Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taking Q's - Sunday, Nov. 7 - Anniversary Day!

I...am your father.

Default Taking Q's - Sunday, Nov. 7 - Anniversary Day!

I"ll answer the first 10...

OOPS - got the date wrong - It's November 7, but can't edit my subject line (weird...)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

Better type this quick....

The Jackets are starting to score a little - do you think the Brassard-Nash-Voracek line will keep producing, and how do you see Brassard and Voracek progressing over the next few years? Are they 70+ point guys?

Thanks a lot Dobber!

(I hope you wanted the Q's now...?)
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Super Moderator

Congrats again, Dobber. Just one thing - it's November 7th.

My question is if you think Fleury will regain his "form" by the new year. I know the sucks big time right now and they should absolutey ride Johnson, but you think this whole year is a write off for Fleury?

Thanks!

Edit: Changed the date for you, Dobber!
    Last edited by smack; November 7, 2010 at 2:58 PM.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ladd and Callahan are on the waiver wire.
    We have only 2 picks for the season.
    Is dropping Zherdev for either is a good idea?
    Thank you!!!
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Dobber,

What are your thoughts on Jeremy Morin this year? Would he be worth a speculative pick (once back from this current injury) in a league as deep as mine is in my sig?

How would you rate his upside for the future?
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Better type this quick....

The Jackets are starting to score a little - do you think the Brassard-Nash-Voracek line will keep producing, and how do you see Brassard and Voracek progressing over the next few years? Are they 70+ point guys?

Thanks a lot Dobber!

(I hope you wanted the Q's now...?)
    I do - but I thought it would be Filatov on that line. Nash on the line makes it even more appealing. The line will fly as long as Brassard stays healthy (big if). I would start to get antsy about Brassard by January.

Yes, they should be 70-plus players in a year or two. Definitely Voracek. With Brassard, again, it depends on if he can string together 75-plus-game seasons.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Congrats again, Dobber. Just one thing - it's November 7th.

My question is if you think Fleury will regain his "form" by the new year. I know the sucks big time right now and they should absolutey ride Johnson, but you think this whole year is a write off for Fleury?

Thanks!

Edit: Changed the date for you, Dobber!

That's a crystal ball question, but I do believe that the team will keep throwing him out there. I also believe the team is a 50-win team. So the math tells me that he'll turn it around, but 15 games in and it hasn't happened yet. If he still doesn't get going by mid-January, then they'll start leaning on Johnson for three-quarters of the games.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Ladd and Callahan are on the waiver wire.
    We have only 2 picks for the season.
    Is dropping Zherdev for either is a good idea?
    Thank you!!!
    If points carry over, then I would wait. If they don't, then I would rather roll the dice on Ladd and make the move.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Hey Dobber,

What are your thoughts on Jeremy Morin this year? Would he be worth a speculative pick (once back from this current injury) in a league as deep as mine is in my sig?

How would you rate his upside for the future?
    I think he can be an 85-point star, but I don't expect Jack nor Squat out of him this season. I would be surprised if he plays 15 games in the NHL this year. Next year, however, Calder candidate.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

What's your take on Teddy Purcell and Nathan Gerbe after a month of hockey?

Do you still see them hitting their upsides mentioned in the prospect and draft guide?
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Take some early guesses at each team's #1 goaltender for the 2011-2012 season:

CHI:
    DET:
    PHI:
    PHO:
    SJ:
    WAS:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

With Savard still out and Krecji possibly having a concussion, what do you project for Bergeron and Seguin this year?

Also is Byfuglien going to keep up this pace?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    What's your take on Teddy Purcell and Nathan Gerbe after a month of hockey?

Do you still see them hitting their upsides mentioned in the prospect and draft guide?
    I'm extremely happy with both of them. Although Purcell still has a ways to go if he wants to avoid 'bust' status. If he can pull off 40-plus points this season, then he'll build on that and earn himself a contract worthy of top six ice time. That's what he needs to do and if he does that he can grow into being a 70-point guy. If not, he'll fade like an Andrew Ebbett.

Gerbe, I mentioned this in the ramblings a couple of weeks ago, but he's right on track for a small guy. He's sticking in the NHL, he'll get 20 points and look brilliant at times. Next year will be more of the same. Then from out of nowhere, two years from now, he'll startle us with his numbers. That's how I've always seen it.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Take some early guesses at each team's #1 goaltender for the 2011-2012 season:

CHI:
    DET:
    PHI:
    PHO:
    SJ:
    WAS:
    Crawford - 60% certain
    Howard - 75% certain
    Still be a controversy - with Leighton and Bobby splitting starts
    Bryzgalov - 99%
    Niittymaki - they really like him - 75%
    Neuvirth - 60% - look for Varly to get dealt in 14-16 months

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    With Savard still out and Krecji possibly having a concussion, what do you project for Bergeron and Seguin this year?

Also is Byfuglien going to keep up this pace?
    Seguin looks really good now - wow. Pad his projection by another 10 points, and more if Krejci is out longer than three weeks. He could get 65. Bergeron maybe 55 points. He's not the same player offensively that he once was, and injury is always a risk.

Buffy - no. But 55 points is doable.