Thread: This isn't what I wanted to see this Morning Thomas to start

Dobber Sports Star

Default This isn't what I wanted to see this Morning Thomas to start

Damit I fought back to lead my matchup this week and now their starting that old Thomas again. That is only 1 start in 2 weeks for Rask.
    I can t even put in another tender because we only have weekly starts.

They even said Thomas will get the start in New Jersey.

Why did I draft the young stud rated by everyone in the top 8 goal tenders?

Boston Globe

Dobber Sports Novice

Make no mistake, Rask is the future in Boston. But Thomas had a shutout last time and deserves to start the following game. Nothing wrong with a little competition to keep Rask sharp.

The real question is why didn't you draft Thomas as a handcuff?

The B's could also trade Thomas later in the year and he might end up being a #1 elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by gilgilbert View Post
    Make no mistake, Rask is the future in Boston. But Thomas had a shutout last time and deserves to start the following game. Nothing wrong with a little competition to keep Rask sharp.

The B's could also trade Thomas later in the year and he might end up being a #1 elsewhere.
    This is exactly what I did and hope for!
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Where did you see that Thomas was starting tonight? All i can find is that Rask is the probable for tonight. I have Varlamov coming off the IR, and i have to drop Thomas or Vokoun to make room. I'm hanging on to Neuvirth.I am not a big fan of Vokoun, and i still believe in Thomas. Really seems odd or crazy that Bos. would start Thomas tonight. Does that mean equal starts or what?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
    Where did you see that Thomas was starting tonight? All i can find is that Rask is the probable for tonight. I have Varlamov coming off the IR, and i have to drop Thomas or Vokoun to make room. I'm hanging on to Neuvirth.I am not a big fan of Vokoun, and i still believe in Thomas. Really seems odd or crazy that Bos. would start Thomas tonight. Does that mean equal starts or what?

Tim Thomas will likely get the start Saturday against the Devils.
    He is coming off a shutout against the Coyotes in the Bruins' last game and deserves the follow-up start. It will be interesting to see what Boston coach Claude Julien does if Thomas plays well against New Jersey. Will he go back to him for Tuesday's game in Washington? Stay tuned as we would not be surprised if Thomas steals back his starting job from Tuukka Rask.
    Source: Boston Globe
    Related: Tuukka Rask

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by gilgilbert View Post

We can only have 3 goaltenders. Useless to have both from same team when you can only start 1 a week

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Damn! I really hate to drop Thomas, with Varlamov being Mr. IR, and he's one of my keepers.