Thread: Erik Johnson

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Erik Johnson

What's the deal with this guy? I'm in a keeper pool and considering dropping/trading him.

My real question is, will he ever break out in offence? St. Louis is lacking in D and he still manages to register one assist in the past nine games. I do not watch any Blues games and am pondering if he's quickly turning into a defensive-defenseman (a la Del Zotto).

Recommendations?
    Keeper Pool
    Year 1
    C: Ryan Getzlaf, Jeff Carter, Brandon Dubinsky, Kyle Turris, Sam Gagner, Derick Brassard
    LW: James Neal, Andrei Kostitsyn, Alexander Frolov
    RW: Patrick Kane, Dustin Brown, Steve Downie, Jeff Carter, Patric Hornqvist
    D: Tyler Myers, Duncan Keith, Ryan Whitney, Erik Johnson, Kimmo Timonen

G: Ryan Miller, Pekka Rinne, Dan Ellis

Farm Team: John Carlson, Zach Boychuk, Mathieu Perreault, Robin Lehner, Nathan Gerbe

Dobber Sports Pro

don't drop him unless there is a very very good player to pick up. Right now its hard to trade him for much so you would be best to bench him and if he turns it around then trade him. I am in the same boat as you. I want him gone off my roster lol. EJ= THE NEXT JAY BO.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Again, I really think its premature to label EJ as the a J-bo type. The key distinguishing factor being the lack of opportunity for EJ. Payne seems to like (at least) 4 forwards on the PP and with EJ getting so much other icetime, his PP time has just not been where it needs to be for him to produce at a high level. That's just a matter of fact when it comes to defensemen. J-bo, no matter the power play icetime is what he is. Watch EJ play. The kid has serious offensive skill. Right now he's a bit of a victim of being needed too much for his all-around play with other options on the PP. If you believe talent ultimately rises to the top, then you should hold onto EJ because his offensive skill is there. If he gets first powerplay time and still disappoints then maybe he will settle into a Jbo type of role. I'm not even close to being ready to give up on him, though.
    12 H2H Pts - Keep 17 + 8 Farm
    Points for: G,A,PPP,SHP,D Points,+/-,S,PIM,HIT,BLKS; Wins,SO,OTL,S,GA

C(3): Getzlaf,Lecavalier,Berglund,Granlund*
    RW(3): Perry,Wheeler,Franzen(LW),Hemsky,Little
    LW(3): Zetterberg(C),Marleau,Duchene(C),Clowe(RW)
    D (6): Seabrook,Kronwall,Zidlicky,Giordano,Faulk*,Diaz*,W ilson*
    G (2): Luongo,Smith,Neuvirth

Farm (<200 GP/<100 GP goalie):
    C: Kuznetsov,Hartikainen
    W: Paajarvi,Greening
    D: Kostka,Martinez,
    G: Bishop,Gibson,Johnson

Dobber Sports Ace

I just traded EJ for Vladamir Tarasenko in a dynasty league with a 6 man rookie roster.