Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Luke Schenn played over 27 minutes in last night's 5-4 win over Atlanta.

Burkes buddy Mike Komisarek played 8:49 minutes. I can't believe how much I hated this signing when it happened and now I want to tear off his ****in head. Terrible, terrible, terrible signing.
    Good stat to bring up. It totally sums up the Habs fan's perspective when Komi signed with the Leafs. He was damaged goods back then because of the serious shoulder injury, broken confidence and bruised ego (after getting beat up by Lucic). He might bounce back, but he's in year two of his mega contract and hasn't done much to justify the term or money. Hope it works out in the end for the team though... with this much misfortune there has to be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Luke Schenn is the first prospect I have ever actually seen blossom in a leaf jersey. Love watching the kid, he is only getting better. Also nice to see Dion get his first goal on home ice last night, thats a big weight of his shoulders. Hopefully we can keep it going tonight against the islanders

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Luke Schenn is the first prospect I have ever actually seen blossom in a leaf jersey. Love watching the kid, he is only getting better. Also nice to see Dion get his first goal on home ice last night, thats a big weight of his shoulders. Hopefully we can keep it going tonight against the islanders
    Yeah Schenn is looking better as the season goes on and I still think that he is going to develop into a 35 point player over time.

As for Kommy he has to go, he is not built for this game he is slow and just cant keep up he is like Pronger (without all the talent )

I didnt like the break up of the Mac-Grab-Kul line but they still all put up points I really think that the glue for the line Mac he is pure hustle and is always buzzing around the ice! Kessel just looks uninterested he is a coaster just floating around the ice waiting for someone to get the puck for him! He is not going to pan out unless he gets his head out of his ass.

I still think that part of Kessel's problem is Wilson and I think that team in general would player better under someone else. But that has yet to be seen and I still have doubts that we will see it. Maybe in the off-season Wilson will get canned but I think for sure we are stuck with him for the rest of the year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Interesting comments from the coach....from rotoworld.com

Phil Kessel was shifted to a line with Mikhail Grabovski and Nikolai Kulemin during Monday's win over Atlanta.
    However, the move failed to end his goal scoring drought, which currently stands at 11 games. Kessel finished the game with a plus-2 rating and three shots in nearly 18 minutes of ice time if you are looking for a silver-lining. Clarke MacArthur was placed on another trio with Tyler Bozak and Kris Versteeg as a result of the line change. "I had it ready, we talked about it before the game," coach Ron Wilson said. "Those units were set up for the power play, but those players didn't know (the lines would change). I watched every goal (Kessel) scored in Boston and he usually did it playing with two lefties (Marc Savard and Milan Lucic). So I gave Phil a chance with lefties on the ice (Grabovski and Kulemin) and I thought Bozak would be perfect for Clarke MacArthur, a righty passing to a lefty."
    Related: Clarke MacArthur, Nikolai Kulemin, Mikhail Grabovski
    Source: Toronto Star

Dobber Sports Stud

Interesting article about Kessel in Toronto
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/...sel-is-wasted/
    burke on Kessel
    http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col.../17189226.html

Reimer is set to face Poulin in this battle of young netminders

one thing I am happy about is that roloson isnt wearing a NYI jersey anymore, thank god we may be able to beat them now

game should be tight, I'm gunna go with my team and leafs win 4-2

post game thoughts will be posted after the game

LETS GO LEAFS
    *please kessel score*
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Very pleased again with the game tonight.

Reimer looked good tonight not great but solid. He made a great glove save when it counted and he shows that he can bounce back from a tough game last game and I hope that he gets the next start. For whatever reason the team just plays better defensivley infront of him. Not sure if thats becuase they try harder becuase they feel he needs it or that there is just a calming factor that Reimer gives them.

I still dont like the split up of the Mac-Grab-Kul line I am not sure what we are continuing to mess with the chemistry that they have when its doing nothing for Phil Kessel! He is not going to score unless he starts to hustle and play no matter who he plays with.

Kabby has looked great the last two games and he has 34 points still as he leads the teams in assists. It sounds more and more like he wants to stay in Toronto and if he wants to stay then fine but lets get him signed long term and for a reasonable price.

Anyhow another solid game and great win which is one that they should have won!!

Also way to go Boyce three points tonight!

Go Leafs Go!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How is Ron Wilson suppose to get fired if the Leafs keep winning.....Bitter sweet victory I guess

Dobber Sports Stud

Post Game Toronto wins 5-3 over Poulin less Isles
    I'd like to add a few notes
    Versteeg, and Versteeg line looked really good out there tonight, making plays, and buzzing all night, Versteeg particularly. Though he has the tendency to hold onto the puck for too long, and lose a chance to score, or make a really good play, I love his ability to slow the play down with his stick handling but somtimes I'd like to see him actually take the first chance to shoot.
    Reimer like JD said played good, nothing amazing but good enough to earn, and deserve the win
    Kessel although he did float quite a bit, he still played a good game, and showed great hustle on the Kulemin goal, knocking the D onto the ice, and deking around the other sprawling Islander to feed Kulemin the disc.
    Kaberle, and Schenn are definetly are two best D, by a very wide margin, Schenn having another spectacular game garnering a assist while going +3 in 21 minutes of ice time, but its amazing how much you don't notice him out there
    Lebda surprisingly wasn't a minus, and turned out to be +2 in 11minutes of ice time

also congrats to Boyce for his offensive outburst scoring 3 assists

Injury Notes
    Poulin, left game with injured left leg, I believe it was the knee
    Referee left game with injury unkown to me
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Pro

I wish we could play against emergency call-up goalies every night.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    I wish we could play against emergency call-up goalies every night.
    same! at one point in his career he was two shots against, and two goals against lol
    but sadly he was finally able to make a save, lmfao, he actually played really solid in the end of the 1st, the 2nd period, 3rd he faltered a bit but hey i think the leafs deserved that
    Starting Roster:
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    How is Ron Wilson suppose to get fired if the Leafs keep winning.....Bitter sweet victory I guess
    Yeah its quite an issue still though I think he has to go its not like they are even a .500 club.

Dobber Sports Guru

leafs deal

AnaheimDucks Anaheim Ducks by Real_ESPNLeBrun
    #NHLDucks acquire D Francois Beauchemin from @MapleLeafs for RW Joffrey Lupul, D Jake Gardiner and a conditional 2013 draft pick.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    leafs deal

AnaheimDucks Anaheim Ducks by Real_ESPNLeBrun
    #NHLDucks acquire D Francois Beauchemin from @MapleLeafs for RW Joffrey Lupul, D Jake Gardiner and a conditional 2013 draft pick.
    Just read and what a great deal for the Leafs another solid trade by Burke! Lupul is going to get great ice time in Toronto and this makes room to bring up Keith Aulie (If we get Lebda out of the lineup) I am thinking this is going to do wonders for Phaneufs game as it will finally get him away from Beauh.

So we traded a aging vet D-Man who has never panned out for us and get a younger potential top line player as well as a good defensive prospect and a pick!!!

Great Job Burke!!

This will only hurt Crabb I think as he will be the odd man out I think and again this is good news for Aulie who will hopefully be called up and relied upon as a regular!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Looks like something could be going on with Gustavsson today. He was 4 for 4 in the 1st period and was pulled...
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    Looks like something could be going on with Gustavsson today. He was 4 for 4 in the 1st period and was pulled...
    From twitter on Gustavsson:

simmonssteve steve simmons by wyshynski
    Beauchemin gone to Anaheim - expect a Gustavsson move of some kind later today. Burke press conf at 4 to explain it all.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".