Thread: Dan Ellis

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dan Ellis

So, what lies ahead for the Twitter retiree? Been playing really good, on a team that scores at a solid pace. Any fearsome forecasts for the rest of the season? I'm not so concerned with playing time as much as I am his ability to keep the puck out of the net, which if it continues the way it is, the former won't be an issue anyway.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Tampa is going to win a lot of games period, which is why I picked him up, and while a shutout against the Leafs isn't exactly something you place on your mantle he does seem to be playing like he wants Smith not to be even considered for starts, which is a good sign. Definitely worth owning in medium to large sized leagues.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default agreed

As long as that PP unit keeps clicking, TB should challenge for a division title. The wins will come - it's the peripherals that might suffer a bit. Still thinking he can get 4-5 shutouts with 40-50 starts though.

Always felt Ellis was a goalie who needed to be the one pushed rather than the one pushing in a goalie tandem. Saw that happen for one season in Nashville, and then the next Ellis and Rinne got caught in that revolving door thing thats been going on there for the past little while.

Held on to him in my keeper pool for a while now, and only this year has he been generating any buzz on the trade front for me. TB is a good place for him (like Goldman talks about - all he needs is OPPORTUNITY) Stevie Y signed him - so he's got the GM on his side.

I'm no hockey pool guru like many of the forum hounds around here, but thinking he might be considered a top 10 goalie by this time next year? Maybe?
    12 Team $ Keeper Dynasty (top 5 get paid) - ROTO daily changes

Roster: 3C / 3LW / 3RW / 4D / 1 Util / 2 G / 5 Bn / 6 Farm
    Scoring : G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, Save %, SO

C: Crosby, Hodgson, Steen, Dubinsky
    W: Alfredsson, Nash, Hall, J. Jokinen, Michalek, D. Brown, Simmonds, Yakupov, C. Neil
    D: Edler, Carlson, Kulikov, R. Ellis, Wideman
    G: Backstrom, Harding, S. Mason, Khudobin
    Prospects (<150 GP): Tarasenko, Etem, B. Smith, Hamilton, Lack, Tokarski

Dobber Sports Veteran

Top ten may be a little wishfull think thou he has the talent to I suppose?? Regardless he is the real deal another NSH product between the pipes he has already stole the clear #1 spot from Smith who has proved that he is going to be a great backup in the NHL and thats about it!!

Ellis is the real deal, I am looking to grab him up on all the keeper leagues before his stock skyrockets

Dobber Sports Veteran

He's a legit top 20 fantasy goalie, so long as he gets more than half the starts. The only concern I have his him starting TOO MANY games, check his numbers the past couple seasons. It's not good to go from 35 to 65 starts but I think he can handle 50 without concern. Buy him cheap if you still can.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Although he got spanked tonight, I'll chalk that up as a free pass since it was the Caps. I still think I'll get some use out of him down the line. I'm glad I started his old buddy Pekka instead of him tonight, though.