Thread: kronwall

Dobber Sports Ace

Default kronwall

im thinking about acquiring this guy. its for a sim league, so please keep in mind defensive abilitly is huge. also intensity and his overall skating abilitlity are very important for defencman along with passing, scoring and endurance. the last category is my main worry. it seems to me this guy has been a little injury prone throughout his career. maybe its just me but it seems like almost every year the guy has missed a big chunk of the year. when hes playing hes a monster(as mcguire would say) back there. he hammers guys and plays with an edge for a little guy and is making good first passes.

my question is whether you guys believe he can stay fairly healthy for the rest of his career and continue to be a stud on one of the better teams or if his injury problems are olny gonna get worse and hes gonna miss significant time each year. if so would a guy(lol who is currently out with a leg injury) like suter be a better option.

keep in mind defensive abiltiy and prescene is huge. offensive abilitly is just a bonus in this league
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Icon

I think he is a very solid D, but the way he plays he is becoming a certified band-aid-boy. He will get his share of points when he plays, but his fragility is a huge concern.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What do you mean defensive ability is huge? How are you measuring this? Plus minus? He is a full fledged band aid boy at this point and is hurt every year. The style of play he has lends to him being injured on a yearly basis. This year however he has not looked comfortable yet and is not looking like the same big hitter from before his last injury.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah great player but no doubt he is a BAB though there have been guys that start their career with injury issues then turn the corner for whatever reason (conditioning etc..) Them go on to have a great career. I presonally would be willing to take the chance on this guy he is worth it IMO.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3 View Post
    What do you mean defensive ability is huge? How are you measuring this? Plus minus?
    (I am in this sim league and am part of the team that determines the subjective ratings such as defensive ability, skating ability, speed, leadership)

Defensive ratings are partially based on plus/minus, but it is more of a subjective rating. There are about 4-5 GMs in the league (20 teams) that review all these subjective ratings every year (over 900 players) - the average is then taken as the rating. For example, Kronwall has a defensive (DF) rating of 81/99, which is pretty good (Chara is 87, Lidstrom 86, Pronger 86). He was only a plus 5 last year, but everyone knows he is a good defensive player, so based on what 4 very knowledgeable people know of him, his rating averages to 81. The other subjective cats are determined the same way (speed, agility, leadership).

Think of it as assembling a real life NHL team as you would if you were an NHL GM. You need good penalty killers, a balance of vets with leadership, and some young guns to play with them. You need two scoring lines that make sense, and you also need shut-down lines, checkers, etc. Its a lot more fun IMO, you are creating a full, 'real' team.

Sims are a lot more involved than the leagues most people are used to - they are really two leagues in one. You pay attention to your player's stats every night in the real NHL because you want their ratings to be good NEXT year inthe sim, but every night you also have another entire scoreboard in the sim league, and you watch the stats your team accrues there...

I love my H2H leagues, but for me nothing beats a good sim league.
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

G - Jarry, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Never been part in a sim league before. Where can i get some info on this?
    10 team Keepers league 18 man roster (+1 UFA-FCFS)/protect 13. Auto Count top 6 Fwd, 3 def and 1 keeper. Points only(def goals = 2pts). Keepers in Bold

Fwd: N.Backstrom, D.Sedin, C. Perry, E.Malkin, C.Giroux, J.Eberle, J.Drouin, V.Nichushkin, J.Tavares

Def: E.Karlsson, D.Byfuglien???, J.Shultz, M.Streit

Goalies: T.Rask, C.Crawford

Dobber Sports Icon

Just google "fantasy hockey sim*" you should find a fair amount on them.

G - Jarry, Gustavsson