Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Erik Johnson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Erik Johnson

I know he has been mentioned in a handful of threads lately, but do people think that he is going to really break out from where he is at now? I have him on two teams and just wonder if this is less of a slow start and more of a sign of things to come this season? Sounds like Pietrangelo may be stealing some thunder from him?

I know everyone is and has been very high on EJ and thinks he will be a star someday, but as time goes on does this become a little less likely?

I have him also. Sometimes d-men take a while to develop. He had 39 points and 79 PIM in his first full season(more than 75 GP) so I think that is a sign of things to come. I still have faith.
    C: E. Staal/Krejci/Kessler/Brassard/Tavares
    RW: Iginla/Hornqvist/Backes
    LW: Pacioretty/Ennis/Zetterberg
    D: Doughty/Chara/Phaneuf/Kronwall
    G: Brodeur/Pavelec/Luongo/Lundqvist
    IR: Markov/Brassard/Streit
    Farm:N. Filatov,N. Kadri,A. Salak,A. Loktionov,L. Leblanc, V. Voynov,J Gardiner, H. Karlsson, J. Morin

H2H Dynasty
    Cats G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/GWG/SOG//W/GAA/SV%/SHO

He is still a great prospect, but I think some people may have gotten carried away with all the hype around such a high pick. He should develop into a solid 50 pt dman, with good supporting stats, but I wouldn't expect any HUGE offensive numbers. As mentioned, especially with Pietriangelo hovering around.

-cheers
    Zach Parise is my hero

-West Coast!!

Champ!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yup EJ is a great prospect if you can still classify him as that - I think he is so young and still developing - his season was good last year and we are so few games into this year that it is far too early to get an indication of how it is going to go for him.

This guys has all the tools required to become an elite D-Man. I will hang on to him for years to come as he slowly becomes the next Chris Pronger
    10 team Keepers league 18 man roster (+1 UFA-FCFS)/protect 13. Auto Count top 6 Fwd, 3 def and 1 keeper. Points only(def goals = 2pts). Keepers in Bold

Fwd: N.Backstrom, D.Sedin, C. Perry, E.Malkin, C.Giroux, J.Eberle, J.Drouin, V.Nichushkin, J.Tavares

Def: E.Karlsson, D.Byfuglien???, J.Shultz, M.Streit

Goalies: T.Rask, C.Crawford

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by blunas View Post
    I know he has been mentioned in a handful of threads lately, but do people think that he is going to really break out from where he is at now? I have him on two teams and just wonder if this is less of a slow start and more of a sign of things to come this season? Sounds like Pietrangelo may be stealing some thunder from him?

I know everyone is and has been very high on EJ and thinks he will be a star someday, but as time goes on does this become a little less likely?
    Id rather have his brother.

Dobber Sports Legend

Erik Johnson is a complete player who is developing his skills and learning good habits. It will be a couple more years until he hits 50 but he will get there and will be steady for a long time.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Magnificent One

yeah i think this guy is the future of this team. the issue right now is they are struggling to score and get that offense going. so they do what most teams do run 4 forwards on the powerplay and 1 dman. EJ is not on that first PP unit bc he has more of an offensive role when he is out there or atleast should. until they balance there PP out and he gets back on that PP unit look for EJ to start slow. but he points will come. i think he will round out to atlease 35 points this season. i am still hoping for 40+ but we have to try to control ourselves at times.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

I think I made a great buy low sell high move by trading Ak46 and Coliacovo for Ej, Stillman and Osullivan but EJ has yet to produce since the move. I hope everyone is right and EJ develops into a 50 point damn but he is off to a rough start this season.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I kept him over Goli, Bogosian and Yandle in my latest keeper draft.....

Re-drafted Yandle...but hopefully that gives you an idea of what I think.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoad12 View Post
    This guys has all the tools required to become an elite D-Man. I will hang on to him for years to come as he slowly becomes the next Chris Pronger
    My thoughs exactly. Expecting a Pronger-esque development and upside from him.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The problem with EJ (fantasy-wise) has nothing to do with his skill.
    The problem is that STL has Halak, who is great, and now STL only NEEDS a couple of goals to win a game. If you are a solid two-way defenseman, the coach is probably pushing you to focus, focus, focus on the defensive game. Let the forwards score.

Of course, this is just an imaginary conversation I've had between EJ & Payne... but I think Halak's success will translate into a less-offensive year for EJ. Maybe 32pts,

Cause & Effect.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Lack of opportunity in conjunction with the type of game the Blues are playing, as Pengwin mentions, are the real culprits here. The skill is absolutely there and EJ is playing just fine from what I've seen. He's not getting enough PP time and the team in general isn't scoring a whole lot because they don't have to. He's also a victim of being a good two-way guy on a team with a couple more one dimensional players. EJ's icetime is high as it is. I try to always believe that talent wins out in the end and I'm trying to cling to that here, but, Payne has stubbornly avoided top PP time for EJ for over a year now (by and large). Its frustrating, but there's almost too great a body of less-than-stellar work from EJ over the past 13 months to trade the guy now. He's just going to take a bit longer to get to where his high skill level will allow him to go.
    12 H2H Pts - Keep 17 + 8 Farm
    Points for: G,A,PPP,SHP,D Points,+/-,S,PIM,HIT,BLKS; Wins,SO,OTL,S,GA

C(3): Getzlaf,Lecavalier,Berglund,Granlund*
    RW(3): Perry,Wheeler,Franzen(LW),Hemsky,Little
    LW(3): Zetterberg(C),Marleau,Duchene(C),Clowe(RW)
    D (6): Seabrook,Kronwall,Zidlicky,Giordano,Faulk*,Diaz*,W ilson*
    G (2): Luongo,Smith,Neuvirth

Farm (<200 GP/<100 GP goalie):
    C: Kuznetsov,Hartikainen
    W: Paajarvi,Greening
    D: Kostka,Martinez,
    G: Bishop,Gibson,Johnson

Dobber Sports Pro

Not sure if this is breaking news or not, but EJ just isnt that great on the PP. It sucked last yr for a few reasons, him being one of them. He's just avg at this pt as a PP QB. I think he needs a partner on the PP that can mask his shortcomings. That being said, Steen isnt much better as a point man either.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I just traded EJ for Markov...i know im giving up years, but I think Pietro is going to be the go to guy on the PP and teams do not like to put 2 right shots on the point on the PP for obvious reasons and they love Steen back there, so I think EJ will be a rock that gets 40 pts a year, however I hoping that Markov gets 50+ for the next 3 years, and last year in 45 games he had 5 fewer pts than EJ. Im going for the wint his year and next.
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer