Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

I wouldnt call Reimer a pylon he faced 44 shots and only allowed 3 goals on this one proving again that he is the Leafs best option right now I am going to say he gets to start the next game too.

As for that 2nd line WOW thay have been good all year. Those 3 have found some great chemstry together, and lets not forget the chemsrty that Armstorng and Versteeg have had latley. Hell Kessel and Bozak have looked like the 3rd line on the team!

As for Lebda being a -3 I wouldnt expect anything less I have been saying all year that this guy sucks and that we should get rid of him, hell Burke take a 4th round pick what ever take the very last pick of the draft just drop this guy now!!

What people fail to see or atleast note is that with those 9 goals last night the capitain Phaneuf was a -1 with no points?? I am confussed here and still a fan but what has happened to this guy. Whatever it is I hope he figures it out because he is young still and has all the right tools to be a great leader and player for this team.

As for Kabby TRADE HIM NOW!!! man 4 assists and he has looked better all around latley his stock is as high as its been this year! Burke now is the time to strike dont let the 2 wins block your judgement. Really we still do suck still
    Last edited by JD88; January 8, 2011 at 8:11 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    I wouldnt call Reimer a pylon he faced 44 shots and only allowed 3 goals on this one proving again that he is the Leafs best option right now I am going to say he gets to start the next game too.

As for that 2nd line WOW thay have been good all year. Those 3 have found some great chemstry together, and lets not forget the chemsrty that Armstorng and Versteeg have had latley. Hell Kessel and Bozak have looked like the 3rd line on the team!

As for Lebda being a -3 I wouldnt expect anything less I have been saying all year that this guy sucks and that we should get rid of him, hell Burke take a 4th round pick what ever take the very last pick of the draft just drop this guy now!!

What people fail to see or atleast note is that with those 9 goals last night the capitain Phaneuf was a -1 with no points?? I am confussed here and still a fan but what has happened to this guy. Whatever it is I hope he figures it out because he is young still and has all the right tools to be a great leader and player for this team.

As for Kabby TRADE HIM NOW!!! man 4 assists and he has looked better all around latley his stock is as high as its been this year! Burke now is the time to strike dont let the 2 wins block your judgement. Really we still do suck still
    couldnt agree more on everything in that post
    I DO NOT understand why Lebda even gets ice time like WTF this guy is the biggest plug out there, I could even be + or even a 0 playing for the leafs when they win 9-3
    and that 2nd line is amazing,Grabovski is the boss now, Big Mac, and Kul hand Nik are great wingmen for him, its been are top line for a long while now
    but Kessel has been waking up FINALLY! 3 goals in two games now?
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just a couple of quick notes....

James Reimer WILL start tonight, I called that one as I am sure you all did too!

Colby Armstrong's status for Monday's game in Los Angeles is uncertain at this time due to a scratched cornea.
    He isn't expected to miss much time after taking a sucker-punch from Atlanta's Ben Eager on Friday, but keeping him out on Monday could be a possibility. "It looked a little bit better when they took the patch off (Sunday)," said coach Ron Wilson. "It's still kind of leaking a little bit, kind of disgusting. Hopefully by (game time) we'll have a better idea. If he can't play, he can't play. Hopefully, San Jose (on Tuesday) at the latest he'll be in the lineup." Stay tuned.

Both notes are from rotoworld.com

Source: Toronto Star

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just wanted take a minute to make a quick shout out for some love for Mr. Kaberle he has been dogged most of the year and still he is only a -1 on a poor defensive team and on pace for 58 points.

I still say that we need to deal him he is a greatest asset and if we are to rebuild this team it starts with his trade. He should / would get us a top line forward and this is what we need as you all know.

But as for all you Kabby haters or maybe even doubters this guys year to year is one of the best offensive D-men out there and I am thinking that his stock on the NHL market is only going up as teams are looking for scoring from the backend. Teams that may have a chance to play in the playoffs!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

So as a guy that has to be up at 5 am for work I don't catch all of the games on the West Coast trip but wow another start and another strong performance from Riemer and he will still go back and so he should at least! Let ruin another good young player!

All 3 line chipped in last night so it is nice to see the team showing some scoring depth and Kessel keeps it up with another goal I think he will be good to go for another nice run and if your remember he finished last quite strong too!

The only thing I don't like is that the team is actually winning, now don't get me wrong yes I am Leafs fan. I am betting I one the biggest but I like to look at the big picture here and what worries me is that if they win like this they will think that there is nothing wrong with the team and Burke will be less inclined to make the deals that he has to make! The Leafs are not a good team even if they are winning games right now they still have holes to fill and there are guys playing over there heads that will come back down to earth!

I am not asking for the teams demise, just that I hope they still make the moves that they should!

Go LEAFS Go!!

Dobber Sports Guru

just saw this on twitter from Down Goes Brown thought you guys might enjoy since we leaf fans have to have a sense of humour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ2fImgCmLo

Dobber Sports Veteran

LOVE IT!!!! Great find that is some funny shit!

Dobber Sports Guru

LOVE IT!!!! Great find that is some funny shit!
    yeah i thought they did a good job with it

Dobber Sports Guru

just saw this on twitter from DGB, lol ....

DownGoesBrown Down Goes Brown
    The Toronto Maple Leafs: So stacked, our fifth best forward makes the all-star team!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah I suppose a congrats to Kessel should go for what I am unsure of as yet but making the all star team wow......bet ya he is last to be picked LOL

Dobber Sports Icon

can we talk about the sixties? Did any of you guys get to see those cup winning teams. I sure did. It was great. Such a distant memory now.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    can we talk about the sixties? Did any of you guys get to see those cup winning teams. I sure did. It was great. Such a distant memory now.
    Nope im a little to young to remeber the glory days but I have heard my dad wax lyrically about them. I always remember him telling me that he just thought it would always be like it was in the 60's, with the leafs either winning or challenging for the cup every year.

The early 90's were the closest thing to Glory days that I got to enjoy first hand

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Your luck I am starting to think that I will never see a cup in my lifetime

Dobber Sports Stud

Your luck I am starting to think that I will never see a cup in my lifetime
    tell me about it, I just want 1 cup run, think like the Carolina Hurricanes from a couple playoffs ago, just outta nowhere dominate, id be happy with that
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another strong performance for Reimer and this is a recording.... Really this kid has been terrific and really he should be going back down IF he is not going to be the starter going forward and I still think that for some reason the Leafs are dedicated to giving the Giggy the net back once he is healthy SO at that point Reimer should be demoted and now looked at as the Leafs main man in the AHL I think he has sky rocketed to the top of the prospect depth chart and needs to be treated as so.

The team looks good right now and all lines seem to be click well but I am going to be a pessimist and say that this is not here to stay guys I know as a Leafs fan we all hope for it dream of it and pray for it every night so when we win 4 in a row and 6 of 10 Woo Hoo!!! But I am forced to take a step back again and I look at the big picture. We still need to make changes to the team maybe less now I don't know but I still insist that Crabb is not a 1st liners and for that matter neither is Bozak.

Great 2nd line, great 3rd line and even a solid 4th line when Brown is back! I still think that we have one of the most under-rated D's in the league especially if you ditch Lebda and bring up Aulie who I still think should be on our team now! Throw in Kadri next year hopefully as a 1st liner that leaves us needing a Goalie (which we may have ??) A 1st line Centre (Bozak will do until then I suppose) and then really I think we have a solid competitive team??

Until then its nice to see us winning some games against some tough teams and playing solid hockey. They are really playing now and its making me 2nd guess my hunt for Wilson's head!

Keep it up boys!........GO LEAFS GO!!