Thread: 1 keeper : Niemi, Dipietro or Johnson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default 1 keeper : Niemi, Dipietro or Johnson

H2H, full keeper. I'm not competing this season and I have the choice to get one of those 3. I have Rask for the near future, and Stalock and Allen in 3 years...

Wich goalie should I target?
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Wizard

Nobody in that group really rings my bell. I'd go Niemi out of the three if I took one of them.

Johnson is a career backup and probably won't unseat MAF, even though he's outplayed him so far. DiPietro is DiPietro, plus the Isles most likely come back to earth making wins hard to come by. Throw in the injury history and I'd look elsewhere.

That leaves Niemi. So far, and it's still early, but it's entirely possible last years run was a flash in the pan. I wouldn't write him off yet, but I wouldn't be in too big a hurry to pick him up either.

The other thing to weigh in all of this is the fact you said your not competing this year so you could afford to gamble on Niemi. Who knows he may turn things around yet.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....