Thread: Top waiver Dman - Wisnewski or Burns

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Top waiver Dman - Wisnewski or Burns

My worst Dman is Kubina (Team 1 in sig) and I have the opportunity to pick up Wisnewski or Burns to replace him.

It's tricky though, I only have 16 waiver pickups (4 have already be used)...so is the extra production worth it or do you anticipate that Kubina can keep pace with them?

My gut tells me to run after Wisnewski right now as he continues to man a very strong NYI PP...

Other notable DMan are: Robidas, Taormina, Franson, and Gilbert
    Last edited by kenzle1r; October 27, 2010 at 6:03 PM.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Stud

You've already used a quarter of your moves and the season is less than a month old. I'd sit tight. I'd rather have a d-man on the power play with Stamkos, St Louis and Vinny than a d-man on the power play with the Isles.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ordinarily I'd like Robidas here, he has great +/-, but the Dallas PP has been sucking. Have to think they'll figure it out, though. Still think he's the best of the Dallas D.

Hate to give up Kubina though, I think I'd punt Arnott before him. Center is about the easiest position and Arnott is getting a little long in the tooth.

Edit: As far as Wiz vs. Burns, give me Wiz. Better offense around him there. I think Minn. is a mirage.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

The best course of action is to just stand pat. I don't like Wiz or Burns enough to drop Kubina for either one at this point. There's still time to be patient with Kubina.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I didn't want to jump the gun seeing as the season is still very young, and I almost pulled the trigger on Wisnewski. I'll stand pat on Kubina and hope he closes the gap on the top waiver-wire Dman.

PS - This is exactly why I love Dobber Nation...it gives us the opportunity to get a sobber (sometimes not so sobber) second thought.

Cheers!
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)