Thread: Alfredsson versus Radulov

I...am your father.

Default Alfredsson versus Radulov

Here\'s my dilemma. Keeper league, strictly points. I am in first. My rebuilding plan had me going for Top 3 this year and first next year...but things are going very well right now.

So I could bury this thing if I did a move like this straight up. It would open it right up (it\'s tight, first to 11th is within 60 points). The guy I\'d trade with would drop out of that logjam in the top 11 and I would open up a 28-point cushion.

On the other hand - it\'s Rads. My team is in my sig. I\'m leaning towards waiting one more month to be sure, but I risk Alffy being traded elsewhere.

Any thoughts?
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think you should stick to your original game plan. top 3 this year and 1st next year. What happens if you make this trade and Alfie goes down with an injury? Then you don\'t take it this year and you lose Rads for next year and the following years. I think if you feel good about your team and where it is headed you shouldn\'t micro manage to try and pull a few more points ahead this year. Seems like you are taking an unneeded risk.
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM

Dobber Sports Apprentice

whoa... dobber asking us for advice..

us dobber-ites are fully aware of the love for radulov.. but i think wheneer you have a chance to bury the competition, you take it.. plus you make a good point in alfie going somewhere else. i think you have enough young talent to supplement radulov.
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Playing safe is no fun. Blow it open. Try to get Rads back later, could be a good challenge. Alfie will still have top value next year. Part of the fun is having these opportunities where everyone else can\'t believe you made that move. Then you win anyways.
    Keeper League
    Keep 16, Dress 12 Skaters,6D,3Goalies Bench 6
    6 Skater Cats G,A,Pts,PPG,+/-,PIM
    3 Goalie Cats SPG,GAA,GPS
    Forwards: Perry DSedin Spezza MKoivu Skinner Seguin
    Defence: Doughty Karlsson Myers Boyle Subban Kaberle
    Goalies: Lundqvist Price

Super Moderator

I hate Alfie, the guy who won the pool last year won it due to Aflie. This year I\'m in first but the guy in 2nd is right behind thanks to . . Aflie (He also has Radulia - our pet name for him).
    I normally keep the players I really like cause it is a pool and it\'s supposed to be fun but any chance I\'d get to have Alfie I would do it. Like a band-aid, right off. =)
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Giant

Well, this is definitely a hard one... If you\'re pretty sure you can win it this year (how much money is involved?) I would say go for it! Sure Rads has an 120 pts upside, but as miked said you\'ll still have a lot of talent even without Rads.

I never thought I would give advice to you one day!!

Dobber Sports Ace

There is a good rule that I like to follow. Do what you have to do, when you have to do it.

Planning is great, but if you have a chance to win, to take that chance.

Radulov, although we all know you love him is yet to be a proven producer. You are getting a guy putting up prime numbers, right now. I say that you do this trade. Getting a guy like Alf is a huge ordeal. After the season you have an entire year to acquire Radulov. And lets face it, Alfie is putting up great #\'s, so he will get a good return if you want to move him for a player who will be better a year or two year from now.
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.

Dobber Sports Master

This is a situation where you need to bite the bullet and release the player you love in order to win the pool. If you think that Alffy is the answer to win this year go for it. Are there any other options available? You have hyped Radulov to the point where maybe someone better than Alffy is available.

Alffy is also the safer pick ... Radulov hasn\'t proved himself yet.

Side note: Is there rumors on Alffy being traded?
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You should do what you have to do to win this year. If you think not making the eeal gets you several championships maybe not but the furher out, the less likely things are predictable.

If you think you can take it without Alfy, thats another issue but I say take this year however you have to and worry about years 2-5 in the offseason
    12 team roto

Datsyuk/Getzlaf/Stillman/Backstrom/Demitra
    Gagne/Perry/Vanek/Gionta/Radulov//Morrow/D Brown
    Visnovsky/T-kaberle, enstrom, byfuglien, edler, meszaros, robidas
    giguere, lehtonen, labarbera

Farm-Turris, J Bernier

Dobber Sports Master

Just wanted to comment on how fast ppl jumped on the opportunity to respond to this post. Dobber thx for the giving everyone the chance to have an input on your personal pool.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would give it 5-10 more games. That should tell you something about Radulov\'s progression. I\'d hesitate to pull the trigger a little bit longer cuz if radulov starts clickin already, you might really regret it.

Still, I\'m blinded by the Radulove, so I don\'t even trust myself haha.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

I...am your father.

Crazynuck wrote:
    Just wanted to comment on how fast ppl jumped on the opportunity to respond to this post. Dobber thx for the giving everyone the chance to have an input on your personal pool.
    I\'m happy to see the quick answers, and you guys are selling me on doing the move...I\'m gonna give it day-to-day. So basically if Rads gets shut out next game and Alfy gets three...I\'ll probably jump. If they are neck and neck, I\'ll go in watch mode.
    I got the guy to give me a last shot at Alfy if he likes a deal with someone else, so I don\'t think he\'ll be traded out from under me now...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think that this is a tough call but the fact that you can win this year would sway me to trade Rads for Alffy.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Padawan

As a Radulov owner, don\'t do it, you\'ll break my spirit! I watched the game last night, he played over 19 minutes last night and got 6 shots on net, not to mention he absolutely undressed Rafalski. Like you\'ve said, it\'s only a matter of time before they start going in.