Thread: Anybody want to BET here???

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Anybody want to BET here???

Anyone who is interested just state what you think the final score will be for tonights game and whomever gets it right will get a KARMA boost from anybody who has posted a prediction in here. Anybody interested??

I say SJ 5 DET 2 for game 6...

I know Hendy, Giraffe, Goose, Radulov, Good Sir and Lanky will be interested, how about the rest of you guys..?? Lets hear ya...
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re:Anybody want to BET here???

A gambling post ??? Hoooo man, Pete is there !!! :woohoo:

I\'m gonna say ... 3-2 for San Jose !

Bring me the karma ! :whistle:

Dobber Sports Stud

Hmmm.... should be an interesting game, and I\'m excited to see how San Jose responds at home. Also with Schneider being done for the playoffs I wonder how Detroit\'s D will hold up. Lebda coming back will help, but it\'s going to be tough to replace Schneider.

Anyway, since I called Red Wings in 7, I\'m saying 3-2 SJ in OT, Marleau nets the winner.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Played in the Shark Tank. The only things to decide is by how much the Sharks win & how much PP time Chelios gets. Nabby bounces back 3-1 SJ.

Dobber Sports Ace

I say sharks win 4-2 with the empty netter.Marleau gets the winner:evil:My reputation as a karma whore must precede me!!I\'M CHANGING MY WINNING GOAL TO MICHALEK[just noticed Good Sir had already tabbed Marleau.

Post edited by: WildHendy, at: 2007/05/07 19:32
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wings 3-2 with Cleary bagging the winner

I\'ll take Bernier as the goal scoring winner since everyone seems to be going that route. Good luck to you boys but 5-2 seems to be the best answer.HA. Hopefully.

Dobber Sports Stud

Didn\'t see this in time anyway, but I\'ll definitely say this:

Can anybody believe Detroit is ten minutes away from potentially closing out the series? I\'ve said it before, I\'ll say it again: these Wings, whom I initially agreed with Dobber seemed overrated, continue to amaze me. If they get Kronvall back and he plays like he did in the World Championships last year, who knows what could happen.

I love the playoffs!
    T.G.

I just can\'t believe it. It was like watching an old episode of the twilite zone. What the hell was the SHARKS problem. They looked horrible in games 4,5,and 6. Man oh man, I couldn\'t belive watching the game, all the players seemed like they didn\'t care. I am sorry but Ron Wilson has to go. If you can\'t win with all this talent then you will never win, please go back to washington, let KEENAN take over. I know I said it. Iron Mike can maybe light a fire under some of these players or trade them all, HAHAHA...

Thornton and Marleau should have a good look in the mirror, they are the leaders on that team, both making over $6 million, shouldn\'t get paid a cent after that preformance. They couldn\'t lead their teams out of their own ends. I am just so mistified, I can\'t believe a team with that much talent looses to a team that is soooo banged up. Zetterberg was one check away from being lost to a back injury, Schnieder done, Kronvall gone, Bertuzzi almost gone. I like to say Hasek won the series for them but he really wasn\'t even tested.

Busy off-season for Doug Wilson that is forsure. He will lose Hannan to UFA, possibly trade Marleau if the price is right, and maybe even lose one of their goalies in a trade. And to top it off bye bye Ron Wilson.

Sorry guys but I just had to get this off my chest. Man, am I dreaming??

Dobber Sports Pro

The Wings weren\'t much special this series. They played well, but not exceptional.
    I credit Babcock for Detroit\'s success this series for paying attention to San Jose and out-coaching Ron Wilson. Ron doesn\'t change strategy, ever, so babcock knew what to do after the first game ended, and had his team do exactly that.
    The Sharks floated around once they got leads, then had their confidence crushed when they sat back and lost that lead and lost those games. It was like Detroit was saying \"Your regulation success means nothing\", and it was true. The Sharks were the best team to hold a lead in the season, and the worst in the playoffs, and you can\'t blame all of that on the players. Not if it happens continuously. And it\'s not like San jose played all that well against Nashville...they just did enough to keep the lead, or take the lead back.

Detroit played Detroit hockey. The same hockey they played against Calgary(maybe a bit more efficient), plus Holmstrom of course. San Jose, on the other hand, didn\'t play San Jose regular season hockey. They didn\'t even play San Jose playoff hockey. They played last year\'s hockey against the Oilers, and got lucky to come out with 2 wins.

The Sharks are really young, so that could be an issue. Another could have been consistency of their star players. Their goaltending was impeccable. Their defense was a tad sloppy, and their coaching was horrid. Ron couldn\'t adapt, and refused to adapt, and that hurt their chances of winning the series. He wasn\'t even rolling 4 lines like he was against Nashville, which helped them win that series.

The Sharks, even after getting Grier and Brown, and bringing up Clowe, lack heart and leadership. Joe is not a leader, that was proven in Boston. He\'s just not the type, like Owen Nolan wasn\'t the type to lead. Patrick Marleau isn\'t a leader. Maybe by example sometimes, or by his nice character, but he doesn\'t seem like the type to fire up his team. There was no fire in the locker room.

Heck, there weren\'t any candles there to begin with.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Stud

Shoeless wrote:
    Wings 3-2 with Cleary bagging the winner
    Looks like Shoeless was the closest, I guess your karma is going up my friend. CHEERS!
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I used performancr enhancing drugs so I doubt the Commish will allow me ill-gotten gains. I think the wager called for a precise score anyway.

By the way Ducks - Beware the Hasek Factor! He is large on the Wings besides his puckstopping.

Post edited by: Shoeless, at: 2007/05/08 06:51

Post edited by: Shoeless, at: 2007/05/08 06:53