Thread: update on Patrice Bergeron???

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default update on Patrice Bergeron???

Can anybody tell me if Bergeron is expected back this year or not?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

he has gone back home to be with his family for christmas, and will be re-evaluated in the new year. However, all indications are that he will not play again this year as he is still suffering the effects of the concussion. Of course never say never, but i would be more shocked if he came back than if he didn\'t, based on what i\'ve read.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Not a guy I would be counting on for a keeper either - I think this lad is going to have a hard time to play hockey again - perhaps at least at the level he had started too.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Seems we are looking at a Connolly situation for the future. Lets hope he has the success Tim has so far once he does return... knock on ice.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dec. 9 - 6:29 am et
    Patrice Bergeron is improving in small amounts. Bergeron still has too many bad days and it could be that his season is over as he has yet to return to the ice, or even think about it. \"He\'s feeling better, but only slightly,\" GM Peter Chiarelli said. \"If you looked at his recovery as a curve, that curve is going up, but not a lot. He still has good days with no headaches, then a bad day with headaches. He can walk a little, have some light massage, but that\'s really about it.\" Chiarelli also said that Bergeron could work out with weights but his doctors have advised against it as it could trigger headaches. It does not appear that Bergeron will play again this season.