Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Retired - Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well Reimer got the start again and again played a very solid game I did not see the whole thing as I watching the Canada vs. USA game (Way to go Canada!) But from what I did see he looked good and despite the loss has shown good consistency in the nets. I would not be surprised to se Gus back between the pipes for the next game but if he is rocky look for Reimer to get another start.

As I said before Joey Crabb is not a 1st line player and will not stick on the 1st line but a guy that I do like in his role is Darryl Boyce his play has been very solid and looks to be a good 3rd line defensive forward and I think that if he sticks to that role and works on his shut down skills then he could be a successful NHLer.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well Reimer got the start again and again played a very solid game I did not see the whole thing as I watching the Canada vs. USA game (Way to go Canada!) But from what I did see he looked good and despite the loss has shown good consistency in the nets. I would not be surprised to se Gus back between the pipes for the next game but if he is rocky look for Reimer to get another start.
    While it is only 2 games Reimer has impressed. I think this means Burke can let Giguere go in a trade or at the trade deadline. If no deal is worked out than there is no need to resign Giguere for next year as Gustafson and Reimer would be a very competent duo for next year. Reimer is an RFA next year but should be signable for something similar to what Gustavson signed for $1.35m for two years. That would put the leafs at a $2.7 cap hit for goalies next year compared to the $7.35 they are spending on goal this year. The $4.65 cap space can be used to help bolster the forward ranks.

The Magnificent One

hey jdd any update on giguere's injury? will he get in any game this week (through sunday) or what?

thanxs for the insight. and as a side note i got tosay moving versteeg for wolski is a bad move. versteeg is a great 2nd liner for them. wolski has way too much inconsistancy.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    and as a side note i got tosay moving versteeg for wolski is a bad move. versteeg is a great 2nd liner for them. wolski has way too much inconsistancy.
    I completely agree. I really don't like the way Wolski has progressed (or regressed). Maybe coming home (grew up around TO) would be a great change of scenary, but Im not a huge Wolski fan.

Not a huge Versteeg fan either but at least Versteeg competes.
    11 GM Keeper League, 10F, 4D, 2G
    G,A, SHG, +/-, W, SO, S%
    F: J. Iginla, E. Staal, M. Richards, J. Spezza, B. Ryan, T. Hall, N. Zherdev, J. Hudler, S. Gagner, C. Kunitz
    D: D. Keith, A. Goligoski, P. Martin, R. Sutter
    G: MA. Fluery, S. Mason

Dobber Sports Veteran

hey jdd any update on giguere's injury? will he get in any game this week (through sunday) or what?

thanxs for the insight. and as a side note i got tosay moving versteeg for wolski is a bad move. versteeg is a great 2nd liner for them. wolski has way too much inconsistancy.
    Sorry its taken time to get back but as of yestarday Giggy has been cleared to play but Wilson has stated that he will not be in the lineup for about a week becuase they are not going to take a chance at him get re-injured.

I still think that Wolski has the higher upside and may be worth the chance but I do like Versteegs game.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here is the clip from Rotoworld.com

Jean-Sebastien Giguere is expected to get clearance to return from his third groin injury on Thursday.
    However, he is still a week away from returning in the eyes of coach Ron Wilson. The Leafs want to be more cautious this time around when it comes to Giguere's groin. "We've already been kind of — it's the wrong word to say burnt — but burnt twice where he's come back and been hurt again," said Wilson. "We want to make sure that he's not 100 per cent but that he's 110 per cent if that's possible."

