Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ???Question about sig info???

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default ???Question about sig info???

I went to my User CP thing today, then got to edit sig because I want to put a 2nd team that I own into my sig. However, I keep getting the same message that says that I cannot exceed 500 characters. How can I only put down 1 1/2 teams worth of info, but it seems like other people are putting full novels into there sigs? What am I doing wrong here? Can someone please explain to me how I can fix this? Do I make the font smaller? How do I do that? Remember, i'm not extremely computer savvy, so it may take a little explaining. Thank you.

Dobber Sports Novice

Very carefully write it out on a piece of paper and.....tape it to your screen.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Can someone help for real?

Dobber Sports Genius

I,m not sure of the answer here, but I do notice that those with larger (more than one team) in thier sig, usually have a much smaller print (font or whatever it's called). Could that be it?

Dobber Sports Legend

It has nothing to do with smaller print, it is a 500 character limit (which includes spaces). I wish Dobber would have an admin adjust the character setting to at least 750-800 characters. 500 is very limited and sucks to be honest. Also wish the avatars could be bigger.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Legend

In fact, I would personally donate $15 a year to the Dobber forums (in addition to the guide pack I buy) if he would be willing to open up the sig. limit to 800 characters and the avatar size to 100 x 100. I am totally serious.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Genius

That's some funny shit (although I do understand you are serious ), and your avatar is quite a bit bigger than mine. Might have a case of "avatar" here on my end as well.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    That's some funny shit (although I do understand you are serious ), and your avatar is quite a bit bigger than mine. Might have a case of "avatar" here on my end as well.
    I am serious. Someone text Dobber and tell him to sign off on these adjustments. I will paypal asap. I would love to add my (non-keepers) to my sig. and other info that would be helpful when seeking advice.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Genius

I asked about the avatar size once, and was told that it was twice reduced in size (not sure why) and those who originally had a larger size could keep it that way, while newer members would have to with the newr (smaller sizes).

I also wish that my avatar could be more pronounced.

Dobber Sports Legend

I asked about the avatar size once, and was told that it was twice reduced in size (not sure why) and those who originally had a larger size could keep it that way, while newer members would have to with the newr (smaller sizes).

I also wish that my avatar could be more pronounced.
    Rainy, what do you mean by pronounced? Like sharper or more clear/bright?
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Rainy, what do you mean by pronounced? Like sharper or more clear/bright?
    Mainly I wouldn't mind for it to be bigger.

Dobber Sports Legend

Mainly I wouldn't mind for it to be bigger.
    Here are some Americans options if you want. I brought them into PhotoShop and tried to make them as bright as possible, but the size is very limited. Feel free to use any if you like:

8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Here are some Americans options if you want. I brought them into PhotoShop and tried to make them as bright as possible, but the size is very limited. Feel free to use any if you like:
    Wow man. This is awfully nice of you fugchen3, and well worth a rep shot. This behavior is exactly what makes DOBBERHOCKEY a special and rare forum in the sense of respect for one another.

Thanks again buddy.

I,m going to keep them all for future use.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Definitely not enough room for a 2nd team.
    I actually don't mind. One of the main reasons I don't blog on "hfboards" is the ridiculous amount of page space taken up by people's quotes/pictures/favourite chapters of their favourite books, etc.

For smallest font:
    (SQUAREBRACKET)SIZE="1"(SQUAREBRACKET)
    ...then all your stuff...
    (SQUAREBRACKET)/SIZE(SQUAREBRACKET)
    Last edited by Pengwin7; October 19, 2010 at 10:41 PM.

Dobber Sports Legend

Wow man. This is awfully nice of you fugchen3, and well worth a rep shot. This behavior is exactly what makes DOBBERHOCKEY a special and rare forum in the sense of respect for one another.

Thanks again buddy.

I,m going to keep them all for future use.
    No worries man. I am an avatar junkie to be honest. I used to change my tar monthly but have been rocking the Karlsson for a while now. In fact, I am keeping Karlsson until he at least scores 40+ in a season.
    8-GM / WK-H2H