Thread: Rask for Fleury

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Rask for Fleury

I've got problems in net with Steve Mason, Jon Bernier, and Tukka Rask.

I was hoping on a turnaround season with Mason and Rask was my stud - but everyone knows what's going on with Boston these days.

I have an offer to take Fleury for Rask. Yes I'm losing out on stats like GAA and SV% but I am getting the security of Fleury as a legit #1 goalie (despite what's going on with Pittsburgh).

There are so many variables to this thing as it could go so many ways. What do you guys think?

W, SV%, GAA, SHO - Goalie Stats in the league
    10 Team Keeper League - 5 Keeper Players
    H2H, 12 Teams, 4 Keepers
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6BN
    G, A, P, SHP, PPP, +/-, SOG, GWG, W, SV, GA, SHO

Logan Couture, Ben Bishop, Braden Holtby, Henrik Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

you have to stick with Rask if its a keeper league...Thomas is gone no matter what after this season and Rask is a fantasy franchise goalie...I have Fluery on my team in my most important keeper league league and I cant find anyone to take him off my hands...I would take Rask in a flat second

Dobber Sports Expert

I think this is a great deal for you. Fleury is a perfect buy low candidat right now, his price will never be cheaper again. I'm absolutely sure he will be No1 very soon again, they won't lean on Johnson for to long.

Fleury should get a lot more credit than he gets here, yes his play is brutaly inconstistant, but he has everything it takes to be a great goalie, and he allready proofed how good he is. You won't find many goalies who were pulled in a terrible game 5 in the stanley cup finals and then come back with two terrific games to win the cup!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That's one of the reasons I think he gets this reputation (stanley cup run). His regular season stats have historically been average. He's on one of the best future teams you can get - but its an offense-driven team.

I think Rask has the better future, but Fleury has a better chance to help me win this year.

Its still a tough call. Right now I'm sticking with Rask...but I'm just curious what other people think of this...
    H2H, 12 Teams, 4 Keepers
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6BN
    G, A, P, SHP, PPP, +/-, SOG, GWG, W, SV, GA, SHO

Logan Couture, Ben Bishop, Braden Holtby, Henrik Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Novice

as an owner of both, i would say, do not take this deal. Once rask takes over the number 1 spot permanently, likely next year, his wins will match or exceed MAF and he will get more SO's and will have better %'s.
    budsfan17
    D--Pts (3)
    All Skaters -- Hits (.15), BS (.1) PPG/SHG (1), SO GWG (5)
    Goal --G (10), A (3), GP (0.15) Saves (.01), W (4), SO (2), OTL (1)

10 Keepers
    Malkin, Stamkos, Neal, Spezza, Voracek, Yakupov
    Goligoski, Shattenkirk, Del Zotto,
    Rinne

+ Annual 15 player draft plus FA pickups

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by *Taps!* View Post
    That's one of the reasons I think he gets this reputation (stanley cup run). His regular season stats have historically been average. He's on one of the best future teams you can get - but its an offense-driven team.

I think Rask has the better future, but Fleury has a better chance to help me win this year.

Its still a tough call. Right now I'm sticking with Rask...but I'm just curious what other people think of this...
    I'm going to join the majority and say that letting go of Rask for Fleury is a significant loss in your team's future outlook at goalie.

If winning is a high priority for you this season, I would think that you should be able to get a more consistent short term goalie than Fleury in a deal for Rask. In a 10 team league, there has to be a couple owners with decent goalies stuck behind a stud. I would definitely explore some of those options before pulling the trigger on a Rask for Fleury deal.

I would caution you to remember that it's still early in the year. By this date last season, Rask had started three games. He had a 1-1-1 record, a 3.33 GA and a 89.9 save percentage. Food for thought.
    Last edited by daiglerules; October 24, 2010 at 4:02 PM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by daiglerules View Post
    I'm going to join the majority and say that letting go of Rask for Fleury is a significant loss in your team's future outlook at goalie.

If winning is a high priority for you this season, I would think that you should be able to get a more consistent short term goalie than Fleury in a deal for Rask.
    Well said. I own both in a keeper league and plan to let Fleury walk at the end of the year. Owners in my league have no interest in Fleury (due to his slow start) but would all like Rask for the future. If you can get Fleury for something other than Rask you might consider (if his value is as low as he is in my league), otherwise try at another goalie - don't give up on Rask!