Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NHL Gamecenter and IP Spoofing!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default NHL Gamecenter and IP Spoofing!

Perhaps a fellow hardcore hockey fan and Dobberrite can help.

I am really interested in finally investing in the NHL Gamecenter after they lowered the price and increased the quality!

My only problem is that it seems 20-30% of the games are blacked out. I live somewhat near Toronto. For example, Det vs Col is blocked out.

I don't have cable, tsn, etc..

I am not taking a revenue source away from them technically as I am never paying for that.

I want to pay for this Gamecenter.

Now I am trying to use software to spoof my ip (Real hide ip) so that it shows that I am from somewhere else but I am thinking this isn't going to work as the NHL Gamecenter requires a secure connection. (it didn't work!)

Proxy servers don't work either.

Anybody more technical have any insights into this? Major rep if there is a solution. I may still go in since the free hockey viewing options are not of good quality.

Thanks and rep for the help.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Dobber Sports Initiate

Don't you have to enter your address when you register?

I'd think they would use that address to determine what market you are in and to determine what games to black out for you.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rjfisher83 View Post
    Don't you have to enter your address when you register?

I'd think they would use that address to determine what market you are in and to determine what games to black out for you.
    no dude, they localize you based off your IP address, not your physical address...a proxy server WILL work but you need a fair amount of know-how to set one up properly and you'd want it localized somewhere outside of NHL markets (like say Mexico ) I've considered getting it myself but opted against it because I cant stand the stupid blackout rules...why the **** these TV ******** don't wake up to the reality that they have a whole untapped market of internet viewers to make tons of money off of....a group who will willingly watch all the crappy commercials and even pay a nominal fee if only they can watch what they want when they want. Instead they're mired in a 1980s mentality of restrictiveness...so so shortsighted

Dobber Sports Recruit

It's annoying for sure but I just watch the ones that are blacked out on ATDHE.net

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well I know the reason the Detroit/Colorado game is blacked out is because it is being nationally televised on Versus (in the states). Not sure how that affects those of you north of the border.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

DET vs COL will be blacked out anywhere in Canada I believe because TSN2 is showing it.
    20 team H2H keeper. Keep 10. Now drafting...
    Start 2C, 2L, 2R, 2W, 2F, 4D, 1G daily
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG and W,GAA,SV%,SO

C: Getzlaf, Zetterberg, Mueller, Gerbe
    L: Parise, Elias, Prust, Pouliot
    R: Gaborik, Briere, Clarkson, Brouwer
    D: Weber, Yandle, E. Johnson, Zidlicky
    G: Howard, Gustavsson, Fasth

Farm: Toffoli, Tatar, Lehner, Josi

Dobber Sports Stud

I knew this would not be an uncommon problem here.

I have tried several free proxy servers. Most don't load the page properly. Those that do, have trouble navigating the secure connection. Personally (I have limited tech know-how) I think that is problem since they must have decent security on there if you pay so that you can't just hack an account to get free NHL games.

I'm not pissed but I agree with McGoo. Like I said last year when I posted that I AM their demographic and all they are doing is alienating people like me. Before it was too expensive, but with the price drop, it is a reasonable $20 a month CDN.

In the long run, I believe it will be about 10-15% of games will be blacked out due to TSN2, etc..

CBC streams from their site for free.
    Sneeze Girl: retired (Brett Favre'd)

9 Keeper, 7 Teams:

1 G, 1 A, 1 PPA, 1 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 SHG, +/-

3 WIN, -1 LOST, 5 SHUTOUT, -0.5 GA, 0.3 SV, -0.2 SHOT

Banned

Shao you probably aren't going to have much luck with those software based 'proxy servers' because they aren't true proxies...a true proxy server is a computer setup to handle your web requests for you, on your behalf. So ideally you have such a server setup somewhere that geophysically is in a good location...for example, I cant ever watch CBC streamed games here in the U.S. because they detect where I'm from and block it...but if I were to setup a server in your basement in Ontario and use it as a proxy then I would be golden...that's the kind of proxy you ideally want and why I say it takes a little know how and some cooperation from someone in a prime location

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I am having the same problem, and when I have some free time I will figure a good way out (I hope).

As stated above, it will be done through proxy servers. Unfortunately, as dobberities are all knowing... this would be a question to be asked at a different forum, a tech forum. I am sure if you google for some forums you will come up with a good one. I know one site 4chan.org, they have a large user base, and there are forums for almost everything it seems. Got it from cnn, they were responsible for hacking the anti-piracy companies websites. Evidentially, co-ordinated the hacking through their forum members by posting them to do it. So, if they can do that, they must know good free proxy servers.

I will attempt to find a solution, however, I am not the best at tech. I hope this helps and if you find a way, let me know, and I will do the same.

Dobber Sports Novice

It depends on how good their ip tracking is, but there are some options.

1) Use Hot Spot Shield. It's a program that will connect you to free VPN servers so all your internet traffic will be redirected through their servers. This will work as long as the Hot Spot Shield servers are not blacklisted - as they are for Hulu

2)Use a paid dedicated VPN server. There are many , AllwaysVPN is one option. IT will be fast, reliable, and it should work 99% sure.

3)Use Hockeystreams.com instead of Game center. In Canada I find the streams to be great quality with no buffering or anything. There are no blackouts and it's cheaper than Game center.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CMSpiced View Post
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I am having the same problem, and when I have some free time I will figure a good way out (I hope).

As stated above, it will be done through proxy servers. Unfortunately, as dobberities are all knowing... this would be a question to be asked at a different forum, a tech forum. I am sure if you google for some forums you will come up with a good one. I know one site 4chan.org, they have a large user base, and there are forums for almost everything it seems. Got it from cnn, they were responsible for hacking the anti-piracy companies websites. Evidentially, co-ordinated the hacking through their forum members by posting them to do it. So, if they can do that, they must know good free proxy servers.

I will attempt to find a solution, however, I am not the best at tech. I hope this helps and if you find a way, let me know, and I will do the same.
    hahahaha 4chan? if you're not tech savvy the LAST place I'd go looking for advice is 4chan, those guys will eat you alive -lol

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Lol, I have only gone once or twice, dont know much about it, it is just a forum i know about.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I tried Hotspot Shield on Monday night and was able to watch the Caps-Sens game after getting the "blacked out in your area" message. Give it a try.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Some good ideas in this thread - thanks all, I've gotta check some of these out. I'm thinking of cutting my cable and hockey is the only thing I'd miss. If I can get a good (no blackout) option for cheapish, then I'll be set!!

Quote Originally Posted by CMSpiced View Post
    For the love of god, leave /b/ out of this.

And for any of you browsing from work, stay far - FAR away. Actually, its probably best for everyone to stay far away from that place.
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Guru

hockeystreams.com ftw