Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hunches

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Hunches

In one year leagues where there is no tomorrow, there are often decent guys floating that have a breakout or at least a mini-breakout for a short time. I find you can thrive on these if you call them right and bring guys into the bottom of your roster for a time.

I really want to know folks hunches here. My current one is Berglund. (Batting pretty good so far having caught both Bailey and Kopecky early in their little runs.) Who else is worth looking at?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Taormina, Letestu, Skinner, Brouwer, Olescz are all being given a good shot at breaking out.
    12 Team ESPN H2H Keeper: 1F/1D/1G
    Skater: G, A, +/-, PTS, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, FOW, TOI, SOG, HIT, DEF
    Goalie: W, SV, SO, GAA, SV%

Mind Your Manners
    Fowards: Tavares, Toews, T. Johnson, Kucherov, Backes, Turris, Huberdeau, Stepan, Kunitz, Filppula, Perron, J. Staal, M. Martin
    Defense: Letang, Carlson, Streit, Fowler, Johnson, Zidlicky
    Goalies: Bishop, Dubnyk, Pavelec
    Daily Start: 9F/5D/1Util/2G

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    In one year leagues where there is no tomorrow, there are often decent guys floating that have a breakout or at least a mini-breakout for a short time. I find you can thrive on these if you call them right and bring guys into the bottom of your roster for a time.

I really want to know folks hunches here. My current one is Berglund. (Batting pretty good so far having caught both Bailey and Kopecky early in their little runs.) Who else is worth looking at?

you know shoeless that should be the name of a weekly article you contribute to the site every week... shoeless hunches

anyways, got my eyes on frolik, stajan, stoll and cumiskey

Dobber Sports Demi-God

With you on Stoll, Ralph - bubble passed on Stajan I think. Cumiskey is definitely a thought. Frolik? - don't know, don't feel the vibes yet.

Brouwer is interesting Skotchek - inkling that he is still 6 weeks away though. Think Letestu, Olescz and Tao are showing too much already to qualify here and Skinner - not this year I think.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

With you on Stoll, Ralph - bubble passed on Stajan I think. Cumiskey is definitely a thought. Frolik? - don't know, don't feel the vibes yet.

Brouwer is interesting Skotchek - inkling that he is still 6 weeks away though. Think Letestu, Olescz and Tao are showing too much already to qualify here and Skinner - not this year I think.
    bubble definitely passed on stajan i suppose... just something about the way people are talking about frolik has me thinking "the masses are going this way, i think i'll pick him up." To be REALLY honest, i have a small glimmer of hope for o'sully still.

The Wolverine

Speaking of under the radar defencemen, what are your thoughts on Boychuk and Niskanen?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sam Gagner, Justin Williams ???

I could see 65 points from each of these guys.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I have a hunch that Dobber is going to be waaaay off on his Hall and Eberle predictions this year.

*Sorry to create a relatively useless post considering the nature of the topic. I just wanted to poke a little fun at Dobber's expense.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Actually NYR - these hunches are as valuable in my mind. Not useless at all, my friend.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Speaking of under the radar defencemen, what are your thoughts on Boychuk and Niskanen?
    Ha! - watching them both - need 1 more game at least.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by little_boyes_semin View Post
    Sam Gagner, Justin Williams ???

I could see 65 points from each of these guys.
    Riding them both already - problem with Gagner for me is that the league is FOW and he sucks at that so he isn't as valuable as he might otherwise be.

The Wolverine

Ha! - watching them both - need 1 more game at least.
    Cool. The reason I ask is that in my deep points league (20 teams, 6 starting D), I have Babchuk, Cumiskey, Boychuck and Niskanen as my #s 3-6 (Markov and Gilbert the other two), so I figured there is potential for some solid depth production across the board.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Pretty good calls in deep leagues I think. I am monitoring them for a fairly shallow league if that is worth anything.

The Wolverine

Pretty good calls in deep leagues I think. I am monitoring them for a fairly shallow league if that is worth anything.
    That's good to know, thanks.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

After catching last night's game, Kopitar looks af if he's ready to heat up. Loktionov looks to have some smarts & seemed to have some chemistry with Anze. If he sticks on his line for a bit & Kopitar goes on one of his runs, the kid could ride his coattails for a month or so & rack up some decent pts.
    I feel sorry for people that don\\\'t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that\\\'s as good as they\\\'re going to feel all day. - F. Sinatra