Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getzlaf & Phaneuf for Horton, Sharp and Hall: REP given!

Dobber Sports Genius

Exactly..ignore the fact that it makes your team worse and do it anyway...that's like me trading Getzlaf and Perry for Ovechkin and a defenseman when i've already got 3 sick defenseman for the 3 starting positions and i'm losing out overall even though Ovechkin is the best player in the deal...repropose something else for Getzlaf that's actually beneficial to you otherwise it's a dead end street

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    Exactly..ignore the fact that it makes your team worse and do it anyway...that's like me trading Getzlaf and Perry for Ovechkin and a defenseman when i've already got 3 sick defenseman for the 3 starting positions and i'm losing out overall even though Ovechkin is the best player in the deal...repropose something else for Getzlaf that's actually beneficial to you otherwise it's a dead end street
    You're not getting the point.

Let me use an extreme example so that you understand:

Let's pretend I have Malkin + Datsyuk + Stamkos on my team.

And on defense I have Chara + a bunch of shitty defensemen.

Someone offers me Crosby for Chara... obviously I am deep at Center and shallow on defense. Do I take the deal? I'd be a moron not to.

What do I do after the deal? I deal Datsyuk or Malkin for another elite defenseman and then some.

So let's see, now my Centers have improved AND my defense has improved because I was able to steal Crosby. Get the idea?

Dobber Sports Genius

Bro it's not that though its exact the opposite...he lacks depth considerably and then wastes even more of it to get Getzlaf and another D-man when he is already stacked at D..it does not help him man which is the entire purpose of doing the deal...try and acquire Getzlaf but do it in a manner that's beneficial to his squad not one that makes him worse which is exactly what that deal does

Dobber Sports Initiate

OLD:
    Centers: Roy, Kesler, Sharp, Pavelski, Horcoff
    Wings: Horton, Hall, Versteeg, B. Ryan,Eberle
    Defense: Green, Karlsson, Doughty, Carlson
    Goalies: Mason, Lehtonen

Projected starting lineup:
    Roy, Kesler, Sharp, Horton, Ryan, Pavelski, Green, Karlsson, Doughty, Mason, Lehtonen

NEW with additions from waiver/FA:
    Centers: Getzlaf, Roy, Kesler, Steen/Stoll/Couture/Wolski, Horcoff
    Wings: Pavelski, Perron, Versteeg, B. Ryan,Eberle
    Defense: Green, Karlsson, Doughty, Carlson
    Goalies: Mason, Lehtonen
    IR: Phaneuf

Projected starting lineup:
    Getzlaf, Roy, Kesler, Pavelski, Perron, Ryan, Green, Doughty, Karlsson, Mason, Lehtonen

Gives you time to see who does best of Carlson/Karlsson as well, and work out a trade in time for Phaneufs return. Move Carlson/Karlsson+Versteeg for a better winger.

You would be starting Getzlaf, Perron instead of Sharp, Horton

Maybe I'm a little off at who to pick up and start, but it looks like a good trade to me.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Genius

He wants to do it fine...but then turn right around and trade Doughty for a serious forward option cause he is much too thin up front to make much of a dent on anyone offensively with Getzlaf, Ryan, and then a 65 point Kesler as his #3 option out of 8-10 forwards on his roster..why not jsut try and Get Getzlaf for cheaper than the cost of both Horton and Sharp since Phaneuf is a wasted addition...try and do it for Sharp and Pavelski or Sharp and Roy

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think it is a pretty close trade which is why there are parties for and against it. My team is sitting in 3rd place and I am not doing so bad, actually. Goalies only count for 2 categories (W,SV%) so most of the cats I have been winning are offensive ones. Sharp has been shooting like crazy giving me a huge boost there. For me the breakdown is:

Can Sharp continue at nearly a similar pace as he has started out?
    Can Horton stay off the IR?
    I think Hall will be streaky so losing him doesn't hurt so much.

Getzlaf is the best player in the deal and a multi-cat stud.
    Phaneuf is also a solid accross the board contributor (though how long will he be out?)

So losing those 2 will set me back in the goal scoring and SOG for sure.
    However I feel like I will be gaining in PIMs.

I nearly pulled a Doughty/Sharp for Backstrom (forward) a couple weeks ago. Maybe I can pull a Getzlaf/Karlsson for Backstrom... that is also something to consider, no?

All and all I am pretty torn on this...

Dobber Sports Padawan

bump...''''''''

