Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Pre-Game Notes: Rangers @ Canucks

New York Rangers (0-1-2) @ Vancouver Canucks (2-2-1)

NYRangers.com Game Preview...
    The Rangers (0-1-2, 2 pts) look for their first win of the season Tuesday night when they skate against the defending Western Conference champion Vancouver Canucks (2-2-1, 5 pts) at Rogers Arena. Tonight's game is the lone meeting between these two teams this season. Last January 13 Henrik Lundqvist stopped all 31 shots he faced, and Wojtek Wolski scored the only goal, as the Blueshirts blanked the Canucks 1-0 at MSG in their only meeting of the 2010-11 campaign. Brad Richards enters the game having recorded one point in each game this season, while Marian Gaborik has two goals in three games. Gord Miller - NY last won here in '97, Wayne Gretzky scored a hat trick and Mark Messier played for Vancouver.

New York Rangers Notes

-The Rangers will again be without the services of forward Wojtek Wolski and defenseman Michael Sauer. Also, I have not seen or heard any updates on Marc Staal recently.
    -Kris Newbury will be making his NHL season debut tonight. He had 8 points (4G4A) in 4 games in the AHL before the callup.
    -Brad Richards has a 3 game point streak (1+2) so far as a Ranger.
    -The Rangers have LESS goals than Phil Kessel this year.
    -New York has not scored a powerplay goal yet this season. The only other team to do this is Winnipeg who has not scored one in 15 years.
    -New York beat the Canucks 1-0 last year at a game at MSG (only meeting).
    -NY currently leads the league in faceoff % at 57.3%. Richards is at 80%...meet Manny.
    -Richards is 2 assists away from 500 in his career.

NY Rangers Lineup
    Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
    Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
    Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust
    Christensen-Newbury-Rupp

Mcdonagh-Girardi
    Del Zotto-Erixon
    Woywitka-Eminger

Lundqvist
    Biron

-----------------------------------------------

Vancouver Canucks Notes
    -Rome and Raymond will not be playing this evening.
    -Henrik and Daniel Sedin both have begun the season where they left off last season with 7 pts in 5 games.
    -Ryan Kesler will make his regular season debut. This will bump Samuelsson to the third line.
    -The opponents have scored first against the Canucks in 4 out of the first 5 games (1-2-1)
    -The Canucks have outscored the opposition 5-0 in the third period this season. In the third they have outshot the opponent 58-26.
    -Dale Weise will face his former team for the first time. Higgins, Malhotra and Samuelsson will also be playing their former team.
    -Henrik Sedin is one point away from passing Stan Smyl for third most points as a Canuck.

Vancouver Canucks Lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
    Higgins-Kesler-Hodgson
    Hansen-Malhotra-Samuelsson
    Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Edler
    Ballard-Bieksa
    Alberts-Salo

Luongo
    Schneider

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////

RIP Derek and Rick
    -----------------------------------------------
    Next Ranger game is Thursday in Calgary.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Post Game: 4 Rangers @ 0 Canucks

Here are some post game notes on the New York Rangers...

-The story of the night was Henrik Lundqvist. Played an outstanding game and basically helped steal two points for the Blueshirts. Fashionable fedora post game.
    -I still feel Dubinsky is grippin the stick a little too tight as hes still running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Hes doing well if you have him in a PM league though. Maybe adjusting to the new hitting rules?
    -An amazing effort by the Rangers PK. The team had 23 blocked shots last night. Not including the 40 Henrik stopped.
    -Mcdonaghs offense is coming in. Perhaps he can become a threat for 30 points this season. Still no PP time though.
    -The Rangers PP changed just about every unit. Still seems like Torts is going to stop this roulette wheel when they eventually score one on the PP.
    -Prust was in the doghouse most of the night after a holding the stick call. Just an off-night.
    -The Rangers had FOUR offensive zone penalties. If Lundy wasn't on his game and it wasn't Keslers first game back, uhoh.
    -Del Zotto again impressed me. Played a great game aside from Edler spinning him inside out.
    -Stepan played some shifts with Gabby and Richards and others with Christensen and Rupp. Still played 20 minutes.
    -Tim Erixon had a bunch of PP time. But again, they didn't score on the PP so I wouldnt read too much into it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Pre-Game Notes: NY Rangers @ Calgary Flames

New York Rangers (1-1-2) @ Calgary Flames (2-3-0)

Here is the game preview from NYRangers.com...

Thursday night in Calgary the Rangers (1-1-2, 4 pts) face off with the Flames (2-3-0) at Scotiabank Saddledome. Both teams are coming off victories on Tuesday---the Rangers blanking Vancouver 4-0 and the Flames edging Edmonton 2-1. Rugged Rangers winger Brandon Prust, who had a pair of assists Tuesday, will skate in Calgary for the first time since the Flames traded him to the Blueshirts late during the 2009-10 season. Last year the two teams met once, with Martin Biron backstopping a 2-1 win at The Garden for the Rangers on November 22nd. Biron made 31 saves that night.

Here are some notes on the New York Rangers...

-Michael Sauer is slowly improving, will not be playing this evening. The same goes for Wolski.
    -Tim Erixon will make his first appearance against the Flames after refusing to sign to them. Should expect the boo birds in full force. Will be a true test for the young man. Prust also makes his return to Calgary for the first time.
    -Lundqvist will be playing tonight. Biron started last year against the Flames.
    -The Rangers are 1-0-0 when scoring the first goal of the game. The Flames are 0-3-0. Could be the key of the game.
    -The Rangers have not scored a goal on the powerplay this season.
    -New York has 27 penalties in 4 games. Thats 1st in the NHL for most penalties. Cannot win games taking this many penalties.
    -Still no word on Mr. Staal.
    -Dan Girardi leads the NHL in ice time per game.
    -Richards is 1 assist away from 500 assists.

Career against the Flames
    -Richards 8+10 in 16
    -Gaborik 13+22 in 42
    -Callahan has 0 pts in 4 games with 14 hits
    -Dubinsky has 1 assist in 4 games.

Rangers Lines
    Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
    Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust
    Christensen-Newbury-Rupp

Mcdonagh-Girardi
    Erixon-Del Zotto
    Woywitka-Eminger

Lundqvist
    Biron

Scratches Bell, Wolski, Sauer and Staal

Here are some notes on the Calgary Flames

-Rene Bourque will be playing his 400th game in the NHL. His name has been all over the trade rumor sites.
    -Jay Bouwmeester holds the NHL ironman streak. 511 games straight.
    -13 Flames in the lineup tonight were from trades. Only 2 from the draft.
    -Calgary is 5-1-3-1 in the last 10 games against NYR at the Saddledome
    Flames against NYR
    -Iginla 11+7 in 17 games
    -Tanguay 8+3 in 16 games.
    -Olli Cokinen 7+7 in 35 with a minus 14 rating.

Flames Lines
    Tanguay - Moss - Iginla
    Glencross - Jokinen - Stempniak
    Hagman - Morrison - Bourque
    Leblond - Stajan - Jackman

Butler - Bouwmeester
    Giordano - Hannan
    Smith - Sarich

Karlsson
    Kipper

-----------------------------------

Next Ranger game is on Saturday at 10est against the Oilers. Join me on cbc.ca tomorrow at 3est to chat Rangers and Oilers!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Some 'News' on Staal

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...Lxv7lBrEmgHbbI

A great piece by Larry Brooks on the Rangers defenseman and a potential trade target.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Pre-Game Notes: Rangers @ Oilers

Tonight's game preview courtesy of NYRangers.com:

After a 4-0 shutout win in Vancouver Tuesday and a dramatic last-second 3-2 overtime win in Calgary Thursday, the Rangers (2-1-2, 6 pts) look for their third straight victory out west Saturday when they face the Edmonton Oilers (2-2-2, 6 pts) at Rexall Place. Brad Richards enters the game with one point in all five contests this year, while Marian Gaborik has four goals in five games, and Brandon Prust is 2-2-4 in his last three contests. Edmonton, which has lost two in a row, is led behind the bench by former Rangers' head coach Tom Renney. Last year the Blueshirts rocked the Oilers 8-2 on November 14th at MSG behind a Gaborik hat trick.

NY Rangers Notes and Lines

-Still no word on Staal. Wolski and Sauer look to be out for this evening. Both could return on Monday in Winnipeg.
    -Bell likely drawing in for Woywitka. Being used for his "speed and quickness" according to the coach.
    -The PP will again likely consist of DZ/Richards on the points and Cally, Stepan and Gaborik up front. The PP is ranked 29th with a 5.6% success rate.
    -NY's discipline problems are still an issue giving up 5 PPs last game. They are 30th in the NHL in penalties (for most)
    -Del Zotto leads the team with a plus four rating. The offense will come!
    -NY is 2-0-0 when scoring first. They have been outshot EVERY game.

Rangers career #s against Oilers
    -Gaborik is nearly ppg in 45 games against the Oilers. He has 21 goals and had a 4pt performance last season against the Oil.
    -Callahan has 1 goal and 2 assists in 3 games.
    -Richards has 17 pts in 17 games against the Oilers. Had 1A in 3 games last year against them while on Dallas. He has registered a point in every game as Ranger.
    -Lundqvist is 1-0-2 with a 2.54GAA against Edmonton is his career.

Rangers Projected Lines
    Stepan-Richards-Gaborik
    Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust
    Christensen-Newbury-Rupp

Mcdonagh-Girardi
    Erixon-Del Zotto
    Bell-Eminger

Lundqvist will get the start.

--Zuccarello had 2g1a in his first game this year for the Whale

Edmonton Oilers Notes

-Nugent Hopkins WILL play tonight. Gagner will make his season debut tonight.
    -The Oilers are struggling in the goal department so far with 1.67GPG.
    -On the contrary, they have only allowed 10 goals in 6 games. Just stellar for such a young group.
    -Shawn Horcoff sits in 5th in the NHL in faceoff wins. The Rangers have been doing really well in the circle so this will be a true test.
    -Corey Potter will play his old team for the first time.
    -Khabibulin will be the starter tonight. He is 9-11-1-1 against NY with a 2.63GAA.

Edmonton Oilers Lines

Hall-RNH-Eberle,
    Smyth-Horcoff-Jones,
    Paajarvi-Belanger-Gagner,
    Eager-Lander-Petrell

Whitney-Potter,
    Smid-Gilbert,
    Barker-Sutton

Khabibulin

---------------------

Next Rangers game is on Monday in Winnipeg.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Note on Wojtek Wolski

John Tortorella says that Wolski is fully recovered but will be a scratch tonight. Heres a quote from the coach:

We know (Wojtek Wolski) is a guy that has scored 60 points in this league and eventually we have to try and get that out of him. But right as we win a couple of games, that situation with the fourth line I am going to keep the same tonight.

Dobber Sports Stud

Any insight into the lack of scoring by the Rangers? Bad PP, 15 shots against Edmonton through 2.5 periods?

What's missing? Hangover from Europe?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think a little bit has to go to Richards getting familiar with the team and it always takes a little while for a new guy to fit in on the PP, especially when Richards is the key cog to it. Another thing is the ability to get the puck from the defensive zone to offensive zone in a quick and smooth transition. That hasnt really been happening and won't until Sauer or Staal are back.

Europe could play a role of course. Lots of factors are contributing to this I dont think its just one reason. Secondary scoring isn't coming at all from the Callahan line as every game they've had Dubi/Cally/Arty (aside from tn) lined up against the other teams top line so its been more of a defensive game for them. And then after that you can't really expect Boyle/Prust/Fedotenko/etc. to put up 50 pts.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully Richards gels shortly.

Now about Lundy.........

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just a cramp thankfully!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Post Game Thoughts and Junior Stats

Well 2 posts up really sums up what happened tonight. The struggles offensively continue. It will eventually come, there is just TOO much talent to keep it from clicking.

Also, it turns out Lundys problem was just a skate issue. No word on who will start on Monday against the Jets.

Zuccarello has 4 pts in 2 games in the AHL after scoring the game winner last night for the Whale.

I believe Wolski will play tomorrow. Torts said he didn't want to mess up the chemistry in the lineup for last night - well last night they had no chemistry so you've got to put the former 60 pt guy in the lineup.

Kreider had a night to forget last night for BC...4 minor penalties! Did pick up an assist and 7 shots though.

Christian Thomas was a -4 last night with an assist. Also a night to forget. He is picking it up offensively though with 6 points in 4 games. I asked RossyYoungblood about him and he said he saw one game against Oshawa and he was invisible.

JT Miller has 4 points in his last 5 games for the Whalers. Not as offensive as I expected him to be, but it is his rookie season in the O.

Haven't seen any WHL so I cant comment on how Mcilrath has been playing. Hes at 3 pts and 18 pims this year in the W. I'm hoping the Rangers take there time on this guy. Could use a big tough shutdown d-man.

Fasth is tied in 2nd in the SEL in points! 1st in assists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Pre-Game: NY Rangers @ Winnipeg Jets

NyRangers.com Preview:
    The Rangers (2-2-2, 6 pts) close out their season-opening seven-game road trip tonight when they skate against the Winnipeg Jets (2-4-1, 5 pts) at MTS Centre. Looking to rebound from a disappointing 2-0 loss in Edmonton Saturday, the Rangers face the former Atlanta Thrashers---against whom they won only one of four games last season. The Jets are coming off a 5-3 home-ice win over Carolina Saturday, but have still allowed nine more goals than they have scored so far this year (25-16). Tonight's game is the Rangers first in Winnipeg since they faced the old Jets team back on November 17, 1995.

Busy day, so I'll just sum up some things to look for tonight:

-Wolski and Woywitka will draw IN tonight. Christensen is OUT as well as Brendan Bell.
    -Biron will get the start over Lundy. Torts is stressing that its just a normal start, Lundy is NOT hurt!
    -Sauer will not play this evening. Staal of course, is not as well.
    -No word on what the lines are tonight (with the addition of Wolski). He might just take Christys spot on the 4th line.

Let's Go Rangers!

Dobber Sports Veteran

I can pretty much post the exact same game review as the last one. The offense was NOT there again! They were being outplayed in all ways possible aside from goaltending. A team can't rely on lucky bounces every night of the week.

The turning point was when the Jets had a bunch of pressure in the Ranger end (2 mins in the Rangers zone 5 on 5!) and then Fedotenko brings in to the other end and draws a penalty.

The lines were pretty scrambled all game but one interesting development was a line of Wolski-Dubinsky-Callahan. Wolski played 15:07 in his return. That's pretty good considering that he was a 'healthy scratch' last game.

Everyone should keep a note on Rsulan Fedotenko. Played quite a bit with Richards and Gaborik towards the end of the night. Ruslan played with Richards back in Tampa a few years back while Torts was the coach. Stepan stilled played 18:24.

Rupp only played 4:39. Could see Christensen drawing in for him on Thursday.

Del Zotto lead the team in PP time. At the beginning of the year I was worried he would be sent down, but now, he's played #3/#4 minutes and hes doing a great job. Could see a big-time bounce back year. I would pick him up in all formats. Only 5% owned on Yahoo!

Dubinsky is still struggling offensively as well as not playing that great defensively. He is a plus-two, but hes still not really all over the ice like he was last season. I cant see this continuing. Hopefully the NY crowd gets him going on Thursday!

Prust and Callahan are playing great. If only some guys had the heart they did.

Richards and Gaborik - offense is missing. Chemistry still not 100% there. Didn't factor in todays game at all it seemed. Gaborik only played 3 minutes in the 3rd...uhoh.
    Last edited by littleranger; October 25, 2011 at 12:18 AM.

Dobber Sports Sage

just wondering if you have any news on how Tim Erixon has looked. I know he doesn't have any point's, but he is +2. Has he looked out of place? do you expect him to stay with the big club when Staal get's back?

Thanks
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Magnificent One

I got the stress that Lundy isn't hurt but I watched the game for a bit and no work on Lundy. Curious to know if he was suited up on the bench as the backup or did they have someone else?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi