivers. If he clears, he will be able to play on Thursday.
    -The Rangers have also recalled Andre Deveaux. They sent down Erixon and Newbury to make space.
    -The Blueshirts have been looking around to figure out what to do about a defenseman. Stralman was offered a contract but its been about a week and no updates.

I will post a pre-game note with the lines and some stats later in the day. Biron will get the start.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Post-Game: 2 Sharks @ 5 Rangers

Here are some post game notes on the New York Rangers...

The best game of the season for the Rangers...no question about it.

-Callahan played a fantastic game. Scored an absolute beauty displaying the hard work and drive he puts into every shift. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aef5WQzhvU
    -Guys, pick up Michael Del Zotto. How much more PP time does he need?
    -Dubinsky played a pretty good game with Richards and Cally. Seems like that line is going to stick.
    -Anisimov, Deveaux and Christensen made up the 4th line. Deveaux played so well that Torts had him on the powerplay at the end of the game as a reward. Hard to think he'll be in the lineup next game over Sean Avery though (unless hes claimed, of course).
    -Wolski picked up 7 shots today. I think hes about to get his season started. He played 15:45 and if he keeps playing like this his time will keep going up. He played some big time with Gabs and Step.
    -Eminger looked absolutely horrendous on the shift that Pavelski scores. Hes out there for one shift against the big line and gets scored on.
    -Powerplay appeared to be: Gabs, Step, Christensen/Wolski on one and Richards, Cally, Dubi on the other. Del Zotto played for the most part on the point at 6:07, Girardi was 2nd in D PPTOI with 4:40.
    -Biron wasn't tested too much. Not sure why he started but he has solid career numbers against the Sharks despite the losing record.

A couple of Sharks notes...
    -Torts was pissed about a Brian Boyle high-stick call on Tommy Wingels. He claimed Wingels faked getting hit in the face. #gutless
    -At the end of the game, Marleau was on a line with Pavelski and Clowe.
    Last edited by littleranger; October 31, 2011 at 10:55 PM.

Banned

happy to see Cally break out with a 2G 1A game, its been too long coming...he and the rest of the Rangers have looked really flat to date so its nice to see them generate some energy

Dobber Sports Stud

Pure speculation but any chance that Lundy might be nursing some soreness from his "equipment malfuncation"? Two stinkers immediately following and the Biron comes in?

Again, pure speculation but am glad I picked up Biron.