Dobber Sports Genius

Bro you need additional depth up front...if you want Getzlaf make it so you are not losing two of your 3 best forwards in the process...or better yet seek out people who are shit on D and 2 for 1 a defnseman and a forward for a forward upgrade...you don't make deals on popular opinion you make then on logic, ration, and objective fact...you are not helping yourself with the Getzlaf deal as is ...repropose Roy and Sharp for him or Sharp and a D-man for him or or Ryan and Roy for him or basically anything not involving losing 2 out of Horton Sharp and Ryan for Getzlaf and an extra defenseman whom you have little use for and doesn't address your need in improving up front...otherwise find a better trade partner and work out something with him instead

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ok, I proposed him the following 3 deal (he's an Oilers fan):

Sharp and Hall for Getzlaf

Horton and Hall for Getzlaf

Sharp, Horton, Hall, Doughty and Steve Mason for Getzlaf, Vanek, Parise, Phaneuf and Halak

These seem a bit more reasonable, ya think?

Dobber Sports Genius

yeah all are better but he likely will pass on all of them...give me his full roster and i'll tell you what to propose to where he'll realistically accept

Dobber Sports Padawan

Here is his team:

Zach Parise (NJ - W) - IR
    Ryan Getzlaf (Anh - C)
    Chris Pronger (Phi - D)
    Mike Richards (Phi - C)
    Dion Phaneuf (Tor - D) - IR
    Jaroslav Halak (StL - G)
    Thomas Vanek (Buf - W)
    Scott Hartnell (Phi - W)
    Alexander Frolov (NYR - W)
    Jonathan Quick (LA - G)
    Jay Bouwmeester (Cgy - D)
    Evander Kane
    Derick Brassard
    Dennis Wideman
    Tyler Ennis (Buf - C,W)
    David Perron (StL - W)
    Jistin Williams

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by vangregs View Post
    Ok, I proposed him the following 3 deal (he's an Oilers fan):

Sharp and Hall for Getzlaf

Horton and Hall for Getzlaf

Sharp, Horton, Hall, Doughty and Steve Mason for Getzlaf, Vanek, Parise, Phaneuf and Halak

These seem a bit more reasonable, ya think?
    Not the last one!
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by vangregs View Post
    Here is his team:

Zach Parise (NJ - W) - IR
    Ryan Getzlaf (Anh - C)
    Chris Pronger (Phi - D)
    Mike Richards (Phi - C)
    Dion Phaneuf (Tor - D) - IR
    Jaroslav Halak (StL - G)
    Thomas Vanek (Buf - W)
    Scott Hartnell (Phi - W)
    Alexander Frolov (NYR - W)
    Jonathan Quick (LA - G)
    Jay Bouwmeester (Cgy - D)
    Evander Kane
    Derick Brassard
    Dennis Wideman
    Tyler Ennis (Buf - C,W)
    David Perron (StL - W)
    Jistin Williams
    Given your league set up (2C 3W 1U per team in 12 team, counts PIM and PPP and SOG) Getzlaf is a monster, and I would make most of these trades happen. When I first read the thread, I thought, "yes, of course." But your W depth is bad, especially with only 36 starting. I'm surprised at your list of WW wingers...

Given that, leave Phaneuf out of it (though as others are intimating above, I suspect dumping Phaneuf is part of the other guy's rationale for the trade offer). I am in the camp that this is a good time to sell on Sharp, and probably Horton, too (if you'd asked me last week I would have said definitely, but I went to a game Friday and he looked great on the ice, really flying and meshing with his teammates). If you could get Getz and Williams for Sharp, Horton, and Hall, and then snag a decent W from WW, I'd go for it.

As for the "best deal regardless of roster" debate - this almost completely depends on the other GMs in the league. Some leagues it will be easy to move a top asset for a fair price, and thus re-balance your team, but in many cases people won't make a trade even if it's a good one for them, especially if they see that your team is unbalanced and thus that you're over a barrel to some extent in the negotiations. If you have a specific plan to flip the asset in the next few weeks (or 2 or 3 hazy plans) based on other teams' needs or desires (people like Getz inspire man-crushes, as you seem to know..) fine, but don't put yourself in too deep of a hole. In roto, such unbalancing trades are very risky, but in a H2H like yours, you can often afford to have a weaker team for the time it takes to flip and re-balance to have a better team in the long run. Just make sure you don't miss the playoffs!
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

Horton Sharp and Horcoff/Hall (preferably horcoff)...for Getzlaf Parise Brassard/Evander Kane (preferably Brassard) he should bite on that particularly as an EDM fan and your getting good enough value for what your paying right now to get you by and ridiculous value overall when Parise returns
    Last edited by MT319; November 10, 2010 at 6:13 AM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

He won't take any other deal so its

Getz & Phaneuf for Sharp, Horton and Hall

I wonder if trading Karlsson for Savard or Giroux would help me and even things out.

So iin the end it could look like this:

I give Sharp, Horton, Karlsson and Hall

I get Getzlaf, Giroux (or Savard), Phaneuf and FA (Steen, Wolski, Gagner, Weiss, Frolov, Stoll)

How does that look on paper?