Thread: more upside

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default more upside

Hudler or Brule?? what do you see as their point totals going forward?? I think I might try and strike a deal for hudler I think he is better off getting traded and out of babcocks system but i have a hunch on this guy. what do you guys think??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re:more upside

Huddler, hes gonna have a place soon with zetterberg and datsyuk on the first line, and brulé is stock in columbus for a while, so detroit or columbus?? Brulé have good potential but theres no player is clb that could help him to produce like he should

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Huddler, hes gonna have a place soon with zetterberg and datsyuk on the first line,
    Did you read that somewhere ? Cuz i was planning to get Holmstrom in late rounds (i dont really like this guy but he got 24 goals 7 +/- in his last 42 games playing with Zett and Dats)
    Roto league $$$, auction league, limited keeper max 3 years
    G, A, Sog, Pim, Hits, +/-, Stpts
    Wins, Gaa, save%

12 forwards
    5 def
    3 goalers
    10 utility

Dobber Sports Stud

Having always been very high on Hudler (even before seeing Dobber\'s 95-point upside prediction), a year ago I might still have said Brule.

But that was before seeing how JH stepped up when so many Detroit players went down to injury, and how ineffectual GB was when given every opportunity to step up and fulfill his obvious potential.

After seeing JH outscore GB despite playing ten minutes a game, and in particular seeing him dominate those couple of games when handed real responsibility late in the season, I\'m definitely on the Hudler bandwagon. If he weren\'t three years older than GB, I\'d think it a no-brainer.

If Hudler gets the ice time, he could hit 50 pts next season. Brule, 30-40... but he could certainly also hit 50 if he gets his head in the game. But I think Brule\'s is the bigger \"if\".

EDIT: I don\'t see him on the first line next season. He might be ready for that, but Babcock almost certainly isn\'t ready to put him there. I do agree with Zorro that he\'d be better off elsewhere, but if they were going to trade him, I think they would have done it at this year\'s trading deadline.

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/05/08 13:22
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I acutally just bought up a bunch of Hudler rookie cards. His stock is so low right now that it can\'t not be a good investment with the kind of future he has ahead.

Anyways, as for Brule vs. Hudler... Hudler, being much older, is going to be better first. But I still like Brule, injuries aside. He should not be in the NHL right now- junior would be much better for his confidence, his biggest issue bar none right now.