Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Icon

I haven't been keeping up on this thread recently but 4 games in a row? Wow!?!

Are you planning the parade yet? (Sorry, had to)
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I haven't been keeping up on this thread recently but 4 games in a row? Wow!?!

Are you planning the parade yet? (Sorry, had to)
    dude we have been planning the parade for the last 44 years

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    dude we have been planning the parade for the last 44 years
    My bet is that it was finalized near 93. Since then it's been somewhere safe.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is the worst thing I could have read. Yeah great idea guys lets keep him around so that he can sit on a bench and watch Giggy play??? I am not sure sometimes what these guys are thinking. If the article was saying that they plan on keeping him on the team to play then great but he has no use and is only hurting as a 3rd NHL goalie!

From Rotoworld.com;

The Leafs will meet to discuss the immediate future of James Reimer shortly.
    Toronto appears very willing to keep him on the roster when Jean-Sebastien Giguere returns to the lineup on Thursday from a groin injury. "It's something we'll discuss," coach Ron Wilson said. "We've got a couple of guys hurt, so we've got room to keep him here." Reimer has won three straight games for the Leafs and has an impressive .947 save percentage in six appearances with the team. He has earned some extra time in the NHL, but we'll keep you posted.

Source: Toronto Star
    Related: Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    This is the worst thing I could have read. Yeah great idea guys lets keep him around so that he can sit on a bench and watch Giggy play??? I am not sure sometimes what these guys are thinking. If the article was saying that they plan on keeping him on the team to play then great but he has no use and is only hurting as a 3rd NHL goalie!

From Rotoworld.com;

The Leafs will meet to discuss the immediate future of James Reimer shortly.
    Toronto appears very willing to keep him on the roster when Jean-Sebastien Giguere returns to the lineup on Thursday from a groin injury. "It's something we'll discuss," coach Ron Wilson said. "We've got a couple of guys hurt, so we've got room to keep him here." Reimer has won three straight games for the Leafs and has an impressive .947 save percentage in six appearances with the team. He has earned some extra time in the NHL, but we'll keep you posted.

Related: Jean-Sebastien Giguere

hopefully if they do actually make the decision to keep him up it will be because they want him to play. It would be stupid to keep him unless he is starting a game per week at the minimum. Maybe they are shopping Giggy ..... dunno who would want him though

Dobber Sports Veteran

hopefully if they do actually make the decision to keep him up it will be because they want him to play. It would be stupid to keep him unless he is starting a game per week at the minimum. Maybe they are shopping Giggy ..... dunno who would want him though
    No one wants Giggy which is to bad but I am hoping that Burke can make him go away like he did Jason Blake

As for Reimer unless he is starting! then I would like to see him sent down to play everyday. If he is here to be the #1 or at least get the bulk of starts then I am OK with that.

Dobber Sports Guru

just read this on twitter from Darren Dreger

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
    Giguere is pretty much ready to go. Tough decision, how do you send Reimer back to Marlies the way he's playing? That's still the plan.

makes it sound like he has been told or thinks they are sending Reimer back down.

Dobber Sports Veteran

just read this on twitter from Darren Dreger

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
    Giguere is pretty much ready to go. Tough decision, how do you send Reimer back to Marlies the way he's playing? That's still the plan.

makes it sound like he has been told or thinks they are sending Reimer back down.
    If they are not going to play him this is the right move. It would surprise me if they made a the right decision

Dobber Sports Stud

another plus about the way Reimer played is that it puts pressure on Giggy to play really good, cause he now has pressure from Gus, and Reimer
    I know Giggy's salary makes it near impossible not to start him but still if i was a pro athelete and was being paid to play like an all star and some kid from the A was outperforming me, id be a bit ashamed, and work even harder to earn my salary
    just somthing to think about
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wfactor View Post
    another plus about the way Reimer played is that it puts pressure on Giggy to play really good, cause he now has pressure from Gus, and Reimer
    I know Giggy's salary makes it near impossible not to start him but still if i was a pro athelete and was being paid to play like an all star and some kid from the A was outperforming me, id be a bit ashamed, and work even harder to earn my salary
    just somthing to think about
    This is true but I would not want to stunt the growth of a young talented kid to make Giggy work harder Riemer may just be the answer in the nets and really we need to move Giggy and let him play out the year and if he proves that he can be the guy then we have an asset to trade in Gus!

Dobber Sports Veteran

More on Mr. Reimer from Rotoworld.com

James Reimer will get the nod for Toronto on Thursday night against Phoenix.
    The 22-year-old has been turning heads in his latest stint with the Maple Leafs. Reimer has won three games in a row and has an excellent .947 save percentage to go with a 1.92 GAA in six appearances this season. Jean-Sebastien Giguere is expected to be cleared to return to the lineup prior to Thursday's game and it is unclear if he or Jonas Gustavsson will serve as the backup. Reimer was slated to return to the minors by now, but the Leafs will continue to ride his hot hand for the time being.
    Related: Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Jonas Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just going to throw this up right now I will have more on this and the game last night in a bit.

from rotoworld.com

The Toronto Maple Leafs have acquired Fabian Brunnstrom from the Dallas Stars in exchange for Mikhail Stefanovich.
    Brunnstrom came into the NHL three seasons ago with many teams wanting the free agent from Sweden, including the Maple Leafs. He signed with the Stars and showed brilliance at times especially in his first game when he registered a hat trick, but those brilliant moments were few and far between. He has spent the season with the Stars minor league affiliate scoring 11 goals and 21 points in 37 games. He is a flier at the moment but the Leafs gave up little in Stefanovich. Brunnstrom will start with the Marlies of the AHL and if he plays well, a call up to the Maple Leafs could be in the picture. Jan. 13 - 6:09 pm et
    Source: TSN.ca

Dobber Sports Veteran

The monster was a Health scratch last night, Mike Brown is possibly facing a suspension for his hit which I personally think is a borderline call see as Jovo was reaching and the second I saw thats what I said.

Reimer was solid but not sensational and looked a bit tired in the net really I would not be surprised if he is the healthy scracth on Saturday and it will take a few good games out of Giggy for him to be sent down all together.

Other than that nothing great from last nights game the team just looked tired.

Brunnstrom is a great low risk grab as we gave up next to nothing to get him! He could be a great 2nd line player but really thats not what we need so I am guess that Burke is trying to find lightining in a bottle after missing out on both Flash and Wolski.

Dobber Sports Veteran

So there it is Reimer gets sent down and I know thats its more of needing other bodies move than a demotion but its still the right move to make until we move Giggy this kid should be the everyday starter in the AHL and should be honing his skills. From what I have seen of him which is not a lot really he has looked great in the nets.

Burke said it the best the other day saying that "He is a thicker body" that he wont get pushed around as easliy in the net and also that he has a great pressence in net and does not get rattled so that the team stay calm and confident in front of him.

He has all the right tools to be the goalie we were looking for if they do this right we could have a great young goalie in the works!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Injury Update from rotoworld.com

Kris Versteeg (upper body) will likely be back in the Toronto lineup on Wednesday against the New York Rangers after returning to practice on Monday.
    "He has the ability to make a lot of things happen for us as a line and as a team," said linemate Colby Armstrong. "He's been running the power play very well with Kabby (Tomas Kaberle) and the last little while, I've felt good with Steeger out there. I think we're getting some chemistry going." Versteeg missed two games last week with an undisclosed upper-body injury. He has 12 goals and 31 points in 41 games this season. Jan. 17 - 2:58 pm et