Thread: Need Two New Moderators

I...am your father.

Default Need Two New Moderators

Any volunteers?

Duties mainly deleting spam, which we have cut down and will really cut down again when I put the math question back up (but that was blocking the odd sale so I disabled it for a few days).
    The most important duty is approving legitimate new users and their first posts. I'm finding that I am approving 8 or 10 of these when I check every few hours, so it's clear more mods are needed so as to not keep them waiting.

Other, less common duties include putting out fires/stopping arguments that go too far, etc. Send me a PM

Thanks!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

I should add - to current mods - watch for these new posts. I notice sometimes you respond to newbies...but nobody can read the newbie post except you (since you're a mod) and yet you answer them...and don't approve them. Keep in mind that a little person icon beside a thread indicates a noob who needs to be approved.
    And also don't forget the mods/admins have our own thread at the bottom of the forum, if you have any questions.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

So many good people volunteering, wow - thank you. In fact, I can't pick two. I'm going with four more mods, so new people will be approved quickly. Once you are approved the first time, you don't need approval anymore after that. So getting that first post approved quickly is important, as we don't want their first experience here to be "huh? why isn't my post showing after one hour? aw, screw this!"

Anyway, we'll go with Shakedown, GMGates, Chinny and Dean Youngblood. All long-time members and very active, too.
    Thanks again!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    So many good people volunteering, wow - thank you. In fact, I can't pick two. I'm going with four more mods, so new people will be approved quickly. Once you are approved the first time, you don't need approval anymore after that. So getting that first post approved quickly is important, as we don't want their first experience here to be "huh? why isn't my post showing after one hour? aw, screw this!"

Anyway, we'll go with Shakedown, GMGates, Chinny and Dean Youngblood. All long-time members and very active, too.
    Thanks again!
    great list.

glad to have them knighted and on board. More people to put out fires that I trip and stumble into Lol. Just kidding. I've been way better since 2008.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Some great picks.

Dobber Sports Novice

Are you still requiring volunteers for this?
    Follow me on Twitter,here: http://twitter.com/hockeyforums

Dobber Sports Icon

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Thanks again!
    Somehow I never saw this thread. Great choices, all will do fine I am sure. It's a thankless task, I've modded/adminned far larger boards than this one, and it can really eat up your time, your inbox is usually full of trivial problems, and you have to deal directly with the scumbags out there who like to stir things up (I am referring to trolls who post racial, homophobic crap, etc).

Thanks to the four new mods and all the other staff who keep the site rolling, it is greatly appreciated!
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin