Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will either Rask or Thomas start 50+ Games

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Here is my concern about the Boston situation - they have a low number of B2B's this season (14) and they are going to be playoff bound and you want a goalie in the groove going in - Rask choked the chicken against the Flyers - who do you want in net? I will bet money on Thomas getting 60% of the starts and maybe more. I don't think you dick around with a platoon if you don't have to.
    These conversations are money. Thanks a ton for all the input. I snagged Thomas last night. I only get two UFA picks all year and this is one of them, but there are precious few high end G or D available on the wire and I have unlimited trading to compensate for other spots.

Thanks guys! Shoeless, as always, you helped make the conversation go somewhere on this thread. Despite the varying views, you brought it out. I appreciate that.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Ace

in espn this am, thomas is only owned in 86% of leagues which is nuts. Rask will get his chances but i agree with the majority, neither will start more that 45 each. This is the exact reason I Thomas late round this year, and I picked up Rask late last year to ensure i got the majority of the B starts. I call it the Chara factor which always helps. If thomas is hot all year, i dont see them moving him either. I took me a few games this year to start Thomas, as my trust was not all the high after getting burned last year, but after two W againts Washington... it s on.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto League - H2H, weekly changes - $100 WW budget - 75 remaining
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, Sv%, SOot

C - Getzlaf, E.Staal
    LW - Parise (RW), Benn
    RW - Giroux (C), Radulov
    D - Striet, Pietrangelo
    Util - Backes, Riberio, Malone
    G - Halak (Elliot), Rinne, Bryz
    Bench - M.Koivu, Kane (C)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by andrewklassen View Post
    These conversations are money. Thanks a ton for all the input. I snagged Thomas last night. I only get two UFA picks all year and this is one of them, but there are precious few high end G or D available on the wire and I have unlimited trading to compensate for other spots.

Thanks guys! Shoeless, as always, you helped make the conversation go somewhere on this thread. Despite the varying views, you brought it out. I appreciate that.
    I agree, great thread!

This is what I love about the forums, an intelligent discussion, a lot of different perspectives, and good points.

Thanks shoeless and everyone else, as a Thomas owner trying to gauge his value this thread was very helpful.
    12 Team, Head to Head Points Keeper League (Keep 7)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(0.75), SHP(1), HITS(0.15), BKS(0.1)
    W(3), SV(0.05), SO(3)

C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), UTIL (1), G (2), BENCH (5)