View Poll Results: Start Lindback vs Capitals?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yes! He's on a roll and the Preds are solid at home.

3 27.27%
  • Yes, I think it's good matchup.

1 9.09%
  • No, I don't like the odds on this one.

7 63.64%
  • No way! A rookie against the Caps is netminding suicide.

0 0%

Thread: Lindback vs Washington: Fantasy suicide?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Lindback vs Washington: Fantasy suicide?

Anders Lindback has gotten off to a great start filling in for the injured Rinne, going 2-0-0, with a 2.18 GAA, and a .925 SV%. Lindback also had a great camp going 2-1-0, with a 2.00 GAA, and a .925 SV%...which practically mirrors his regular season performance thus far.

I shouldn't get carried away as this is an extremely small sample size, and he is facing the Washington Capitals and the most prolific offense in the league. If there is any reason for optimism it may lie in these small factoids:

1. The Predators shut out the Capitals in Washington 3-0 during their final pre-season game with Pekka Rinne in net. Both teams dressed most of their regulars, except Backstrom was held out. (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore?gid=2010100323)

2. The Capitals lost their first and only road game to the Thrashers 4-2, whereas at the Preds are 2-0 at home, beating the Ducks (easy) and Blues (not so easy).

3. Mike Green, Tom Poti, and Matt Bradley did not make the trip to Nashville. Not having Green in the lineup changes the dynamic of the Caps offense a bit...as they squeaked by the Islanders at home last time out.

Would you start Lindback against the Capitals ferocious offense?
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Banned

I would start him. The Predators aren't really a team that gets blown out too often and Washington is without Green and hasn't looked nearly as powerful as the Caps of last season.

Dobber Sports Ace

I might be wrong, but I think what I've read (mostly yahoo) had stated that Rinne might be back in net tonight.

Don't hold me to this as I could be completely wrong.

Fri, Oct 15

Rinne (lower back) says he is '100 percent' and could play Saturday against Washington, the Tennessean reports.

Recommendation: Rinne skaÂ*ted on Friday and reporÂ*ted no setbacks. "It felt good to be on the ice," Rinne said. "I got to take some shots and really tried to push myself. It was a good skate." Rinne has misÂ*sed Nashville's last two games after susÂ*taiÂ*ning a "lower-body" injury in the team's home opeÂ*ner against Anaheim.

(Rotowire.com)

Dobber Sports Ace

Beating the Capitals is a tall order, but I think Lindback is up to it.

Seriously, Caps are struggling a bit to score and have not got untracked yet. They will bust out soon, but Nashville is a solid team that will keep any game close.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Banned

Trotz said Lindback is starting tonight.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Nashville plays a solid defensive game. I wouldn't worry too much.

Dobber Sports Ace

The Dobberites have spoken...it was very tight, but the consensus is that it's not worth risking this time around. I'm really interested in seeing how he does tonight...
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'd probably start him in that roto league in your signature. Tough enough to get in 164 games in goal as it is and Lindback is playing well and the Preds are at home and finding ways to win. Don't think you get hurt too bad if at all.

Edit: Well that was a wasted response - didn't realize it was past game start - oops
    Last edited by Shoeless; October 16, 2010 at 8:18 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I'd probably start him in that roto league in your signature. Tough enough to get in 164 games in goal as it is and Lindback is playing well and the Preds are at home and finding ways to win. Don't think you get hurt too bad if at all.

Edit: Well that was a wasted response - didn't realize it was past game start - oops
    No worries Shoeless, I actually really like your comments and am now wishing I had taken a gamble on him today. I chose to play it safe and wait for better matchups later in the season as my goaltending got ripped early on last season and I was never able to recover. Out of my goalies who are starting today, I only started Vokoun. Both Neuvirth and Lindback have looked great so far...but that could change in a hurry (see BOS vs NJ, 2nd Period).