Source: Toronto Star

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Please please please no Wolski. You are talking crazy JD. I am done as a leaf fan if he brings that clown in.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Its not fantasy relevant but I thought I would keep the Leaf fans up to date..from Rototworld.com

John Mitchell suffered a knee injury in Sunday's practice that is expected to sideline him for four to six weeks.
    Coach Ron Wilson said that Mitchell "tweaked" the medial collateral ligament. He has just three points in 23 games this season and has no fantasy value.
    Source: Toronto Star

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Please please please no Wolski. You are talking crazy JD. I am done as a leaf fan if he brings that clown in.
    I dont see it happening anyway so I think your safe there I am not a huge fan either dont get me wrong but I still feel he has some great upside and is just not feeling it in PHO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well a wild one last night and not a great game from Gus giving up the lead like he did I just don't see the consistency it takes to be an everyday starter?? Likely its the team in front of him but we still need a goalie to step and keep us in games! I am going to bet that we see Reimer in the nets again he played much better with the same team in front him?

Versteeg continues to play well and really is making a case to stay in Toronto though I know that Burke is getting a lot of interest in him from other teams but I am going say we hang on to him with his recent play unless we can get an upgrade to him now!

I am happy to see Kessel starting to light the lamp again now too and with him being such a streaky player I would get him activated now if you had him on the bench.

I still feel as if a coaching change is required in T.O. but I am also still doubtful that it will happen this year or at least during the season. What I do think that we can expect is a busy 2nd half for trades in Leafs nation, or at least I would hope for it! There are changes that have to be made and players that need to go (Kabby, Kommy, Giggy...how about anyone whose nickname ends in a "y")

I read something the other day that made sense to me saying that Burke either has to decide to truly rebuild or go for it now becuase this half rebuild, kinda going for it team is doing nothing so we need to dish all / most of our vets for talented or even somewhat talent prospects! I agree with this the team is in limbo and we have to chose a direction and go with it! I would rather finish last with a bunch prospect / kids with talent! not with guys like Kabby, Lebda, Kommy, Giggy, Shoey these guys do nothing for us and Please someone tell Wilson and Burke that Crabb is NOT a 1st line player! I am not saying that he hasn't played well I am just worried that becuase he has they think they have found the answer, but he is not it just another 3rd line player getting playing time.

that's it that's all happy for the win last night and GREAT shootout goal by Grabo! He has been great this year!
    Last edited by JD88; January 7, 2011 at 9:47 AM.

The Magnificent One

im sure your happy to see kessel start waking up again. he started off so well and then went coldish for a bit. nice to see him get 2. i wish he could have gotten a hattrick though but ohwell.

was so pissed with gustav last night. what happened in the 3rd. i didnt want the game but i would have guessed he maybe was tired or something. that was ugly to watch on the stats that is.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

im sure your happy to see kessel start waking up again. he started off so well and then went coldish for a bit. nice to see him get 2. i wish he could have gotten a hattrick though but ohwell.

was so pissed with gustav last night. what happened in the 3rd. i didnt want the game but i would have guessed he maybe was tired or something. that was ugly to watch on the stats that is.
    Not sure whats up with Gus this year?? he has not only been inconsistent from start to start but from period to period, he is to be the future of the team then we have to let him play though and see if starting consistently can change his game. Goalies are often headcases and he has never really been given the complete confidence of the coaching staff and that could play a roll here also he may just not be an NHL goalie but only time will tell!

Dobber Sports Stud

I will safely assume that you're all partying too hard right now. Didn't get to see it (was working). God, I would've been proud to wear that new jersey I got for my b-day a few weeks back!
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    I will safely assume that you're all partying too hard right now. Didn't get to see it (was working). God, I would've been proud to wear that new jersey I got for my b-day a few weeks back!
    I totally missed the game to, got home checked the score and was like wtf happened did the other team have a goalie or was it a pylon, haha
    but im glad for the boys they deserved a win like this, but lets hope they keep this rolling a bit!
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wfactor View Post
    I totally missed the game to, got home checked the score and was like wtf happened did the other team have a goalie or was it a pylon, haha
    but im glad for the boys they deserved a win like this, but lets hope they keep this rolling a bit!
    the goalies were essentially pylons tonight, not really a difference

but their PP just clicked. It was amazing watching the end of the 2nd and scoring 3 goals in 2 minutes... and ben eager is a goon, hope he gets suspended for that dirty sucker punch.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel