Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Radulov/Vanek/Kopitar

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Radulov/Vanek/Kopitar

I\'m drafting my team in a Keeper league soon and its a 1 point for goal/assist. I have to decide whether i want radulov, vanek or kopitar more? Which one of those three is a better bet for now and the future?
    10 team / 4 players + 1D +1G Keeper League / Weekly H2H
    Categories G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, FOW, Shots, Hits, W, S%, SHO
    Daily Lineup: 3C, 2LW, 2RW, 1W, 3D, 1G
    Last year's Keepers: C Getzlaf C Duchene RW P. Kane C,LW,RW Pavelski D Keith G Price
    Practice Squad: C Draisaitl, C/RW Scheifele, C/RW E. Lindholm, C/RW R Strome, C/RW Zibanejad, RW Toffoli

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re:Radulov/Vanek/Kopitar

Well since Vanek seems to be \"there\" while the other two are on their way \"there\" I might take him first. I think all three of them will have good production next year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Radulov, Kopitar a close second & Vanek bringing up the rear

Dobber Sports Veteran

Radulov
    Vanek
    Kopitar

Radulov will be a star next year and a superstar the one after that... you will have to beat the trade offers off with a stick! I think that Vanek still has some improving to do but you could also go with Kopitar if you want to be part of an improving LA team.

Dobber Sports Genius

radulov , vanek , kopitar...too easy
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Ace

Vanek ahead of both by a mile. dont know why you guys can figure radulov is even in vaneks league. not even close in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Ninja

In 2 years everyone will be saying, \"I\'m not sure why everyone thought Vanek was in Radulov\'s league. It\'s not even close.\"

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well if you look at the Maestro\'s fantasy ratings - Radulov gets a slight nudge over Vanek and Kopitar is just a little off the pace of the other two.

I am still a little swayed by Vanek due to the \"bird in the hand\" thing however Radulov\'s pedigree is pretty impressive - sort of one of those \"can\'t miss\" things.

In any case, to say one is miles ahead of the other in terms of choice is folly. I think we are looking at a \"by a nose\" derby.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

sakic19 wrote:
    Vanek ahead of both by a mile.
    i tottally agree with that...

Kopitar is way behond those two, but i really think vanek is a better player than radulov

Dobber Sports Ace

Thomas Vanek had 84 points this year, hes an above average point per game player and what just makes him such a fantasy stud is his ridiculos +47.

Radulov had 37 pts in 64 games so that doesnt cover vaneks ppg average and hes only a +19(which is nothing to spit at) but is no where near Vanek\'s +47.

Now some may use the argument of Vanek having a better team, which cant be used considering Nashville\'s potent offensive, unbelieveable defence and strong duo of goaltenders.

Vanek is starting to become the next Dany Heatley while Radulov will become at best a Rick Nash.

Dobber Sports Veteran

From the first post I believe the league in question does not count +/-.

This is a keeper league draft so I am not giving much weight to the fact that Vanek is ahead of Radulov in his development (Vanek is two years older). Vanek’s rookie year was very similar to Radoluv’s: not much ice time, producing at about 0.6 points-per-game (although Radulov did have less ice time and played often on the forth line). I believe that next year Radulov will have a Vanek-like year (point-per-game). Will Vanek will be much better then he was this year? – I wouldn’t count on it.

You say Vanek is another Heatley . . . I think Hossa is a better comparison but I am not sure he is that good. Radulov could very well be another Kovalchuk.

I agree with other’s posts that it is very close. I have both Vanek and Radulov on my roster and wouldn’t trade either of them.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

sakic19 wrote:
    Thomas Vanek had 84 points this year, hes an above average point per game player and what just makes him such a fantasy stud is his ridiculos +47.

Radulov had 37 pts in 64 games so that doesnt cover vaneks ppg average and hes only a +19(which is nothing to spit at) but is no where near Vanek\'s +47.

Now some may use the argument of Vanek having a better team, which cant be used considering Nashville\'s potent offensive, unbelieveable defence and strong duo of goaltenders.

Vanek is starting to become the next Dany Heatley while Radulov will become at best a Rick Nash.
    Well, sorry : a Rick Nash playing ten minutes a game for almost all year long. 37 points with no playing time for the most part, and linemates like Fiddler, Tootoo and company. Vanek is great too, but don\'t underestimate what an hungry Radulov, getting top-line duty, will do. It\'s gonna be a beauty to watch. An absolute stud.

Dobber Sports Stud

Personally, I would take Radulov. I don\'t think that there is much separation between what Radulov and Vanek bring to the table. I do think that the separation, at this point in time, is due to the coaching methology of the two teams. Nashville is much more patient, if you want to call it that, than Buffalo. I find the management of Trotz, as it relates to Radulov, to be very frustrating. I get the impression that Mr. Trotz is similar to Mr. Keenan that unless you are a veteran you have not earned \'your stripes\'. Radulov does have his defensive deficiencies but he will be better. He could be a \'superstar\'. Vanek will be a star. Kopitar will be a star.

Do you take the chance on a guy being a \'superstar\' or a \'star\'?

I take the chance that Radulov will be a \'superstar\'.

You have to give the edge to Radulov based on the role that he might have next season and beyond. With a couple guys (notably Forsberg and possibly Kariya) leaving next season, there\'ll be some shuffling of the top lines and Radulov stands to reap a huge benefit. Huge!

Because Vanek is ahead in his development, I don\'t think that Radulov will match him in production next year, but the gap will be small, and virtually nil the following year. Vanek had a big season, but I can\'t imagine that he can increase his production too significantly next season, if at all.

As far as Kopitar goes, I don\'t think that he\'s quite the same level of talent. Given time, he may get up to the same production level as Vanek & Radulov, but in the short term I don\'t think it\'s there. Particularly for next season, I can\'t see Kopitar\'s linemates being consistent enough for him to take that big of a step up.
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction

I agree with a previous post in that you should take a chance on a guy being a superstar versus taking a guy who will likely be a star. I don\'t see Vanek getting many more points than he did this past year. He might get 90 but won\'t likely get 100. Radulov is two to three years away from that point but in a keeper league, you need to have superstars in order to win. Take Radulov and then Kopitar with your next pick as Vanek will go soon after Radulov.