Thread: November 23: PG-13

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default November 23: PG-13

1. There are no active NHL players who use a wooden stick anymore. Adrian Aucoin was the last.

2. Spend some time with your wife/girlfriend tomorrow. The only game on is edmonton/phoenix, where there will be more players on the ice than sitting on the stands.

3. Stamkos has 20 goals in 21 games. Can he be the first player to score 50 in 50? Brett Hull was the last player to do it (he had back to back 50/50 seasons in 90/91 and 91/92).

4. Player with most goals with no assists: Cal Clutterbuck (7,0). Player with most assists, no goals: whitney (0,17).

5. Home Stats: Semin (19P, 12GP), Backstrom (13P, 12GP), Ovechkin (17P, 12GP). Road Stats: Semin (7P, 10GP), Backstrom (9P, 10GP), Ovechkin (9P, 10GP).

6. The Capitals have been shutout twice in three games, by pavelec (thrashers goalie) and hedberg (former thrashers goalie).

7. Today is the 5 year anniversary of the first game crosby and ovechkin played against each other. Ive always wondered how many records would have been broken if ovechkin went #2 overall to the penguins instead of malkin.

8. It may now be impossible to try and trade for Carey Price in a keeper league.

9. My top 3 candidates for the calder so far: Skinner, Neuvrith, Bobrovsky. If I was a betting man i'd go with skinner, just because varlamov and leighton could come back to steal the starting gigs.

10. Hands up if you thought liles, byfuglien, and letang would be ranked 2, 3 and 4 respectively in dman scoring. My only explanation is that Keith is still hungover and Green is saving all his points for the 2014 season.

11. Great find by Dean Youngblood: The habs are 12-1-1 when Gomez plays 18:39 or less, and only 1-6-0 when he plays more.

12. Who are the worst players getting paid a truckload of money this year? Gomez @ 8mil, Drury @ 8mil, Komisarek @ 6mil.

13. Who are the best players getting paid peanuts this year? Stamkos @ 875k, Giroux @ 765k, MacArthur @ 1.1mil, Leino @ 825k
    Last edited by JagrBomb; November 23, 2010 at 2:07 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Actually the player with Most assists no goals is Ryan Whitney. 0g 17a
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

nice catch! glad to know people are actually reading my posts haha

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    12. Who are the worst players getting paid a truckload of money this year? Horcoff @ 6.5mil, Gomez @ 8mil, Drury @ 8mil, Komisarek @ 6mil.
    I think Horcoff's been pretty good this year. 1 of the few Oilers I can say that about. I nominate Brian Campbell at 7.1mill or Bouwmeester at 6.7 to replace Horcoff on that list. Horc has had it bad enough since signing that deal.

Good read tho, keep em coming.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    I think Horcoff's been pretty good this year. 1 of the few Oilers I can say that about. I nominate Brian Campbell at 7.1mill or Bouwmeester at 6.7 to replace Horcoff on that list. Horc has had it bad enough since signing that deal.

Good read tho, keep em coming.
    funny enough, i was considering campbell and bouwmeester as honourable mentions. but campbell does have 5 pts in 10 games and is +7, while bouwmeester does have 7 pts in 20 games and is +8.

I do however agree that horcoff is playing better, i guess i was just so used to him being terrible that i just put him on the list without checking his stats. i guess playing with hall and eberle most of the time will increase your point total

Dobber Sports Veteran

Great job man! The only list that beats this is Friedmanns
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock