Thread: Jamie McBain (great last name)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Jamie McBain (great last name)

Same sorta question as everyone else.

With Markov going down can I expect McBain to step in and get the job done as a 4th D going forward? The wire is completely dry, so I'd have to go after someone via trade. I drafted McBain with high expectations for this season...think it going to happen?

14 Team Roto Keep 3

C - Nicklas Backstrom, Alex Steen
    LW - Michael Cammalleri, Tyler Ennis
    RW - Loui Eriksson, Dustin Brown
    D - Erik Johnson, Paul Martin, Jack Johnson, Jamie McBain
    Util - Sam Gagner, David Clarkson
    BN- Tyler Seguin, Kris Versteeg, Andrei Markov

G - Jaroslav Halak, Carey Price
    BN - Steve Mason

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP)

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think you need to trade him + for an upgrade maybe him + Mason in net for a dare I say downgrade and upgrade at D with Halak and Price your solid between the pipes so it wont sting that bad where as I dont think McBain is the guy most of us thought he would be. (I didnt draft him....didnt buy the hype) thats your move good luck!

Administrator

McBain's a solid player. We know he can produce when given the opportunity but right now he's the third or fourth guy on the totum pole, with Corvo, Babchuk and Pitkanen all ahead of him.

Now I've been waiting for both Corvo and Babchuk's one dimensional nature to get them in the dog house in Carolina. It happened last time they were with the Hurricanes and it's why I expected McBain to get the first crack at being a top guy. Hasn't happened yet but with Carolina getting shelled the last couple of games I wonder if it's only a matter of time. You can't really count on more minutes coming though so if you need him to produce this year then I would look to trade him for another option.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    McBain's a solid player. We know he can produce when given the opportunity but right now he's the third or fourth guy on the totum pole, with Corvo, Babchuk and Pitkanen all ahead of him.

Now I've been waiting for both Corvo and Babchuk's one dimensional nature to get them in the dog house in Carolina. It happened last time they were with the Hurricanes and it's why I expected McBain to get the first crack at being a top guy. Hasn't happened yet but with Carolina getting shelled the last couple of games I wonder if it's only a matter of time. You can't really count on more minutes coming though so if you need him to produce this year then I would look to trade him for another option.
    What metal said....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I noticed Carlo Coliackajsdoadnaosidn (I think thats how you spell it) is available, would he be good enough to justify dropping McBain for??

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yes I would think Carlo is worth it he is the QB on the PP. he was before the injury and was again last night. Another player bound for a career year!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I was struggling with the same question last week and ended up picking up Coliacavo for Gilbert instead of McBain - I'm still holding out hope that he might get the nod later in the season, but in your case I'd say pick up Carlo for sure.
    10 Team H2H, 3 Keepers. Weekly lock.

G, A, +/-, GWG, SOG, FOW, PPP, SHP, ATOI, Hits, Blocked Shots, Penalty Minutes, Wins, GAA, SV%, SO.

3C - Tavares, Backes, Barkov
    3LW - Benn, E. Kane, Huberdeau
    3RW - Okposo, Voracek, Kucherov
    1F - Seguin
    4D - Klingberg, Myers, Savard, Ekblad
    1Util Simmonds
    2G - Raask, Schneider

4 Bench: Granlund, S Jones, Spurgeon, Horvat
    IR: Boychuk