Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chicleteur - Shoeless Hellfish Hockey Challenge

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Chicleteur - Shoeless Hellfish Hockey Challenge

This coming week Chicleteur (Flames) and Shoeless (Leafs) are going H2H in the Hellfish Hockey League. They challenge one and all to guess the outcome of the match.

A donation in the form of 5 - $50 (US) start-up deposits to educational savings accounts (Alcedia Bank) for 5 very poor kids in Cambodia will be made in the winner's name and the winner will also receive a $20 credit in the Dobberhockey shop.

Tiebreaker: Draw names from Chic's dirty sock.

1 guess per customer please.

So here are the cats (10 in all) - G, A, +/-, PIM's, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV's, SV% - start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2G daily - play same day waiver pickups and farm promotions.

Here are the teams:

Flames (Chicleteur)

C: Crosby, O. Jokinen, Stepan*, Cullen
    LW: Filatov*, Booth, Wolski, McDonald, vanek
    RW: Little, St. Louis, Voracek, Backes, Havlat
    D: Goligoski, E. Johnson, Enstrom, Franson*
    G: S. Mason, Anderson
    F: Tavares, Benn, McBain, J. Bernier, Crawford
    *farm eligible

Leafs (Shoeless)

C: Stastny, Duchene, Getzlaf, Stoll
    LW: Penner, A. Kostitisyn, Nash, Latendresse
    RW: Perry, Eriksson, Ju Williams, Hemsky
    D: Pronger, McCabe, Letang, Gilbert
    G: Howard, Hiller, Boucher, Gustavsson*
    F: Eller, Boedker, Kabanov, Tangradi, Lehner

Guess away!!!
    Last edited by Shoeless; October 24, 2010 at 9:42 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Shoeless: Flames 6, Leafs 4
    mister_mcgoo: Leafs 5, Flames 4
    shakedown: Flames 5, Leafs 5
    Chicleteur: Leafs 6, Flames 4
    Smack: Leafs 7, Flames 3
    GM Gates: Leafs 6, Flames 4
    little_boyes_semin: Leafs 8, Flames 2
    Bomm Bastic: Leafs 6, Flames 4
    Last edited by Shoeless; October 27, 2010 at 6:29 PM.

Banned

I'll say 5-4-1 in favor of you Shoeless

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm gonna go with 5-5

Dobber Sports Giant

Really good idea!

I noticed you guess a 6-4 win for me, but honestly, I predict the same for you, so I'll go with a 6-4 win for you my friend.

Our matchups were close last year and I'm sure this will be another good one.

Good luck Rick!

Super Moderator

I apologize, Chic, but I'm going to have to go with Leafs winning 7-3.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

I'll say 6-4 in favor of Leafs.

Good luck and very nice challenge!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just to be different I'll go 8-2 Leafs (but I was thinking 7-3 with a sweep in player categories)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Really good idea!

I noticed you guess a 6-4 win for me, but honestly, I predict the same for you, so I'll go with a 6-4 win for you my friend.

Our matchups were close last year and I'm sure this will be another good one.

Good luck Rick!

I was kinda going on the basis of your week against CJ - looked like a 6-4 in your favor compared to my scores. Didn't get into player schedules or anything. I figure you have an advantage in being able to move guys up and down with your two rosters - should be able to get more games in. With the new rules and procedures, the farm team has really just become a bench for the pro team and I got caught napping.

Should be fun - hoping for some hot players this week to give you a run for it. Think I am going to risk dropping Gus to the farm and see if I can add a few more SOG - I don't seem to do well in that department with this team.

The kid's picture is attached - got a message back from the mom - "It was never even a dream that my kid's would be able to go to university - now it's a wonderful dream."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    With the new rules and procedures, the farm team has really just become a bench for the pro team and I got caught napping.
    This changes everything!

Dobber Sports Giant

I was kinda going on the basis of your week against CJ - looked like a 6-4 in your favor compared to my scores. Didn't get into player schedules or anything. I figure you have an advantage in being able to move guys up and down with your two rosters - should be able to get more games in. With the new rules and procedures, the farm team has really just become a bench for the pro team and I got caught napping.

Should be fun - hoping for some hot players this week to give you a run for it. Think I am going to risk dropping Gus to the farm and see if I can add a few more SOG - I don't seem to do well in that department with this team.

The kid's picture is attached - got a message back from the mom - "It was never even a dream that my kid's would be able to go to university - now it's a wonderful dream."
    Oh sure! Being able to call up and move down farm players almost instantly really helps and it also helps that I have 2-3 farm eligible players on my pro team.

I also haven't done the full matchup analysis, but I do find that your top players are better than mine. That's mainly the reason why I'm not sure I might not win. On the other hand, CJ has better top players than mine and I won 7-3...

Anyway, like I said, it should be fun!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

One adjustment I made to my team - I dropped Gustavsson to the farm, released Boedker and added Matt Carle to my lineup. Barring injury - I think that should be my moves for the week.

Chic - you aren't very lucky to start the week with your goalies - they aren't getting to play. Don't worry though - my guys can't win a game anyway so SV's is likely the only category I will have an advantage in.

Thought more guys would jump in on this contest - we had lots for the Smack/Shoeless duel last year. Well let's not announce the status of the match for a day or two - maybe more will give us a guess.

Banned

I meant to ask you Shoeless, how do we contribute to your fund for the kids? Do you have a paypal account setup or anything? I'd like to kick in some cash to help out, I'm sure many others would as well...we've had a foster child for 6-7 years now, its incredible how much of difference a few bucks can make

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah it's pretty incredible what a small amount of cash does over there. I don't have anything set up to flow cash through. It's complicated and of course transparency is always an issue when you are dealing with charitable things. PayPal won't send money into Cambodia at this time and to set up an account here in Korea is doable but I twitch a little at doing that for obvious reasons - prefer not to control that kind of account if at all avoidable.

The bank fees on small amounts just aren't worth doing a bank transfer to the NGO's account that I support. I lump local donations I receive here and my own donation together every couple of months to avoid the leakage.

There is an arm of the NGO that is moving towards chartitable status in Canada and once that happens the avenue for making cost effective donations will open up. Not sure how far along they are with that but I will check in with them.

For now. I am throwing $50 at them in your name McGoo - you owe me -

Banned

For now. I am throwing $50 at them in your name McGoo - you owe me -
    haha, OK sounds good, as soon as you can figure out a good way to do it let us know, I'll get you back...Barring that we're going to find a make our way over to S.E. Asia in the next couple years so I'll owe you some beers...actually probably a TON of beers, what do they cost there, 25 cents?