Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quick update after the first period...

Reimer has looked very solid despite being down 2 goals he has had two huge saves on breakaways. The first goal Schenn was reaching instead of taking his man and on the second goal all the Leafs were looking in one direction as puck sat free at the side of the net.

The Leafs look really tired and I hope that they come out with more jump in the second.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Leafs have lost Armstrong for the game looks like another finger injury and looked harmless on the ice but sounds like it could be something serious I will post when I have more....

EDIT: Armstorng just came back on the ice!
    Last edited by JD88; January 25, 2011 at 9:42 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

warwalker

Kerry Fraser wanted to wish Gretzky a happy 50th today but claims he was blocked out. “No matter” says Fraser, “I gave him his gift in ’93″

Needed somewhere to vent this.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Veteran

My Boy Kessel was the last pick.....but he won a car for it

Dobber Sports Veteran

300 + NHL players voted and in poll for different topics and one of those was "which coach would you least like to play for" with a wooping 21% (The highest) was none other than Ron Wilson and do I need to say more?? How about doesn't stand behind his team, his players how about cock prick that's never wrong and never takes blame, how about all bad qualities of a quality coach...get the hint Burke!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    300 + NHL players voted and in poll for different topics and one of those was "which coach would you least like to play for" with a wooping 21% (The highest) was none other than Ron Wilson and do I need to say more?? How about doesn't stand behind his team, his players how about cock prick that's never wrong and never takes blame, how about all bad qualities of a quality coach...get the hint Burke!
    Although the vote results are skewed because of the amount of air time the Leafs get and how much discussion time they get on every hockey show, I think 21% is telling. In a sense I'm glad the Burke/Wilson duo is in Toronto because the media has helped expose their weaknesses since day one.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree that Wilson has always shown himself and I havent liked him since the get go but I am still a fan of Burke and still believe in his capabilites. That said if he doesnt get anything done at the deadline to help the team long term than my opinion on him will start changing as well he needs to take less than market value for some of these vets and clean house of the old guys IMO.

Administrator

I agree that Wilson has always shown himself and I havent liked him since the get go but I am still a fan of Burke and still believe in his capabilites. That said if he doesnt get anything done at the deadline to help the team long term than my opinion on him will start changing as well he needs to take less than market value for some of these vets and clean house of the old guys IMO.
    The short-term built-through-free-agency mold is tough to execute because it's tough to get high-priced free agents to over-achieve. And in the cap world eveyrthing is about getting the best bang for the buck. They need to move some overpriced vets because they have a lot of money tied up and as we've seen they haven't had much return on investment.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Yeah I agree with you JD88, Wilson has over stayed his welcome and he needs to go at the end of the season. I am still prepared to give Burke another year before I pass judgement as this is only his second full season and this will be his third off-season this summer. Next season I will be judging and judging harshly.

Dobber Sports Guru

Also just read this on twitter:

SportsnetSpec Mark Spector Sports by RogersSportsnet
    Told by an NHL exec this morning that Brian Burke was "ballistic" over NHLPA poll results. "Furious."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Also just read this on twitter:

SportsnetSpec Mark Spector Sports by RogersSportsnet
    Told by an NHL exec this morning that Brian Burke was "ballistic" over NHLPA poll results. "Furious."
    That makes me laugh he is so personally connected to Wilson which is another reason the two should be split its like having your best friend or family work for you it never works out in the end.

And the problem with not being able to dish the vets is that IMO Burke is shooting for the stars with some of these guys I agree that we will never be able to get full value for guys like Kommy and Beauch but really other than their contracts what merits their value? We need to rebuild full out not half ass!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Can I just say to that I love the fact that the Leafs section is such an active one on a website built for Fantasy Hockey and really the Leafs have the least value and amoubt of players that are fantasy worthy it goes to show you how many fans of the team are out there and how much we stand by our team till the end through thick (REALLY THICK) and thin! Congrats my fellow Bud fans!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Can I just say to that I love the fact that the Leafs section is such an active one on a website built for Fantasy Hockey and really the Leafs have the least value and amoubt of players that are fantasy worthy it goes to show you how many fans of the team are out there and how much we stand by our team till the end through thick (REALLY THICK) and thin! Congrats my fellow Bud fans!
    Actually I think it would be more appropriate to say thin (REALLY THIN) when referring to the Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hannuemen View Post
    Actually I think it would be more appropriate to say thin (REALLY THIN) when referring to the Leafs
    I was think thick s*&t LOL but I suppose your right

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

JD88 - Today is the one-year anniversary of the Dion Phaneuf acquisition