Thread: Canadiens?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Canadiens?

So, I understand there is a pretty heavy thing between Sergei Samsonov and the Habs, whats going to happen to this guy? Are they going to trade him away? He\'s relatively young, and he\'s pretty decent..any projections on this guy? Appreciate your insight guys

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re:Canadiens?

i am pretty sure that the habs will buy his contract.

No team want this guy, habs put him earlier this year on the waiver, and nobody claim him

Dobber Sports Stud

poulin wrote:
    i am pretty sure that the habs will buy his contract. No team want this guy, habs put him earlier this year on the waiver, and nobody claim him
    I agree that they\'ll buy him out, but what nobody wanted this year was his contract. If he\'s willing to sign for $1.5 somewhere, I think he\'ll find some takers. If he\'s willing to sign for less, I\'m sure of it. He\'ll probably receive more lucrative offers from Russian clubs though, so I wouldn\'t be surprised to see him go back.

If Samsonov signs somewhere halfway-decent, I\'ll be keeping an eye on the FA wire to see if he turns up. Many will likely disagree, but I do not believe that another 70 point season is entirely out of the question. I\'m not predicting it of course, but the NHL\'s such a \'what have you done for me lately\' environment, I think people forget how incredibly skilled he is. You don\'t just lose that. For whatever reason, Montreal was a terrible environment for him to play in.
    T.G.

I...am your father.

I agree that they will probably have to buy him out, but Bob Gainey just stated that he believes that a trade is a possibility.

In my books, for it to be a possibility, the Habs would need to take on a $1.5 million salary (at least) in return.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi