Thread: Ballard, Kuba or Seidenberg

The Great One

Default Ballard, Kuba or Seidenberg

Keeper league- going for it this year. Have Seidenberg but these two just hit waivers. My D is pretty solid and its a weekly hth so I really dont mind waiting out an injury if itll give me some more pop from the backend come playoff time.

Essentially I see them all as capable of producing at a 35ish point pace when healthy- thoughts?

Rep awarded!

Dobber Sports Expert

First thing. definetly not Ballard. He's playing close to 13 minutes a night, and is seeing basically no PP time. Just too many players ahead of him on the depth charts since he moved to a way better defense crew.

So it's down to Kuba or Seidenberg. I think Seidenberg's going to get you a solid 30-35 points this year. You know what you're getting, and it should be consistent.

However, I think I'd go with Kuba who's going to get you around 35 points, with possibly room for a tad more, if he can stay healthy.

But some food for thought. Is that little improvement worth it? Or is it better to keep climbing the waiver order and hope for someone better? I'm not sure who's going to be available this year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ballard has been out since the 4th game with a concussion and it looks like it could ba a longer term injury.

IMO, Seidenberg will see more top quality minutes for a higher scoring team when compared to Kuba, so I'd go with Seidenberg.

Dobber Sports Star

Seidenberg for me as well. Kuba will be fighting for PP time with Gonchar and Karlsson in Ottawa, while Seidenberg really only has Chara (and Boychuk when he gets back) to contend with. I think he's your best bet for consistency.
    10 Team H2H Points-based Keeper League

G, A, PIM, SOG, +/-
    W, SO, SV, GA

C: H. Sedin, Stamkos, Backstrom, Duchene, Granlund
    LW: D. Sedin, Landeskog, B. Schenn, Tatar, Boedker
    RW: P. Kane, Voracek, Hudler, Silfverberg, Toffoli
    D: Ehrhoff, Edler, Franson, Del Zotto, Myers, R. Ellis, Hamonic
    G: Quick, Bishop, Holtby, Peters, M. Jones

Farm: Terevainen, Nurse, Raanta

League Champion: 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2014

12 Team Roto Dynasty League Champion: 2011 and 2013

Dobber Sports Padawan