Thread: Keepers trade - Advices needed

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Keepers trade - Advices needed

I know it\'s a bit early for this, but I was looking at my potential keepers yesterday and realized that I would probably have more then the EIGHT you\'re allowed to keep. Spezza, Backstrom (WSH), Vanek, Nash, Gaborik, Radulov, RyWhitney, T. Kaberle, E. Johnson, Lundqvist are definitely good ones and Hemsky, Redden, Ward and even Pitkanen are other decent options.

To avoid losing them for nothing, should I look at doing 2 for 1 trades with these guys involved? If so, who should I package and who should I target with the guys I have?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

you should always be looking for 2 for 1 deals... Upgrades are key in limited keeper leagues. What type of player/position are you targeting?
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Giant

I really don\'t know. As I said it\'s more that I\'ve realized that I would have too many keepers and that I don\'t want to lose them for nothing. Anywhere up-front would be good as I think I have a good dmen and goalie keepers.

Dobber Sports Giant

One trade I was thinking about is Spezza and either Nash or one of my dmen for Malkin. One of my other goal would be to give away Gaborik as I\'m a bit tired of his health issue.

I...am your father.

If you could do Gaborik and Nash for Malkin, you\'d be laughing. Give that a go...but if you are in the money right now, you have to make sure a deal doesn\'t take you out of it.

Pitkanen is not a keeper right now. Hemsky and maybe Redden are the only ones in that second list I would look at.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks D! Even if it would be a good trade, I\'m pretty sure Gaborik/Nash for Malkin won\'t work. I\'m currently in 5th place and to be honest, I really don\'t see myself winning it this year.

Even if I don\'t keep anybody from the second list, I would still have 10 potentiel keepers.

Any other suggestion of fair trade you can give me?

Dobber Sports Giant

I\'ve just spoken with Malkin\'s owner and I should forgot him. He said he won\'t never trade him.

However, I might have found another potentiel trade partner:

C - Ojokinen, Marleau, Stastny, Carter
    LW - Blake, Avery, Huselius, Fedotenko
    RW - Heatley (LW), Horton ( C ), Hossa, Dumont
    D - Campbell, Bergeron, Liles, Aucoin, Keith, Kubina
    G - Giguere, Vokoun, Osgood, Khabibulin

This guys has both Hossa and Heatley and doesn\'t have a great Dsquad. Would Gaborik and Nash be enough for Hossa? Should I add Redden and take weaker dmen from him?