Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rask tonight??? Really???

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Rask tonight??? Really???

Now I say this not only as a Thomas owner but as a Bruins fan as well.

Rask was first off the ice which indicates he will get the start against Washington. This baffles me.

Yes he is the goalie of the future in Beantown but Thomas has been really hot through the last 3 games allowing only 2 goals. Ride him until he has a bad game then throw Rask in.

Why put a young goalie who is a perfect candidate for sophomore slump (ugh I hate to say that) in nets against an offensive juggernaut like Washington? If he gets lit up tonight, it will destroy his confidence after the 4-1 shellacking against Pheonix in the first game.

Start Timmy, and as I've said before. Put Rask in against the Leafs next who should be in a good losing streak by then
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Initiate

Left Wing Lock has Rask listed but not confirmed.
    12 team keeper league. 8 keepers/team.
    Skater Pts: goal = 2, assist =1, +/-, PIM = .5
    Goalie Pts: win = 5, SO = 3, Sv = .1, GA = -.9

FORWARDS:
    C. Giroux, I. Kovalchuk, E. Malkin, D. Clarkson, D. Perron, J. Pominville, J. Tootoo, R. Mason, R. Nash, J. Iginla, S. Gagner, R. O'Reilly, T. Bozak
    DEFENSE:
    C. Letang, Mike Green, A. Edler, N. Kronwall, D. Engelland, K. Yandle, B. Dillon, P. Martin
    GOALIES:
    R. Miller, J. Quick J. Hiller, C. Nilstorp

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Personally, I think the Bruins will put Rask in for two reasons:

1. They want to see if he can be their guy this year against the really tough teams.

2. The are ultimately hoping to deal Thomas, and starting him against Washington could potentially hurt his numbers. They will play him a lot, but protect him against a potential disaster...being Washington.

Thomas' value is starting to climb, and if the B's can get a good return for Thomas...they will not only ease their cap issues, but also add another useable piece to their team and have the flexibility to add a player or two down the stretch run.

Personally....I think this is a smart move by the Bruins
    12 Team Keeper (max 4 years) ($270 RLD)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, and 2 G weekly
    STATS: F (G,A,GWG) D (G,A,+/-) G (W,GAA,SV%)
    FWD -
    DEF-
    GOAL-

Dobber Sports Star

Rask confirmed tonight. He was first off the ICE!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by SlobTheGreat View Post
    Left Wing Lock has Rask listed but not confirmed.
    Yes, but he was first off the ice which is a good indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by pittshamblyuins View Post
    Personally, I think the Bruins will put Rask in for two reasons:

1. They want to see if he can be their guy this year against the really tough teams.

2. The are ultimately hoping to deal Thomas, and starting him against Washington could potentially hurt his numbers. They will play him a lot, but protect him against a potential disaster...being Washington.

Thomas' value is starting to climb, and if the B's can get a good return for Thomas...they will not only ease their cap issues, but also add another useable piece to their team and have the flexibility to add a player or two down the stretch run.

Personally....I think this is a smart move by the Bruins
    Stopping 35 of 36 against Washington on Tuesday night was far from a disaster. If the Bruins want to win, they should be playing Timmy tonight. Not that Rask isn't more than capable of doing the same thing, but Thomas is in the zone right now.

What will be going through his head? "Geez, I stop 95 of 97 shots in my first 3 games and I still can't lock down the starting role". Obviously Rask is the goalie of the future, but for the love of God, I'm so sick of the Bruins thinking about the future! I want to see them win NOW! Rask will not be hurt by splitting time with Thomas this season. It will just make him hungrier. But make him earn that #1 job. Don't be like the Habs and just hand it over to the chosen goalie without considering who is playing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    Rask confirmed tonight. He was first off the ICE!
    Not confirmed on LWL yet but probably will be soon

Dobber Sports Stud

simple answer

Tuuka is the bruins # 1

period

get over timmy t......hes not their future......hes the best backup in the league......i like timmy t and i hope he gets traded to someone where he can be a starter

tuuka is just a better goalie in 2010/11 period.......

Dobber Sports Expert

Thomas has been hot which is why Rask owners are frustrated over the volume of consecutive starts for Timmy T. Jullien has been riding the hot G. The reason Rask is starting is b/c both G are capable of being #1 both need game reps to stay on top of their games.

Winning or losing isn't going to impact Rask's confidence nearly as much as growing icicles on the bench will. Rask is in b/c these 2 G need to share starts until the middle of the season where one will emerge as the team's go-to-guy and that G will get the lion's share of starts down the stretch.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    simple answer

Tuuka is the bruins # 1

period

get over timmy t......hes not their future......hes the best backup in the league......i like timmy t and i hope he gets traded to someone where he can be a starter

I know he's not their future but he is a legitimate starter for 50-60 games a season. He works best with someone to compete with for the #1 job which is what he should have right now. Although, seeing as how he has always worked best as a backup trying to steal the job, maybe the Bruins are just giving him some motivation. I still don't see him being traded. I think he and Rask will split the starts fairly even unless one of them gets really hot, then one could get 50-55 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewklassen View Post
    Thomas has been hot which is why Rask owners are frustrated over the volume of consecutive starts for Timmy T. Jullien has been riding the hot G. The reason Rask is starting is b/c both G are capable of being #1 both need game reps to stay on top of their games.

Winning or losing isn't going to impact Rask's confidence nearly as much as growing icicles on the bench will. Rask is in b/c these 2 G need to share starts until the middle of the season where one will emerge as the team's go-to-guy and that G will get the lion's share of starts down the stretch.
    Very valid points. Rask is usually a pretty confident goalie (other than his freak out a while back which was justifiable). I know they don't want to keep him on the bench but I hate to see them interrupt Thomas' hot streak

Dobber Sports Apprentice

simple answer

Tuuka is the bruins # 1

period

I guess this guy's league counts "time on bench" as a stat!

Tuukka is gold in your league, bro!

Dobber Sports Initiate

left wing lock has Thomas now as the confirmed starter.
    12 team keeper league. 8 keepers/team.
    Skater Pts: goal = 2, assist =1, +/-, PIM = .5
    Goalie Pts: win = 5, SO = 3, Sv = .1, GA = -.9

FORWARDS:
    C. Giroux, I. Kovalchuk, E. Malkin, D. Clarkson, D. Perron, J. Pominville, J. Tootoo, R. Mason, R. Nash, J. Iginla, S. Gagner, R. O'Reilly, T. Bozak
    DEFENSE:
    C. Letang, Mike Green, A. Edler, N. Kronwall, D. Engelland, K. Yandle, B. Dillon, P. Martin
    GOALIES:
    R. Miller, J. Quick J. Hiller, C. Nilstorp

Dobber Sports Demi-God

So does Fantasy 911

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by little_boyes_semin View Post
    I guess this guy's league counts "time on bench" as a stat!

Tuukka is gold in your league, bro!

always good to piss off your top tender.....

that said on a serious note.....are you a pedophile???

what up with the 'little boys semen' moniker?????

im sure it was meant as a joke but failed miserably

little boys semen is abviously what your username implies......disgusting pedophile pervert

Dobber Sports Ninja

always good to piss off your top tender.....

that said on a serious note.....are you a pedophile???

what up with the 'little boys semen' moniker?????

im sure it was meant as a joke but failed miserably

little boys semen is abviously what your username implies......disgusting pedophile pervert
    Can you please go away?

Your last 6 posts have been:

1) ragging on someone about being a pedofile
    2) calling Nash the most overrated player in fantasy hockey
    3) slamming Ennis and the Buffalo Sabres
    4) calling a potential trade "full of crap"
    5) calling tanking "gay"
    6) calling Stajan a pile of feces

I can't even make this stuff up. Your world must be an extraordinarily sad and depressing place to feel the need to spew negativity, homophobic vitriol, and personal insults on such a regular basis.

I've seen you post helpful fantasy hockey tidbits in the past but it's getting to the point where it would be nice if you just found somewhere else to be that thinks it's cool and funny to utter bigoted statements, attack people and tear down people's ideas.

Because from what I can tell many people are just getting tired of your act - myself included.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Can you please go away?

Your last 6 posts have been:

1) ragging on someone about being a pedofile
    2) calling Nash the most overrated player in fantasy hockey
    3) slamming Ennis and the Buffalo Sabres
    4) calling a potential trade "full of crap"
    5) calling tanking "gay"
    6) calling Stajan a pile of feces

I can't even make this stuff up. Your world must be an extraordinarily sad and depressing place to feel the need to spew negativity, homophobic vitriol, and personal insults on such a regular basis.

I've seen you post helpful fantasy hockey tidbits in the past but it's getting to the point where it would be nice if you just found somewhere else to be that thinks it's cool and funny to utter bigoted statements, attack people and tear down people's ideas.

Because from what I can tell many people are just getting tired of your act - myself included.
    1 - nash IS the most overrated player in fantasy hockey.....many would agree

2 Stajan is 'crap'...only fantasy worthy in the deepest leagues on the planet

3 ennis and the sabres are off to a slow start

4 the trade in question was junk for junk...who cares?

5 'tanking' is gay....free speech for canadians...im sick of the 'left' crybabies..waaaaa

6 I DIDNT call myself "little boys semen"....that is sick...perverted...pedophilish and dobber should not allow that on his site.....im serious......what was this guy thinking?

The Great One

Getting involved with Tequila monster = pointless.

The saddest part is that 95% of people on here already know that its just an alias for another well known poster. He has a few pops logs on as Tequila monster and sais all this adversarial crap that he doesnt have the balls or conviction to say under his real account purely to get a reaction. Its chlidish and lame but by us even responding here hes gotten more milage out of this dumb game than he should have.

Engaging him just encourages him and gives him an outlet to spew more ignorant commentary. Just ignore him and he'll go away...