Thread: Suggested defence FA pickups

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Suggested defence FA pickups

Keeper league, 15 teams. Limit of 2 UFA pickups, points collect from time of pickup.

Units are forwards, defence and goal.

Skaters get point per, well, point.

Scoring as based on top 9 forwards, top 4 defencemen and top goalie.

I am sitting in the middle of the league, moved from the 2nd to 8th place on the heels of a very bad week, including Ovechkin not getting any points.

My Defence:
    Karlsson, Foster, Barker, Ekman-Larsson, Lidstrom, Suter.

Foster and Ekman-Larsson are below the scoring bar. Are there any available FA defencemen that, in your opinion, would be a better fit moving forward? I like the idea of keeping OEL for now but am open to be convinced otherwise.

Available UFA D-men
    Rozsival, Michal
    Gorges, Josh
    Methot, Marc
    Taormina, Matt
    Clark, Brett
    Franson, Cody
    Komisarek, Mike
    Montador, Steve
    Aucoin, Adrian
    Stuart, Brad
    Jurcina, Milan
    Girardi, Dan
    Fowler, Cam
    Mitchell, Willie
    Mottau, Mike
    Oduya, Johnny
    Regehr, Robyn
    Corvo, Joe
    Daley, Trevor
    Schenn, Luke
    Last edited by neksys; October 29, 2010 at 12:53 PM.

Dobber Sports Pro

From a keeper standpoint you would seriously have to consider Fowler before someone snatches him up. I'm not sure what he will do you this year, but seems to be in a good situation in Anaheim and projects to be a stud in the near future.

MacLiii

I would certainly consider both Fowler and Taormina over Foster

Dobber Sports Ninja

If it's a full keeper, then maybe picking up Fowler for Barker might be something I would do. If it's a limited keeper, I'd likely be picking up Rozsival and dropping Barker. I heard that Rozsival is being encouraged to play more offensively this year.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Novice

Rozsival got nabbed before I got to him. Fowler is ineligible for FA due to his age, I should have mentioned that.

Still, I'm losing my patience with Foster.

Willie Mitchell isn't known for his offence but he has 5 points in 10 games. Right now even he looks more appealing.

But what about Steve Montador or Josh Gorges? 6 points in 10 games and 5 in 9 games, respectively.

Either of those guys a better fit in a limited keeper?
    15 team keeper league, points only. G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3 (+2 for the W). Scoring based on top 9F, 4D, 1G. Free agents are any available player over the age of 23. Limit 2 FA signings. Points count from time of trade or FA signing. Roster freeze is NHL trade deadline. 10 keepers (+2 prospects) at end of year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I hate to pimp out Taormina because I don't personally like him but the truth is that if the Devils ever get hot, he could score LOADS of points on the PP. You should at least consider him.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by neksys View Post
    Rozsival got nabbed before I got to him. Fowler is ineligible for FA due to his age, I should have mentioned that.

Still, I'm losing my patience with Foster.

Willie Mitchell isn't known for his offence but he has 5 points in 10 games. Right now even he looks more appealing.

But what about Steve Montador or Josh Gorges? 6 points in 10 games and 5 in 9 games, respectively.

Either of those guys a better fit in a limited keeper?
    This isn't what you want to hear, but have some patience with Foster. Montador, Gorges and Mitchell are NOT the answer and you will regret dropping Foster for any of them.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket