Thread: \"Starting a Pool\" updates

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default \"Starting a Pool\" updates

My first post on my new website addiction. Just found this site in the last couple of weeks, and I wish I\'d found it before my playoff draft! I\'m a long-time pool junkie, but have never been in a keeper before. Starting next season I\'m looking at commish-ing my own, so I\'m asking the questions early. Perhaps I\'m jumping into the deep end, but...

Question #1: when might we expect an update on the \"Starting a Pool\" section?

Question #2: any suggestions as to the best online pool-hosting site, specifically taking into account flexibility of rosters, odd-numbered trades (eg: 2 for 1), and ability to enforce positional minimums?

Regarding #2, I\'ve used officepools in the past for simple pools involving no bench/reserves/farm and 1-for-1 trades, and I\'m not sure how they handle all the other stuff. I\'ve also looked at yahoo, however I\'m not keen on the 5-player starting line-up limit. Any suggestions appreciated, and wicked site, Dobber!
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction

I...am your father.

Default Re:\"Starting a Pool\" updates

Chadosaur - my apologies, I completely missed this post!

An update on \"starting a keeper league\". I have seven more I would like to add and I had a volunteer doing it...but he got tied up in several things and has dropped off the face of the earth. I don\'t know if/when I will have time to do it myself. Perhaps I\'ll just dig them up and post them as is, without cleaning up the language, grammar, etc. and just post. Stay tuned...

Officepools, Pool Expert and Pickup hockey all have an option to add a player called Z. Zero. It is perfect to handle odd-man trades, so that flexibility is everywhere. I like certain aspects of all three. Pickup Hockey is free, so that\'s the aspect I like about that one!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:\"Starting a Pool\" updates

Appreciate it, Dobber.

I\'ve never actually come across Pickup Hockey before. I\'d be interested in hearing other opinions on both Pickup Hockey and Pool Expert, if anyone\'s had experience with them previously.
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction