Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kadri will be a healthy scratch tonight so set your lineups accordingly!! This is needed for once I agree with something that Wilson is doing someone needs to put a fire under this kids ass!! All skill no heart!

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree that Wilson has to go, hes a horrible coach, just doesnt know how to do this whole rebuilding thing
    Burke i think he can stay he has only added good pieces, i know we lost Sequin, and another top pick but I'm still not entirely against the deal
    Burke needs to something else soon though, and for a start lose kommy or Ledba, so we can leave Aulie up indefinetly
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Administrator

I laughed out loud when TSN announced that Komisarek was signing in Toronto. I saw how much he had become damaged goods and knew my team was better served looking elsewhere. Ever since that one great season next to Markov it's been nothing but injuries (especially that shoulder... ouch) and poor play.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm seriously starting to believe that Burke is a die hard Bruins fan.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    I'm seriously starting to believe that Burke is a die hard Bruins fan.
    LOL yeah well that was just one bad deal and an attempt to make a big splash with his 1st real act as GM Kessel will be fine and I understand the theory I just still think that 2 1st are too much. I will be honest if it was just the one 1st and it was Seguin I wouldn't be upset at all.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Looking forward to seeing ATL this is the 1st game I have been able to see them and I think the Leafs are going to playthem hard with Mac and Armstrong playing they are very much liked in the Leafs locker room!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing ATL this is the 1st game I have been able to see them and I think the Leafs are going to playthem hard with Mac and Armstrong playing they are very much liked in the Leafs locker room!
    I think you'll be impressed with what you see from the Thrashers. They play like they have nothing to lose (they really don't, it's Atlanta after all...). They are very difficult to play against because they just don't give up. Maybe not a perfect comparison but in some ways they remind me of the Avalanche last year. They'll make mistakes but they have a solid goalie and they'll stick to their gameplan all the way.

Dobber Sports Wizard

They want to play Lebda on the wing rather than Kadri. They don't have a top center. They play Kessel's line the most even though it doesn't score.
    Because of the Kessel deal Burke has to make the playoffs this year. Yet he does nothing about it. Take Rolston off waivers, if it doesn't work drop him. He should be desperate and yet all they keep telling us us that Bozak is a top center He doesn't play like one or get points like one, but he is one.
    We should be signing Nabokov. We should be in hail mary mode, we are going to finnish bottom 5 two years in a row and have Kessel to show for it. I don't see how he sleeps at night frankly. We have no one we can trade away for a first exept maybe Kaberle, but it will be a late round first at best.

JFJ dug a hole and Burke thinks the only way out is dig it deeper. It's frankly depressing. No playoffs for 6 years and mayne another 3 if if we get lucky with the free agent market.

I'm at my wits end. I'm tired of band aid solutions. We can't even start a rebuild without picks so we should be competing now. Since we're not we need to do something about it. More than just an add campain.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree that this is a horrible idea but watch him have a multi point night?? hate it! but what it does say is that they realize that they have too much talent on D for him to be playing there!

Brett Lebda will play forward for Toronto on Monday night against Atlanta.
    He will line up as a left winger with John Mitchell and Colton Orr on the fourth line, as Nazem Kadri will remain out of the lineup as a healthy scratch. "We like his speed and if we need to use him on the back end, he's also available for that too," coach Ron Wilson said. "Maybe he can play a little bit on the point on the power play as well. He struggled a little bit on the back end and with our defense being healthy, it's a chance to keep him in the lineup." Lebda saw action as a forward last season for Detroit as well, so this isn't uncharted territory for him.

Source: Toronto Star
    Related: Nazem Kadri

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well its confirmed I dont like Lebda up front at all! Versteeg continues to look good on the ice and is FINALLY getting consistant top line minutes. I think if we could get a guy to centre Versteeg and Kessel that it could be a decent line. The Monster looks horrific tonight! I just dont get it but man he looks bad....

As a Leafs fan I am lost what to do????

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Kessel for Taylor Hall (we would've finished last without Kessel last year) AND Sean Couturier/Adam Larsson....

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffff ME!

Dobber Sports Veteran

One bright spot for the Leafs this year has been the consistant play of Grabo I have been very impressed and for you 30 something guys he reminds me much of Berizin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Grabo is in a contract year. Not a good situation for the leafs at all. If we keep him then it's going to cost us some more $$$. I can't see Burke keeping him if he asks for too much coin (which he will)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Grabo is in a contract year. Not a good situation for the leafs at all. If we keep him then it's going to cost us some more $$$. I can't see Burke keeping him if he asks for too much coin (which he will)
    And so he should he is been there best player if Burke was smart I would try to resign him right now!!! But likley Grabo wont go for it.

We are not looking good and we need to clean house in management and coaching IMO a change is needed. Why not bring in Messier the retired players seem to get it Nieuyndyk and Steve Y have done good so far??

Whatever it is changes HAVE TO BE MADE!!

Administrator

Do you guys do game reports? I heard the waffles had a lot of ice time tonight. Any comment about that?

Just kidding. You guys are doing great with this active section. Keep it up!