Thread: Bieksa

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Bieksa

As Angus pointed out in his article, Salo will be returning in December and Bieksa will be be on the market.

Considering the situation with Markov in Montreal, would he not be a great fit?

They could move Halpern, Lapierre or Boyd plus picks/futures. to accommodate VAN's need for a cheap contract and an effective 4th line C. Plus Bieksa is a FA at the end of the year so they could decide to resign or walk away at the end of the season. Not to mention the fact that they could use a little more size and grit. A final bonus is a great pairing for Subban, to help him keep out of scrums and unnecessary penalties.

CLB seems to be a good fit as well but they have been in the market for a good d-man for years and need more of a PP quarterback and puck-mover. Not that Bieksa would not help but I am not sure who they would take back as Phalson looks to be the best fit as a 4th line C but has a much hefter contract than any of the MON options.

I am not a Habs fan, but I am interested in where Bieksa goes as he is available in quite a few leagues.

The Great One

Montreal would be a great fit for sure. I could see that happening.

Though I could see a lot of teams interested in Bieksa. He is just a great all-around, tough defenseman who would help a lot of teams looking to make a playoff push, and I don't think Vancouver wants/expects much in return for him.

He is just a rental player, but I could see a number of teams being interested. Imagine him in Washington, for example? Philly is always looking to improve, and Bieksa would really be a beast for them (along with Pronger).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Philly is always looking to improve, and Bieksa would really be a beast for them (along with Pronger).
    You can scratch Philly from possible destinations for Bieksa. They simply don't have cap room (nor the need) to acquire him.

Bieksa would be a good fit with the Avs if their owner would loosen the wallet a little bit. One problem though is the fact that Avs and Canucks play in the same division so Canucks would probably hesitate in trading him to their rival.

The Great One

yeah, I know Philly doesn't have the cap space...nor perhaps the need. But they have never been a team to do nothing at the trade deadline. Like I said, they are ALWAYS looking to improve and get tougher for the playoffs.

I'm not saying they have any interest in Bieksa...I really have no idea and haven't heard any rumors suggesting they have interest in him. I just think if they added a player like him to their defense corps, they'd be even scarier than they are now.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As a Habs fan, I hope it happens. Even before the Markov injury I always thought he'd be a good fit for the team. The team needs some grit, like chuk mentioned. Also having him for the remainder of the season will give the team some insight on whether they should sign him.

It seems like Markov's injury will be another long term one and I don't feel the team should give him top dollars (prolly 6M ish) as he's not the same player he used to be. I don't think he'll ever be fully healthy again (so sad). So maybe they can see how Bieksa pans out and sign him. There by saving a few million they would have spent on Markov.

Pts Only 1y - 9 Teams
    F: Stamkos, H. Sedin, Voracek, St Louis, Hornquist, Ladd, Semin, Ribeiro, Hudler, Kuznetsov
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Letang, Goligoski
    G: Price, Holtby

Dobber Sports Ace

I personally think that they will find a way to keep him as he is a playoff performer which is what they need. Ehrhoff on the other hand...