Thread: Rinne/Lindback - don't panic

The Wolverine

Default Rinne/Lindback - don't panic

Disclaimer 1 - I'm no expert on the Nashville goalie situation.
    Disclaimer 2 - I own Rinne in 1 league.

However, I have read several posts on here recently about people who are worried about the goalie situation in Nashville. Rinne gets a minor injury, and now Lindback (who admittedly has filled in well) is now going to take a significant chunk of Rinne's starts? I don't believe it at all.

I feel that this helps Nashville knowing they have a capable backup to spot start when necessary, but Rinne is still the man and should get the vast majority of starts (65ish).

That being said, even at the beginning of the season, I wasn't expecting 40+ wins from Rinne, but I still expect him to join the upper echelon (35+ wins, sub 2.4 GAA, ~.920 SV%, 5+ SO).

Anyway, this is my opinion. Agree/disagree? Discuss...
    Last edited by horrorfan; October 19, 2010 at 6:29 AM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I agree, but I do expect 40 wins. I believe Rinne is one of the NHL's best goalies and Nashville is an underrated team.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    I agree, but I do expect 40 wins. I believe Rinne is one of the NHL's best goalies and Nashville is an underrated team.
    I agree that Nashville is underrated and Rinne is an excellent goalie. I just figured he would have to play around 70 games to have a chance at 40 wins.

Last year, all of the 40 game winners played at least 68 games. For those in the 35-39 win club, the only ones under 70 games were Fleury (67) and Howard (63).

But I hope you're right.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

40 wins is a lot of wins for a goalie in the NHL these days. For a goalie to reach 40 wins, he must:
    1. Be the Go To Guy Everygame,
    2. Be on a pretty dominant team, and
    3. Stay healthy all season to get into the games

Each one of these could be debated for Rinne
    1. Lindback is playing well so he will get some starts (my guess is 15ish)
    2. Nashville is always underrated but I think Nashville needs to win 50-55 games for Rinne to post 40+ wins and I don't see that.
    3. Rinne has already experienced an injury this season so a few minor tweaks here and there will not surprise me at all.

I might temper the 40 win expectation. Rinne is good/elite but i think he will fall closer to 35-37ish wins.