Thread: Prospect Goalie? (Enroth, Griess, Holtby, etc.)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Prospect Goalie? (Enroth, Griess, Holtby, etc.)

I'm in a very deep keeper league (20 teams - each with a max of 3 goalies) where goalies are very hard to come by. I feel very comfortable with my two starters, but I do not have a third goalie on my roster. I am not looking for someone to contribute right away, more of a solid prospect for the future (maybe 1-3 years away). Since the league is deep, guys like Markstrom, Bernier and Schneider are gone.

These are some of the names that are left. If you would rank your top 3 that would be great.

Enroth
    Greiss
    Pickard
    Holtby
    Hackett
    Allen
    Bishop
    Dubnyk
    Reimer
    Bachman

Thank you for your help!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

My take on those would be:

Greiss / Holtby at the top. Too close to call, but mayhaps easier for Greiss to become an NHL regular...just due to team situations.

Then Enroth, but I may be out on a limb on that one. Have had a soft spot for Bishop for a few yrs...but trying to keep it real. Heh.

The King of Diatribes

The more pro goalie coaches I talk to, the more Ben Bishop continues to slide up on my scale. He is starting to improve his footwork and is learning how to use his size much more effectively. I think he will be Halak's backup next year.

Definitely Greiss. He's an NHL-caliber player right now and the Sharks are smart to keep him around, even though they aren't really helping his development at all. But he's going to be a very good goalie for a long time.

The final goalie would be a tie between Enroth and Holtby. But I would side with Enroth because I think he proved in the pre-season that despite last year's one bad outing, he is small, but he is definitely an NHL-caliber goalie. And the more opportunities he gets, the more confident he will become. A late bloomer from Sweden that isn't the traditional mold but a very capable goalie. Holtby is going to be an NHL goalie as well but might need to wait a little longer. Much more beneficial size compared to Enroth. I think Enroth is more of a high-skilled goalie with great potential but Holtby is just a steady-as-she-goes goalie with a gradual rise in skill headed his way.

Sorry for the delayed reply on this!! But definitely keep your eyes on Bishop. He was terrible two years ago. Somewhat decent last year. But could be VERY good this year and push Conklin outta the way.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

since Greiss is now gone and probably behind Stalock on the depth charts, I would go with Enroth, Hackett, then Holtby closely followed by the Blues AHL tandem.
    14 Team Yahoo H2H Dynasty League with Farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, SH%, Hit, Blk
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Datsyuk, Richards, Toews, Hodgson
    LW: Morrow, Parise, Ryan
    RW: Malkin, Kane, Eriksson
    D: Chara, Pronger, Green, Subban, Keith
    Bench: Gerbe, Neil, Adam

G: Rinne, Miller, Crawford, Emery, Smith

IR: Kesler, Eller, Jeffrey

Farm: Salak, Enroth, Schenn, Grigorenko, Nyquist